It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God ugly by modern standards?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
"Now, in 2008, Robert Villarreal and a team of scientists at the Los Alamos National Laboratory have demonstrated conclusively that the carbon dating is invalid. Villarreal states:

T]he age-dating process failed to recognize one of the first rules of analytical chemistry that any sample taken for characterization of an area or population must necessarily be representative of the whole. The part must be representative of the whole. Our analyses of the three thread samples taken from the Raes and C-14 sampling corner showed that this was not the case.

Along with those findings, other information came to light that demonstrated that the radiocarbon dating of the Shroud of Turin may have been the biggest carbon 14 dating mistake ever made."
www.factsplusfacts.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Thats interesting, I will take a look at their research. This response from someone in the forum from your link sums up pretty much how i feel about it though, sorry for being lazy

Who cares? Even if it is proven that the shroud dates to c.33AD, what does that prove? Absolutely nothing! It simply proves that you have a 2000-year-old burial shroud. Historically interesting, yes, and relatively unique, but the connection between this cloth and Jesus Christ is stretching the imagination so far as to be ridiculous. Only the faithful will believe it anyway, and those people who need their faith to be bolstered by something as trivial as this need to question why they believe in the first place. The altars of Catholic Europe are full of the interred bones of saints who, if their existence is to be believed, must have had 7 legs and 97 ribs.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Only your sinful mind and soulless heart could think of such a thing.

You’re saying your Jesus doesn’t have a gaping fanged mouth where his crotch should be?

You obviously don't know the relevance of a lion and Jesus

When Judah’s lion burst his chains
And crushed the Serpent’s head
And brought with Him from Death’s domains
The long-imprisoned dead

We used to sing that in my school choir every Easter Sunday.

I’m familiar with the identification of Jesus with a lion in some Biblical and esoteric texts. That does not explain why, when superimposing a picture of what is supposed to be Jesus onto a picture of a lion’s head, you arranged the two so that the fanged mouth fell where it did. What has that to do with ‘the relevance of a lion and Jesus’? It’s just obscene. :shk:

i don't supposed you've ever read a book let alone the bible.

I’m sure you’ve read lots of books, haven’t you, Mr. ‘Don’t Supposed’?

As for it being hideous i would have to disagree.

De gustibus non est disputandum. What would you make of Robert Rauschenberg, I wonder.

Your just jealous you can't put up a better avatar because you don't know how.

I get paid in Swiss francs to keep this one up

edit on 16/9/11 by Astyanax because: The Dear Leader insisted.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Imagine evolution is a lie for a few seconds, imagine you are brainwashed in to thinking we are the peek of humanity. Modern man is the evolution pinnacle? No way.
Now understand the science of entropy and the suggestion that humanity isnt evolving, in fact de evolving, that after all the genetic mutations we are subject to, disease, pollution's, UV , chemicals man is now at the end of the entropic cycle.
We are weaker and stupider and far less adaptable than when we were created in Gods initial image.
Then you could even consider Gods image could refer to the Trinity, that like God, we were created by him to be communal and loving.

Just quickly on the shroud of Turin. What a stupid joke played on mankind by the Roman church. An idol made by man for others to worship. If the average Christian cant see what is wrong with the Shroud then they should go read the bible, and read it till they can see why its a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sed Non Credo

I don't think dinosaurs were ugly,

Maybe we are talking about things of the spirit not necessarily the flesh, but I imagine the Biblical writers made a distinction between man and animals, unlike now, we are just educated apes?

edit on 063030p://bFriday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I don't think dinosaurs were ugly,

Maybe we are talking about things of the spirit not necessarily the flesh, but I imagine the Biblical writers made a distinction between man and animals, unlike now, we are just educated apes?

edit on 063030p://bFriday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

I'm not entirely sure I'd claim to be any more or less an ape, let alone an educated ape. Also, the biblical text states image, I would conclude that to mean a likeness in looks as I've never heard the term 'image' to describe anything but.

Yes, times have changed. I guess if we were to sympathize with Christianity we could as they do manipulate the wording of every individual sentence to suit our times and needs. I guess either of us could be correct given our individual understanding of the phrase 'made in gods image.'

As for the poster before last, I'm not even going to bother responding to that in detail. Firstly you've put the question in a different context, and following that line of thought I expect it'd require a lot of research to disprove your idea whilst you'll still cling onto small sections of our evolution - not the whole picture.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I dont cling to any evolution, as clearly stated I rely on science and the law of entropy.
Image? You want to stand on the word image, you know the Bible was written in another language and was translated in to English.

I find it funny how people like you cant be bothered researching, though are happy to form an opinion based on an acceptance of complete ignorance.
That is called "gullible" to suggestion.
I cant be bothered arguing evolution with evolutionist, because for the most they dont know what they believe.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

When Bible says "made in the image of God", it is not necessary to take that in a literal sense. It could be taken as similar in qualities.

Can your describe the qualities (and charaterstics) of the God you believe in, and then we can have a meaningful discussion.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I don't believe that we have changed that much. I think that we still physically look similar to god (some of us may be a little bit larger than god and have more chins). It's not just physical similarites that god was refering to either. We are spiritually similar to god. We can tell the difference between good and evil just like god. We can create things... We are creative beings. We can't create life the same way that god did but hasn't our technology come so far?

I think that we have far more in common with god that you realise... Perhaps your perception of who god is and what he stood for needs some "tweaking".

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Just something that I was taught some years ago. Most folks who believe there is a God have different teachings on this matter so I guess it amounts to what an individual is taught. I was taught that there are two parts to a human which is an image and a likeness. At least that's what the Genesis account teaches. The image is the shadow of the Creator or house of flesh and the likeness is the spirit or soul of a human. So Moses taught that we are made in this image of the Creator and His likeness which are the two portions of God. God's image would be his Word which became Jesus to our understanding and then returned as his image in the celestial realm as the Word. So in effect the Word is the image of God while His likeness is Spirit God Himself as spirit. I was taught that just as I have two parts which is body (image of God) and soul (likeness of God), God also has two portions which are His Word (Image) and Spirit (likeness). There are terrestrial and celestial images of people but only celestial likeness of an individual.

As far as being ugly is concerned, it is all by choice. In other words if a culture decides to pervert the flesh with booze and dope and unhealthy life styles then this is passed on to their descendants in whatsoever lifestyles they choose. God did not make them ugly, they made themselves ugly by choice. Adam and Eve were believed to be beautiful creatures but their descendants perverted the creation with wars and filthy lifestyles. Regardless
of this perversion we still bear the image (body) and likeness (spirit) of the Creator.

Seede

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

You wanted to know the qualities and character of God. That is very difficult to explain in a brief but will try to answer your question. God is celestial and we are a terrestrial body with a celestial spirit. No terrestrial creation can enter the celestial realm without their substance being change to celestial. No one really can truly understand what celestial is without knowing what spirit is. God is Spirit or Celestial and engulfs everything both visible and invisible. He has no beginning or end such as we understand. According to the mystical books of the Hebrews, God created a void within Himself which we call the universe and within this void God then created this world. He then made a northern shaft of entry which His primeval light speared through the creation such as an arrow would pierce a target. This light was the creation light which was called day for the first three days of creation or until the sun was placed into our heaven. As the sun was then placed for the world, the primeval light was reduced seven fold and the north was left undone.

I say this only to show you the magnitude of the Creator. We humans marvel at the great universe and all of its glory without realizing that this is but a thought of this God of ours. I showed this small bit because we must have something to compare this with. We can't even understand the universe much less the celestial realm outside of this universe. That is how I picture the Creator. The Creator is actually unknowable except through the Word which became Jesus in the flesh for our understanding. So actually the character of God is taught to us through the manifestation of Jesus. Jesus taught us that to see God is to look at Him.

Now I don't want anyone to think that I insist that I have all the answers because i certainly do not have the answers and I could be totally wrong in my theology. There are a lot of great minds out there and I sure enjoy listening to others.
Seede

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join