It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That was no METEOR southwest! SATELLITE shot down by MISSILE? By who though?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by ThePawnsTheory

I understood your wording.
I didn't accuse you of anything.

reply to post by popsmayhem

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Watch the videos, there is an object that is seen going up,
then 30-40 min. something falls from the sky.

I did watch the videos, and I highly doubt the videos show the actual event. Even then, it looks NOTHING like a rocket/missile. So your theory is dead.

Also, where are you getting this 30-40 minute info?

How do you know some of the people who saw the second event
just missed the first one?

You are claiming the "first event" is a missile/rocket. Sorry, you can't miss a missile/rocket, the exhaust from it would reach high enough to be illuminated by sunlight, and it would be a glow in the dark trail in a night sky for several minutes...

Or the guy as you say is making it all up. For what reason would this guy (with a news crew also following it)
See two different events lasting 40 min.?!

I didn't say he is making it up, but maybe he is wrong. Maybe there are multiple things that happened in the sky in different places and people are just mixing them all into one creating this odd conspiracy around it.

All I know is that it was NOT a rocket, nor a satellite.

Ok, the op is just stating the theory.
OP does not believe this was a meteor.
Your explanations were well read.
In the video, people watched the two events as they happened..
They were 30-40 min. apart.
The so called *meteor* is seen going up. (it is in the video)
THEN 30-40 MIN. there is a weird object coming down.
edit on 16-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I will settle this argument now it was the Greys and the Pleadiens at war in space over our planet and one of the Greys space ships was shot outta space that's why the military and police cordoned off the area
it so obvious

And you guys know this is the only answer some will accept denied ignorance

sarcasm over
edit on 16-9-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePawnsTheory
and that they had shut down the road where it landed and some had reported that it continued to glow from hat area for a bit.

...and where is your evidence that this is true? A Twitter post? A YouTube comment? A comment on a blog?

I have evidence that people make up stupid stories when things like this happen. Where is your evidence it actually happened?

Many witnesses claim the object burnt out before it even reached the ground, and there is a supposed video of the event showing that... but you are saying it hit the ground and was glowing, and they shut down roads... I think that might not be true, it might be a rumor.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePawnsTheory
and that they had shut down the road where it landed and some had reported that it continued to glow from hat area for a bit.

...and where is your evidence that this is true? A Twitter post? A YouTube comment? A comment on a blog?

I have evidence that people make up stupid stories when things like this happen. Where is your evidence it actually happened?

Many witnesses claim the object burnt out before it even reached the ground, and there is a supposed video of the event showing that... but you are saying it hit the ground and was glowing, and they shut down roads... I think that might not be true, it might be a rumor.

Then what did they see in the first event?
In that video, how can you explain what the first object was.
when the *meteor* you claim fell 40 min. LATER!!

Same spot same people same news crews following it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

You have to admit its plausible a missile was shot up maybe not from the same area it was seen coming down maybe from the south pacific from a sub who knows and also the missile could have only hit a solar wing causing it to come back to earth mostly whole burning up in the atmosphere on the way down. not saying this happened as of right now there is not alot of evidence for this theory but not totally unheard of either.

This is a conspiracy site so that's all it is at this point "A possible conspiracy",

most likely a meteor.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I do know that there were two events within thirty to forty-five minutes within each other, a lot of people so one or both of the occurrences, and that they had shut down the road where it landed and some had reported that it continued to glow from that area for a bit

Again. My wording says I know some people had reported it to be glowing. As for the road closings, yes, that was based off social media from people unassociated with one another in the vicinity. I understand that people lie, but I don't see that many people making it up that close to each other. I could, of course, be proven wrong and will accept that. I really don't think we will know if the road was closed for sure, especially if it was something they were trying to cover up, if that is the case.

..and please refrain from being so condescending. I want nothing more than a healthy discussion here. I respect your opinion as much as mine. Hard to get on ATS, I'm aware. "If your mind isn't changing you're not learning' is something I tend to live by. If we all got along and believed the same things we all would have little to no purpose here or would all be in harmony.
edit on 16-9-2011 by ThePawnsTheory because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2011 by ThePawnsTheory because: misswording

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975

You have to admit its plausible a missile was shot up maybe not from the same area it was seen coming down maybe from the south pacific from a sub who knows and also the missile could have only hit a solar wing causing it to come back to earth mostly whole burning up in the atmosphere on the way down. not saying this happened as of right now there is not alot of evidence for this theory but not total unheard of either.

This is a conspiracy site so that's all it is at this point "A possible conspiracy",

Or it could of been a chinese rocket shot up intending to shoot down a satellite,
intersected by an american missile,
and that is what was seen coming down.
Which would help make up the 30-40 min delay.
Only brushing part of the satellite, causing
it not to disintegrate fully and the huge ball of fire
people saw.

I think there is a lead with what your saying to be true.
I have not had held the belief of extraterrestials visiting the earth.
These two seperate event are so odd, I may be leaning toward a thought of.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
What I like most about this thread is the OP is thinking outside of the box he may be way off the mark but he did in my opinion bring up a plausable consiracy that deserves some real evidence checking. Allthough the msm will never follow up most likely. They would rather investigate what color Brittney Spears pantys are while getting out of a car drunk

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Then what did they see in the first event?

I don't know I didn't see it, and neither did you.

In that video, how can you explain what the first object was.

I don't know the video could be taken completely out of context. It is too blurry and too small, and not even nearly bright enough to be a rocket, or a meteor. I bet it's completely unrelated to the event and just shown on the media without even being confirmed, they do it all the time. It's probably a bug being illumited by light, or an RC aircraft with lights, or something.. who knows, the video completely sucks.

when the *meteor* you claim fell 40 min. LATER!!

You, one random guy, and one random news crew are the only ones making the claim that something happened 40 minutes before the meteor. Everyone else is talking about the meteor, not some small object that can hardly be seen in the video.

Trust me, if a rocket launched over my house I would have seen it. There was no missile.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Ok now you are just grasping at straws...

Have fun with your wrecked theory. I'm out of here.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Ok now you are just grasping at straws...

Have fun with your wrecked theory. I'm out of here.

Thank you for the perspectives given.
Hopefully someone else has a few of there
own theories. Maybe the people were witnessing
a REAL ufo in the first event and a meteor in the second.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Did you ever think that the thing going up was the same thing coming down?

Why would you want to consider that? Well, because shooting "down" a satellite is really not quite possible or maybe we should say, as easy as it sounds.

You may destroy one in orbit with a missile, but the pieces will mostly stay in a variety of slightly altered orbits. The won't just fall out of the sky as would an aircraft hit with a missile.

The only alternative I see for you is to reason that IF something was shot down, it was not in orbit. You could roughly figure out the supposed altitude of that possible event by computing the time it took the thing to fall from the apparent time it was hit. Meaning, of course, that it fell according to the speed of gravitational acceleration from a particular height.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This is something to think about, but some pieces of research satellites are supposed to be coming back down to Earth... and by coming back down, I mean crashing.

Shortly before its 2005 decommissioning, UARS made one final engine burn designed to gradually lower its orbit, and after spiraling down for the last six years (and narrowly missing the ISS on the way), the satellite will be reentering the atmosphere. Like, soon. Probably. ...NASA is tracking UARS very closely, though, and they should know four or five days ahead of time about when it's going to come down. At that point, they should be able to estimate a 500 mile swath in which the 1,170 pounds (ish) of surviving debris will land. Right now, all they know is that it could be anywhere between 57 degrees north and 57 degrees south of the equator, which covers basically the entire populated planet with the exception of Scandinavia and Sibera.

Source

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

loooooooool
man do I agree

I'm so sick of reading ridiculous fairy tales that people like to call "theories" that were made up in their head with NO proof or evidence of the fact.

WHAT IF GODZILLA FELL FROM THE SKY AND CHINA SHOT IT DOWN?

It's just ridiculous.... you can say WHAT IF anything.
It is not a theory if you make things up out of thin air. That;s just called having an imagination.
edit on 9/16/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/16/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The "thing" in the video is way too slow to be a missile or a meteor. Seriously people, just because Phage debunks it doesn't mean he's always right.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I don't know what that is, but to me it looks like something shot from the earth and when it passes in the ozone, the contrail starts to dissipate differently. It does not look like a comet, it's clearly a man made contrail.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Just like this was a *plane contrail*? When we know it was a missle, as admitted at first by the navy then retracted.

So because phage said it you just automatically believe it? I respect Phage, but he is not always right.

Get over Phage. I swear it's like Phage has brainwashed you all and you do what Phage says. What are you? In a cult or something? Like he's a god complex. Phage is not always right.

I agree, why do people always agree with him almost instantly? From what I've seen he's a very smart guy but that doesn't mean you have to instantly believe what he has to say.

Seriously people, just because Phage debunks it doesn't mean he's always right.

do you know how insanely silly you all look considering the only thing Phage posted in this thread was this:

What makes you think it was not a meteor? It seems that it behaved exactly like a meteor.

Now lets break that down.

What makes you think it was not a meteor?

Asking the OP what makes HIM think it's not a meteor, no debunking or anything there.

It seems that it behaved exactly like a meteor.

Stating it appears to have behaved exactly like a meteor, which it did. Again no debunking or anything of the sort.

So guys, what are you here for, to whine when Phage is right? Or to actually get to the bottom of this. Because it appears some of you are merely here to jump on the "hate on Phage" bandwagon. what's wrong, did he debunk a theory of yours in another thread, backing it up with facts and irrefutable proof, as he usually does?

Get over it.

If you want to whine when he debunks you, at least let him debunk you first. what a pathetic waste, including this post.

Looks like a meteor to me, not enough people reported seeing this other event to be believable, and nothing in that says "missile" to me at all.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this whole thing since I'd read the story and saw this thread and something occurred to me. Whether this was a missile shot in So. Cal or not remains to be seen. Can someone locate a satellite track that suddenly has no satellite on it anymore?

Personally, with everything going on in the world, I'd first check tracks for every military satellite tied to a middle eastern nation. Israel launched a spy sat a few years ago...is it still running around it's orbit where it's supposed to be?

The thing that made me wonder though are the descriptions here of why this couldn't be a satellite and it got me to thinking...wouldn't they have considered and designed for that little issue? I mean in having Anti-Satellite Missiles, there must be plans to use them on a LARGE scale, at least in a scenario drawer somewhere. So..in doing that, they'd make Low Earth Orbit almost impossible to use for our OWN purposes after any such war.

...Unless of course, they thought of that and designed some of the Sat-Killer missiles to blow a satellite DOWN toward Earth's gravity to simply let nature take it's course. Wouldn't that make more sense than turning a few dozen satellites into millions of dangerous projectiles if the weapons were used for real?

I don't think an argument that a object coming down into the atmosphere largely intact PROVES it couldn't have been deliberately knocked out of orbit. We (The public) have no idea what weapons are actually in the inventory for anti-satellite warfare and so how would we know this isn't exactly what it looks like when a variant design is used vs. the last shot the public knew about in advance?
edit on 16-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Funny how my last post that pretty much destroys the OP's claims gets no stars, but bickering comments about Phage gets stars....
R.I.P. ATS.

Exactly... your post practically smashed his theory. The news article cleary states he left the shutter open to capture the streak.....solved...not a missle.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Looks like a meteor to me

I hope you are not talking about the first video in OP's post.

This looks nothing like a meteor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join