It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Survival Kit. Yes or no?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Hey ATS,

I've been thinking about putting together a survival kit for my family. Including things like: Gas masks, protective clothing, boots, gloves, etc. Mainly things that would be used for survival during a nuclear/bio hazard.
What are your thoughts on this? Do you think it is a good idea? What things do you think I should include?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well... It's not a bad idea... But... You might want to get prepared for something more likely than nuclear issues.

Stock up on batteries,flashlights, candles, canned goods, water etc...

It is good to be prepared for emergencies, so I can't imagine anyone saying no.
edit on 16-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jsncrs

If you gave us a location of where you live, we can help you a heck of a lot more.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jsncrs

Remember, NBC suits have a short life when in use and need to be changed when they get wet. The filters are the same, plus, the filter life varies according to the hazard you are in contact with. Additionally, if you think you are going to be in a comtaminated area, set up a decontam area along with showers and plenty of fullers earth.
edit on 16/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsncrs
Hey ATS,

I've been thinking about putting together a survival kit for my family. Including things like: Gas masks, protective clothing, boots, gloves, etc. Mainly things that would be used for survival during a nuclear/bio hazard.
What are your thoughts on this? Do you think it is a good idea? What things do you think I should include?

for kids the Gas masks deal would just be frighting and unreasonable for them to wear for any length of time...
your time and money would be better spent on creating a safe room... one you can seal with plastic and duct tape.... put lots and lots of good green plants in there too... in your scenario working on a safe room where the whole family can gather and support each other... Is a family project you can all do together and should practice, as a family unit

new topics

top topics

join