It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That was no METEOR southwest! SATELLITE shot down by MISSILE? By who though?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

The OP talks about what he thinks it is and shows unrelated videos which bear no resemblance to the video of the meteor. The OP never once stated why it could not have been a meteor.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I have found what it was!!!

Haha just kidding had to throw this in!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shaolin_dragon

I`m thinking you might have confused the Falcon with the X-37B perhaps.

Thread on ATS below
Air Force's Falcon Hypersonic Glider disappears,

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Not only that, but the contrail if it were a missile, would stop long before any explosion, as the sate is in the vacuum of space, in orbit, where there is no atmosphere. No atmosphere = no exhaust trail.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I saw it that night, and I am going with it being a big meteorite. I was going North on Val Vista turning West onto US 60 in Mesa. My brother said "Check that out!" I looked and it lit up and fizzled out. I saw the same thing in the sky about 13 years ago while camping in Prescott, Az. Within 15 minutes it was on abc 15 news' facebook page. The next day it asked could it have been a meteor or something unknown? I couldn't tell if it was meant to be a joke or not.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc
I saw it that night, and I am going with it being a big meteorite. I was going North on Val Vista turning West onto US 60 in Mesa. My brother said "Check that out!" I looked and it lit up and fizzled out. I saw the same thing in the sky about 13 years ago while camping in Prescott, Az. Within 15 minutes it was on abc 15 news' facebook page. The next day it asked could it have been a meteor or something unknown? I couldn't tell if it was meant to be a joke or not.

Facebook was not around 13 years ago.

Don't disrespect this subject!

That whole statement is a joke.
edit on 16-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I was going North on Val Vista turning West onto US 60 in Mesa. My brother said "Check that out!" I looked and it lit up and fizzled out. I saw the same thing in the sky about 13 years ago while camping in Prescott, Az.
Of course Face Book was not around then. I never said it was. I apologize if I had poor grammar or punctuation or I do not write too well. What I meant was that I saw the recent one in Mesa, Az and the one I saw 13 years ago was in Prescott, Az. Both had similar characteristics. I am no Rocket Surgeon by any means, but my gut says meteorite. Sorry for any disrespect to the OP. I really do hope it was just a meteorite, because anything else either Man or Alien made would probably be bad news.

edit on 9/18/1111 by 1MrMarc because: oops

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by 1MrMarc

Facebook was not around 13 years ago.

Don't disrespect this subject!

That whole statement is a joke.
edit on 16-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

no need to be harsh when it is obvious he had jumbled his sentences up. Noone would be dumb enough to claim Facebook was around that long ago.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by longtermproject

Thank you for that. I know I may not be the brightest knife in the shed when writing sometimes. And I have to add that your signature is awesome. I said something like that to an old science teacher once and he really got P'd. Off. I asked if the speed of dark has ever been measured and started a little debate just to be a jerk. I was also out of Ritalin that day.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join