It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking:Another Earthquake Rumbling off Vancouver Island Second One In a Week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
link to source

An earthquake struck off the west side of Vancouver Island early Thursday morning, the second temblor to hit the area in less than a week.

Ok This isnt Normal ok take your bets either comet elenin causing this or something else.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Possibly.

Another theory is that because all of the other 'corners' have moved, the states are next to go. Remember the Japan quake was preceded by a magnitude 7.1 before it's big 9.

There is no use in trying to figure it out and when it's going to occur, your best use of energy would be getting a supply kit and plans in place. If you aren't in the area and have no family or friends there then relax i suppose.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

edit on 16-9-2011 by GreenFurnNW because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

There is no use in trying to figure it out and when it's going to occur, your best use of energy would be getting a supply kit and plans in place. If you aren't in the area and have no family or friends there then relax i suppose.

I wish I could give you applause for that...

Those words are golden in my book...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Christchurch New Zealand buddy.

Had three large quakes in the last year, so it's paramount now.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Oh but it is normal and a lot of people will be in this thread to tell you that it is because they are all experts in this field.

/end sarcasm

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Semoro

I live in Christchurch, and I can assure you that what we are experiencing is beyond normal. Almost 13months after the initial quake (which occured on an unknown fault line) we are still getting big quakes (the last being a 4.5M 2days ago) (we have had over 10,000 shakes of mag2.5 or greater in that time).

All I can reiterate is be prepared for anything anytime!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DaemusAlphae

Well...it is technically normal. The whole earths crust rests on molten lava and it is bound to move, I mean, how do you think we have these monstrous mountains kilometers high? Or how have the continents separated?

What is the real story is, we base these theories on millions and millions of years, when we could have big movements quite quickly followed by small ones for eons afterwards.

But, after all, it's all mother nature, and there is nothing more natural than nature.

Pred...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
It's an aftershock.. '

.. to be expected after a large event. There have been quite a few.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Ah common sense is still prevalent... yes I was trolling...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Laviver26

I wondered what people in Christchurch thought about all of the earthquakes, as I saw the video of one year later somewhere. It made me realize what would happen to the metro area that I live near, if there was a large quake. Hope the shaking stops soon, as a year of living with almost constant earthquakes could be stressful, at least it would be to me.

The Pacific NW coast does seem to be active, and hopefully this will not continue.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PacificBlue

I wondered what people in Christchurch thought about all of the earthquakes, as I saw the video of one year later somewhere. It made me realize what would happen to the metro area that I live near, if there was a large quake. Hope the shaking stops soon, as a year of living with almost constant earthquakes could be stressful, at least it would be to me.

The Pacific NW coast does seem to be active, and hopefully this will not continue.

You'll be amazed at what you can tolerate. A year ago we thought this would all be over now, that things would be back to normal.. how wrong we were.

But it's been a lot quieter lately, so hopefully the aftershock sequence is finally diminishing.. we we'll just have to wait and see. We don't call our country the "Shaky Isles" for nothing

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I live in Christchurch too buddy. That's my source of information. Personal experience.

new topics

top topics

join