It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who has flown in their dreams...What was it like?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I really miss those dreams. I have not had one in about 20 yrs. I used to have them at a time in my life that was not pleasant. At night I would dream of flying over my neighborhood. What made the dreams stand out was during the dreams I knew so much more. It was like I understood life and had all the answers. I remember thinking why can't I remember all the answers to life while I am awake. Some dreams I would even teach others to fly. Yes I remember those dreams fondly.....

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I have not flown but I can jump as far as need be, and land softly.
I have these dreams sometimes 3 a week.It's the same as flying!!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by madhadder545

Does any one know if theres a study out there of some sort for dreaming. im curious to know if a persons brain and body activity changes when we have these types of dreams.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I've never flown in a dream, but I have fallen from great heights and landed just fine... even though I worried about it the whole way down.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I have had flying dreams from time to time and they are my most favorite dreams. I feel so Free! I have had dreams where I am a bird, flying over tree tops, oceans, etc. I have had flying dreams where I am myself and I fly over ancient cities and enjoy seeing the cultures and structures of those times. Even more often I have dreams of leviation, those too are pleasant but different from flying. I usually find myself in an interesting location such as a cave and levitate to the top and then move around. I always feel comfortable with theses dreams, never frightened which is odd because when I am awake I have a fear of heights.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
whoops - spelling correction - "levitation"

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
its been a while since Ive had a flying dream.. but when i do, i have to concentrate very hard and i levitate, and i have to keep my will to move around. it is so very real. usually when i wake up , im pissed cuz it was just a dream.-- the closest thing to compare it to is the princess floating in Mario bros.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I have. I do. And it's like this

Oh yea. And I do that^ too.

[edit on 7/3/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
My flying is pretty much a super jump. I jump about 100 feet or more to "fly".

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I have flown but not so grandly as others here.

It was only a couple of dreams but I was on the ground and knew all I had to do was will it. I showed others and kept myself flying longer than I expected. I wanted to tell everyone and help them.

It was the most exhilarating dream I ever had and tried to recreate it but never could. By the way, it happened during my waking up to truth period.

I asked my son if he had ever had one of these dreams and he said he had and wanted to repeat it as well.

A sense of freedom I expect that we all want and don't believe we have.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
My experience is like Phage's video. It only happened one single time about ten years ago which left me longing for another flight!

I was truly weightless, spread my arms like a bird and just flew. There was no arm flapping or wing type movements and I could determine how or where to fly by will alone. Best thing was I could do all kinds of arial tricks and swoops, etc and I could feel the effects of gravity as I had fun.

Somewhat similar to roller coaster type sensations but 100 times better because there were no earthly bounds whatsoever and the freedom I felt was almost overwhelming. I had no fear of falling, was having too much fun.

Strangest part to me was that I've never actually flown in a plane, done any sky diving, gliding or flight simulation of any kind. My body has never literally left the ground in real life so I have no real experience of what flight sensations would feel like at all, yet I felt them all in my dream. How could that be possible? Also, my mood improved for a few days and I actually felt exhilarated as if I had actually had a new and exciting experience in real life LOL

Best comparison would be a cinematic flight camera perspective, and even the maneuvers in Top Gun reminded me of my own movements but Phage's video is exactly what it felt like. I'd love to dream that again. Or maybe learn to glide!

[edit on 7/4/2010 by shockedonlooker]

To add the feelings that maslatte mentioned were right on. Felt I had superior knowledge and had no fear, not of falling or anything else in the world and actually felt like I was doing exactly what I was meant to do.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by shockedonlooker]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

I would recommend you take some lessons. When I was an instructor I would ask potential students if they had ever had flying dreams. It was surprising how closely linked their answer was to their success.
ushpa.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Now that I think about it, I've had a flying dream before, within the last couple of years. It was awesome, and I remember being rather surprised when I woke up.

I also remember I had to jump from the ground to get airborne, but it seems there was something I needed to do to stay airborne, like fly with the air currents.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
oh .i love the dreams where i fly..
not very high- three stories or so.
a floating sensation, very real.
and when i wake up it takes a moment
to realize i cant really fly.
a little disappointing.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
My first exsperience was weird. In my dream, i knew i was in a dream. In my dreams noises do not sound the same as when i'm awake. The only way to exsplain this noise is like if you were talking in a plastic cup and this goes for all noises in my dreams. Anyways, i was on a tall, tall building and looking over the edge. Like i said, i knew i was in a dream and i put my hands out and let myself fall off the building. About half way down i wanted to fly and go sight seeing all over. so i did. I even went to other planets. I also went to some rich guys house. I liked the setup, so i took a tour of the place. He had a stream running thru his yard, waterfalls, and this guy must have liked marble, it was all over the place in different colors. He had several maids that did different duties and cooks. OH, the garage, he had an old SS german car in there. the flags and banners on it, he was a collector. He had statues all over and paintings of all sorts. The rooms were huge. I remember smelling food and a lady walked past me, stopped looked in my direction then turned around and walked away. I thought she was looking at me so i waved, but she did not. ANYWAYS, the food. I went into the kitchen, following my nose. HE had 15 people preparing all sorts of dishes. I was curious in my dream. All this food and where are all the people? I followed this gentleman with this cart of food to see where all the people were. He led me to this very large room. It was empty of people and a large table. He was setting up some sort of buffet it seemed to me. 5 ladies came in and waited by the table, then another gentleman came in with more stuff. I figured they were setting up for the meal and i then left. I went outside and flew away. weird dream, one of my flying exsperiences.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluecollar

I just lift off. I noted a long time ago that I don't raise my arms, I don't jump or propel in any way, I just think about it and lift up. I also don't 'see' the entire flight, only portions of it, it is like seeing a little of it and then boom, you are in another place.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I haven't read all the posts but am I the only one that thinks that this is just odd how so many people dream about flying? When does it go from coincidence to something may actually be happening? I have had many flying dreams and what I have read here goes right along with everyone else. Most people can control it but it's not like you take off in a zoom. You kind of start by levitating then you go higher and higher. Some have to use there arms and legs to paddle while others have learned to move using thought. What could effect so many people into dreaming about this? Could this actually be part of an Out of Body because it feels so real?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluecollar

most of the times the others that are in my dream cannot recognize or acknowledge that i am flying. i want them to, not for any vain or ego-trip reason, but just to let them know it can be done.

it is like a semi-controlled flight though, i have some measure of control, but sometimes the wind can blow a little and throw me a little off course.

i get the feeling that if others could recognize and acknowledge that we can all fly, then i would have more control over which direction, speed, heights i can fly at.

i don't have wings though, i think.

i am not afraid of the height, i know i cannot fall or plumet to the ground.

it is more like floating and also feeling connected to my imediate surroundings. like a coalition or collaboration of myself to consent to the will of the air as much as the air is willing to consent to the will of me.

sometimes i can rocket straight upward like neo from the matrix, and slowly glide downwards like a leaf or feather in the wind.

othertimes i can just hover above the ground up to what seems like 10 to 20 feet at most. sometimes people are just laughing at me, but i don't know why, nor do i care. the feeling of flying around is a fun serene feeling. their laughter does not really effect me too much, but the control over flying seems to be somewhat deminished because of their laughter sometimes, and i do not know why.

i do not fly fast though, yet. but the feeling of sleeping on air during a dream is a comfortable feeling to say the least.

Happy Fourth of July & Independence Day America!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This is probably an old wives tale - use to hear my family speak of it. They would say if you fall from a high place in a dream and are unable to fly or drop softly you will die. Now I know this can't be true because if this happened to someone in a dream and they died they wouldnt be able to tell about it. Has anyone ever experienced a hard fall during a dream? If so, what was it like?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
yes thats exactly how it feels when i except my movements are a whole lot sharper. lol
Niteowl you said that you visited different planets. How was that like. the closet i got was leaving the earth atmosphere and looking down at the earth. I guess what really keeps me from exploring that far is the fear of getting lost. What was going on in your head as far as how you felt before visiting other planets. I hope i dont sound crazy here lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join