It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

welsh miners trapped.

page: 2
18
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I really feel for the families and friends waiting,

They are stuck inside a community centre, surrounded by press, knowing one of their fathers, brother, son or dad has died and not knowing if its your or not.

Worse than if they knew, must be the longest last few hours of their life, and still no sooner to removing the body.

I am pretty optimistic for the remaining the water blockage seems to be lower than where they would have been in the mine, so hopefully they have air and as safe a place to wait, as possible.

Sospian Fach

May no more of our fathers die underground, enough already in our history.

Kind Regards,

Elf




posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf
 


Can I point out the press are not being allowed near them, which in my opinion is a good thing. They do not need cameras or reporters shoved in their faces while they are going through this ordeal.

The whole of the Country have these miners in their thoughts today that is for sure.



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
I really feel for the families and friends waiting,

They are stuck inside a community centre, surrounded by press, knowing one of their fathers, brother, son or dad has died and not knowing if its your or not.

Worse than if they knew, must be the longest last few hours of their life, and still no sooner to removing the body.

I am pretty optimistic for the remaining the water blockage seems to be lower than where they would have been in the mine, so hopefully they have air and as safe a place to wait, as possible.

Sospian Fach

May no more of our fathers die underground, enough already in our history.

Kind Regards,

Elf



Not being funny or anything, but why do you mention sospan fach?.....little saucepan for those who do not speak Welsh.
Rainbows
Jane



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel
 


Oh it was an old saying my grandfather used to say, in south wales, thought it was well known, when talking about 3 types of men going to work, the Sailors, Miners and the steel workers as they all walked to shift after breakfast the neighbours used to as well to the men.

It sort of means the only saucepan you will see is your next breakfast, and a little one ie you are not going out from "the saucepan into the fire".

Very prevelant from well before my parents were born in industrial areas of Cardiff Docks, Splott and my other side in the next valley to this one closer to ponty pit, as the lads walked to the shaft by their wives.

Sure youve heard it said or someone has, if they remember the lads going down the pits, or walking to steel works or docks.

Kind Regards,

Elf



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
reply to post by angelchemuel
 


Oh it was an old saying my grandfather used to say, in south wales, thought it was well known, when talking about 3 types of men going to work, the Sailors, Miners and the steel workers as they all walked to shift after breakfast the neighbours used to as well to the men.

It sort of means the only saucepan you will see is your next breakfast, and a little one ie you are not going out from "the saucepan into the fire".

Very prevelant from well before my parents were born in industrial areas of Cardiff Docks, Splott and my other side in the next valley to this one closer to ponty pit, as the lads walked to the shaft by their wives.

Sure youve heard it said or someone has, if they remember the lads going down the pits, or walking to steel works or docks.

Kind Regards,

Elf


Sospan Fach is a song my mom used to sing to me as a kid lol..



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Ahhh, thanks for that.
Talking of songs, here is one writen about mining by a lad I used to go to school with. I know it's North Wales, and we don't have much mining up here barring Parys Mountain on Anglesey and the world renown Llechwedd slate quarries.
Enjoy
www.youtube.com...

My favourite is the Lifeboat song he wrote, you'll find that on YouTube too.
Can't find any latest updates on the situation down there in Ponty.
Rainbows
Jane



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Well unfortunatly its been raining here for the last two hours, which is not good, it seem to be drying up now. I was talking to my Dad earlier about mining disasters that had happened in South Wales and that he told me he was a digger at the Aberfan disaster, heres a link for those interested, its very sad.
www.nuff.ox.ac.uk...



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
oh dear just heard 2 miners found dead now ..... very sad



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
BBC News 24 Live

The Fire Chief has just released that a second miner has been found dead, and again, they are unable to identify the man yet.

4 Families waiting, they have no idea which ones it is.

This is heartbreaking for them.



A Sad day for wales and all miners.

Elf



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by welshbeliever
 


Wishes these miners the best luck in getting out of there and prayers for the family of the sent. A few years ago some miners were trapped here and they had to dig a hole to free them from above the mines strait down. I always felt these holes should be pre dug while the mines are being excavated just in case.
edit on 9/16/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife
 


A member of my family was managing the first "Italian" restaurant in wales at the time of aberfan.

The owners and all the staff closed up and went up in the works minibus with hot food, drinks and such like to feed the rescue workers.

My grandfather followed up, many men from the local area did, ones who had cars filled them up with people they were digging with their hands, for a few hours until enough rescue workers got on site and the dangers they were sent away.

They never really got over it, always upset when had to go near, or when on TV or news even decades later. it was one of the worst disasters ever as all the children lost, a school being buried.

I so hope they find they remaining two miners, in this current disaster.

Say a prayer for them and their family if you can.

Love

Elf



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf
 


This is so heartbreaking.

My thoughts go out to the families affected by this.

I only can hope that they find the other two alive. The way things are going, I fear the worst.



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
In respect to those found may they taste now & forever more the




RIP

Elf



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf
 


I just lit a candle for the miners and their families.

I hold miners dear to my heart, most of my mom's family worked in mines at some point or another. Miners are brave men.

Thoughts to those effected!

OiO



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
reply to post by thedoctorswife
 


A member of my family was managing the first "Italian" restaurant in wales at the time of aberfan.

The owners and all the staff closed up and went up in the works minibus with hot food, drinks and such like to feed the rescue workers.

My grandfather followed up, many men from the local area did, ones who had cars filled them up with people they were digging with their hands, for a few hours until enough rescue workers got on site and the dangers they were sent away.

They never really got over it, always upset when had to go near, or when on TV or news even decades later. it was one of the worst disasters ever as all the children lost, a school being buried.

I so hope they find they remaining two miners, in this current disaster.

Say a prayer for them and their family if you can.

Love

Elf

yes, from what my Dad told me, there was a massive sense of community and pulling together and people coming from all over the Neath and Swansea valley to help out. The hillside is covered in the graves of the children and adults who died, its a very sad sight. And todays a very sad today and the grief is compounded by them not being able to find the other two men.



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
A third body has been found, if the last man is found alive this will be a miracle.
c'mon God, just give us this one.
edit on 16-9-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
BBC News 24

Third Miner Found Dead



Lets hope as you say DW a Miracle does come from this.

The BBC saying that one of the families has been informed.

Elf
edit on 16-9-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a third miner has been found dead now ..... my heart goes out to all families .... god bless you all!



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Hiraeth



Hiraeth mawr a hiraeth creulon
Hiraeth sydd yn torri ‘nghalon
Pan fwyf dryma’r nos yn cysgu
Fe ddaw hiraeth ac a’m deffry

For all those who have lost their loved ones to this tragedy.
Rainbows
Jane



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
So sad, I hope they find the last miner alive , what an awful situation to be in for the families and the miners that survived.



new topics

top topics



 
18
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join