It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'I'd like to work my way around Congress'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com...

This is just what I want a president to say......

"As I mentioned when I was at La Raza a few weeks back, I wish I had a magic wand and could make this all happen on my own," Obama told a meeting of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. "There are times where -- until Nancy Pelosi is speaker again -- I'd like to work my way around Congress."

What the Devil... this is his agenda outright undermine and circumvent our constitution in every way possible...he just can't seem to make his dream come true... Awwww

This is the second time in recent months that Obama has publicly mused about going around Congress to enact immigration reform. In that speech to La Raza in July, he said that "some people want me to bypass Congress and change the laws on my own" -- a prospect Obama said he found "very tempting." But the president quickly added, "that's not how our system works."

In another earlier public schmooz-in Obama went as far as pleading for the undyng admiration to come back...in a sense

“If you love me, you’ve got to help me pass this bill!”

Where are when we can listen to someone tell us that they want to tear down the due process and lawmaking (not that "They" adhere to it) that our country is built, and stand up and cheer...screaming "yes, yes we want more of that, tell us how to live!"

I for one am frightened for our countries future if this will be the kind of politics... sans direct dictatorship that our leaders want to come into being.

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I hear you and I agree with you. Those of us who are more vocal seem to bear the brunt of criticism but I think that we are willing to bear it because we still believe that our Constitution is the best thing going and that it needs to be defended. Thanks for your thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
i will tell you whats more frightening

is they cheered that stupidity

they absolutely want a dictatorship next time the lefties call the righties fascist

link them this thread

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

It reminds me of the rumored statement by George W. Bush describing the Constitution as a "God damned piece of paper."

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

This guys a total creep.. He spoke to La Raza and admitted to wanting to bypass the Constitution on purpose because he can't get what he wants. Two perfectly good reasons to despise him.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
It's probably more due to the fact that the Republican party won't actually let him accomplish anything because they're a bunch of cry baby bigots, but I digress, Obama haters will hate Obama, for any reason or no reason at all.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer
It's probably more due to the fact that the Republican party won't actually let him accomplish anything because they're a bunch of cry baby bigots, but I digress, Obama haters will hate Obama, for any reason or no reason at all.

This isnt Obama hate it is plain as day subversion, why turn it into that if you are an american and love your "Freedoms" as they are you have to see this for what it is. come on man...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

This guys a total creep.. He spoke to La Raza and admitted to wanting to bypass the Constitution on purpose because he can't get what he wants. Two perfectly good reasons to despise him.

If you think there's ever been a President who secretly (or otherwise) wanted to ignore Congress and just do things his own way - you're not paying enough attention.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Wanting to destroy America is a good enough reason to dislike him.

And just because I know I have say it for people like you, I couldn't stand Bush...Yes I live outside of your left/right bubble.

It doesn't matter if congress won't let him do anything, that is how a Republic works, I wish Congress would stop following the orders of any President and start thinking for themselves. And executive orders are garbage no matter who writes them! All I want from a President is somebody that will either sign a Bill or Veto it, then get the heck out of the way.
edit on 16-9-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

People like me? Please do clarify this because you seem to be assuming quite a bit about me without actually having any information on who I am or what I believe. Honestly there hasn't been a politician in my lifetime that I have even remotely agreed with, I was simply trying to point out that the current series of checks and balances is playing out poorly for everyone. And as far as congress blindly following orders of the president, I haven't the slightest clue as to what countries politics you've been paying attention to but it surely isn't the United States.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Simply pointing out whats going on while everyone seemingly turns a blind eye. I am by no means a fan of the man but he is far from the worst president we have ever had.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Don't like Obama... But can't really blaming for wanting that. It seems to be the only way that anything will get done, good bad or otherwise...

Wouldn't it be nice? Just to ignore the idiots bickering in Washington and not doing anything?

Oh well.... I can always dream

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

People like me? Please do clarify this because you seem to be assuming quite a bit about me without actually having any information on who I am or what I believe. Honestly there hasn't been a politician in my lifetime that I have even remotely agreed with, I was simply trying to point out that the current series of checks and balances is playing out poorly for everyone. And as far as congress blindly following orders of the president, I haven't the slightest clue as to what countries politics you've been paying attention to but it surely isn't the United States.

A person that thinks their side is right and the other side is wrong, just because it is your side. Hence, as you said, those 'Republicans are bigots' What makes them bigots I might ask, because they disagree with your side or because your favorite politician is of a certain skin color? Yes I am very sure that if I had something about Obama, in your mind I would have been a Bigot for siding with the Republicans, when in fact I do not side with them, I dislike Obama because he deserves to be disliked. Yes, Congress goes along with the President and doesn't think for themselves, where have you been, I live in America, where congress never grows a pair to tell the President that Executive Orders are Unconstitutional.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Did you read my post? You must have because you replied in length. Remember that part about me not liking any politician in my lifetime, well, he just happens to be a politician in my lifetime.
I called them bigots because of the recent 'tar baby' incident, generalization, I admit, but carries a shred of truth.
The only reason I would call you a bigot would be for making a racist comment, so, you can be sure all you want, doesn't make you right. Now, go ahead and name a mainstream politician in recent memory that does not deserve to be disliked, go ahead, I'll be waiting. Still, that whole bit about congress blindly following the president is just about as wrong as you could get yet, even if I could find a mile long page that proves this, I highly doubt it would change your mind, seeing as facts rarely change anyone's opinion. Just for clarification sake, I do not have proof of this, but it wouldn't matter anyways, now would it?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

It reminds me of the rumored statement by George W. Bush describing the Constitution as a "God damned piece of paper."

it is a goddamn piece of paper.

Lobbyist dollars are worth more than that old, worthless document that the corrupt US Government pretends to protect and abide by.

Congress is worthless, and Obama is an easily bribed piece of garbage. Jail them all.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

probably more due to the fact that the Republican party won't actually let him accomplish anything because they're a bunch of cry baby bigots, but I digress, Obama haters will hate Obama, for any reason or no reason at all.

That really says it all man, I agree there hasn't been any good politicians in my lifetime, but your the one that implied that Republicans are bigots because they disagree with Obama. It's nice to see you backtracking now, but it is what you said. I'm sure you couldn't be prejudice against an entire group of people over the conduct of one or two people, right? And every time a President shares the majority of congress with his "side" Congress bends to the will of the President. Congress is suppose to make the decisions but that is not the way it goes in reality. And no congress stops Presidents from writing Executive Orders, they might as well bend over for the Executive branch.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I feel for him, I really do....
I'd like to work my way around the tax code too!!
and avoid paying a penny into their fund for stupidity!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by userid1

Yeah, but they generally don't do it in front of cheering crowds of illegal aliens and groups openly calling for the downfall of this country.

edit on 16-9-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Says he can't, but it happens anyway, to an extent.

He mentions how the D.H.S. has some "common sense" approach to enforcing immigration policy, yet the day before in congress, Janet Napolitano tells Mccain how they haven't been able to find time in several months to even brief anyone on some comprehensive plan to secure the south-west border.

Imagine that, yet our military can be in Libya in under a week bombing the snot out of people with pinpoint precision.

The investigation into Fast and Furious, has become slow and frustrating as the D.O.J. investigates itself, and anyone with answers for the American public seems nowhere to be found.

It's nothing but a big circle-jerk and completely out of control.

As Carville suggested yesterday, he better panic, because folks are starting to see through his crap.

Pandering for the hispanic vote, using your tax dollars to campaign in swing states, trying to secure the wrapping paper for the unions in the form of a jobs bill, wanting to tax the soup kitchens so your nanny state can cater to the "preferred" poor. He's a joke. He needs to go.

Do I seem upset? I rarely am, but today just a little.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
He has already gone around Congress 94 times (so far) in his presidency. That's what executive orders were created for. He's used by far the lowest number of them, though since FDR (the most egregious offender).

Executive Orders Disposition Tables Index.

The above takes to you a list of EOs signed by presidents from FDR to Obama. Here are in raw numbers:

Obama 95
GW Bush 290
Clinton 363
G. Bush 165
Reagan 380
Carter 319
Ford 168
Nixon 345
Johnson 323
Kennedy 213
Eisenhower 481
Truman 893
FD Roosevelt 3,466

None of this should be read as my support of Obama's comments. I find it particularly slimy the way he intimates that there are ways around enforcing laws. He can, and needs to be, replaced.

/TOA

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join