It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice going forward as my mom was just diagnosed with esophageal cancer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Let the OP have time to absorb all the endless outpourring of information here. Let him decide what to share with his Mom and ultimately, let his Mom make her own choice. This is like informtion overloud. I am anxious to hear from Amongus and what his thoughts and feelings are at this time.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Drink 4.5-10grams of Spirulina -

Helps prevent and treat cancers amongst other things and is the best thing for her immune system. The World Health Organisation say it is their #1 recommended food.

www.detoxyourworld.com... (what spirulina is)

www.lightparty.com... (article on how it helps prevent/treat cancer)

If nothing else, it will give her all the vitamins and nutrients she needs to help beat it.
Apart from that, the mind can/will beat cancer...

tell her to read;

"Ask and it is given" www.abraham-hicks.com...

Sorry for the news bro.
edit on 17-9-2011 by kidohno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Don't be afraid and don't panic is the most important thing to remember. My mom got cancer in 2006 and nearly died, it was awful and she and so many people had given up hope but I never once believed it would be the end of her. The good news is she's completely healed and the cancer is gone. Cancer is not a death sentence. You have to stay strong in your heart and mind no matter what you see or your mom even says. Faith is a very powerful thing. I believe your mom will be okay. Stand strong!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
My prayers go out to you and your mother i have no medical advice to give you..Good luck to you and your mom and please stay strong and positive..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Sorry to hear about your mom's illness. Try to stay positive...

Look into what they call "ancient super foods". I suggest reading up on and perhaps trying cat's claw.

This is my first post here. I am a regular reader. After seeing your post, I was compelled to join and tell you. My father died from cancer, and I believe changing his diet and a little education on foods as medicine would have helped. Chemo and other cancer-killing treatments often ravage the body as well, leaving the patient too weak to fight. Diet is a powerful thing. I wish we'd known this before my dad died.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
What I would do in this situation:

Juice fasting
Exercise (if possible)
No chemotherapy
Energy work (Robert Bruce style)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
After reading a lot of the comments and "advise" on here I would be extremely careful
recommending any course of treatment someone on ATS offers.

Some of these people might have good intentions but are hardly the kind of people that you can rely on for
curing your mum.

Secondly, some of these people are truthers or devoutly religious and based on that sort of pliable mind I do not recommend their "treatments" as a path to follow simply because they are easily swayed by a certain set of suggestions. Therefore their choices of offering will be similarly subjective and biased. Facts and research are simply not there, just guess work and random pieces of this and that. This is not a dig just a fact that you are asking for advise from people that have passion but do not actually formulate results from their OWN actual work. This is your mum you are dealing with.

Your best bet is too spend a s much time with your mum as possible. Tell her you love her and make sure she see your face each and every day. Apart from a miracle and I am not talking about Western Medicine your love is probably the best course of action for her. Life is life my friend, what you can offer her is YOU!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Very sorry to hear about your mother.

I'm not an expert and don't really know what I'm talking about with the subject, also, afaik none of these treatments are out of clinical trials, so it is unlikely this info will be of direct use, but:

The most interesting new technology for cancer treatment and detection that I have seen involves the use of gold particles. The gold is broken down into tiny spheres or rods of about 5 to 100 nanometres in size - much smaller than most human cells. This is essentially the same stuff you find in colloidal gold supplements. Same as you'll find in a health store/new age place etc. The difference is that the exact size and shape of the particle is typically chosen more selectively for science purposes. Colloidal gold & gold salts (aka ormus) have ancient associations with long life.

Much biology has been done with gold nanoparticles in the last ten years. It turns out that, due to their size, gold particles have a habit of collecting around cancer cells. This makes it much easier to find cancer cells with low tech equipment. Gold acts like a mirror to infrared radiation, and IR imaging technology is very cheap and well established. Human tissue is highly transparent to infrared radiation and IR photons at this frequency pass harmlessly through normal cells - the radiation used is non-ionizing! (a good thing).

A group, doing work involving lasers and gold, injected nanoparticles into a raw piece of chicken discovered that the laser would start to cook the chicken - but only in exactly the places where the gold particles had been injected. A local temperature above 43˚C will start to kill living cells, including cancer cells. This observation turned into an experiment on cancerous tumours in mice. The results were amazing, a 100% destruction of the tumour cells with no side effects. This same team have done human trials, but I don't know the results. The team is headed by Professor Naomi Halas of Rice University - www.ece.rice.edu...

This is a great article about using a magnetic field instead of laser to heat cancer cells in mice: news.sciencemag.org...

Gold nanoparticles have also been used to make novel drug delivery systems. This means that, potentially, any chemotherapy taken will be much more likely to target the right cells, lowering the dosage needed and reducing the poisoning toxic trail left by powerful chemotherapy drugs. This experiment managed a 40 fold increase in effective drug delivery to tumours using a clever combination of nanoparticle bound drug molecules: www.nature.com...

There are many papers and news reports about this technology on google scholar, and all over the web:

www.healthcanal.com...
www.fiercedrugdelivery.com...

Hope this at least shows there is hope for new, safe and reliable treatments for this disease. Prayers for your mother, amongus.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I am lifting your mother in prayer. My dad is currently suffering from illness and he's in the process of testing to determine the source. I too am ill and we're unsure as to the cause yet. I rely on prayer. For any of the faithful in Christ who read this post, please say this prayer with me:

Father:

We thank you and praise you Father for your Word that you provide to us all we need and that your Word says:

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Father, we thank you and praise you that we can come to you with those requests, that your word says:

Matthew 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name (Jesus name), there am I in the midst of them.

We thank you and praise you Father that there is no time and space between us and that the request for prayer from your child with those gathered here in Jesus name, I stand in agreement of your Word Father and this request, that you touch our friend's mother and heal her from this sickness, and that those gathered here represent those two and three that have come together in the name above all names Jesus, and that any believer in Jesus and in your Word Father that read this prayer let it count for another person standing in agreement of your Word to us Father, in Jesus name we ask.

We thank you and praise you for it Father

Amen

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
After reading a lot of the comments and "advise" on here I would be extremely careful

......except your own apparently.
The OP specifically asked for advice on alternative treatments. If the best advice you can offer is to just spend time with the patient, I'd advise that you do some more research, as that is very unlikely to have any effect. Medicine on the other hand ( both "western" and "alternative") is pretty effective against cancer.

edit on 17-9-2011 by thoiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

Here's the problem with your "advise." It attempts to scare someone away from alternative treatments that could potentially be second options if conventional treatment fails to work. Dr. Buzynski's anti-neoplaston treatment is very effective and should always be considered as a second option.

You're basically saying to give up.

This is ATS. Deny ignorance, seek the truth, and fight the good fight with knowledge as your weapon.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Please watch this documentary. Dr. Gerson was a Nazi but nevertheless 1000's claim to have their cancer in remission because of his therapies.

Gerson Therapy Website:
gerson.org...

Case Studies:
gerson.org...

Surviving Against All Odds:
gerson.org...

edit on 17-9-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
A very special thank you for all of your love and support....

My mom found out the cancer is contained to her esophagus, and has not spread. She has an appt today with her surgeon to determine the next step, which is obviously surgery.

She is tired, but all of your input only helps her.

Thank you again, and I will update you going forward, if anyome cares

THANK YOU

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Quick update.....my mom just was released from the hospital after having a feeding tube put in. She has opted for chemo and radiation first, then operation to remove the tumor. It has not spread beyond her esophogus though, thank god.

My question for all that have been through this: does that mean her chances for survival are better at this point?

I cant thank my ats family enough for all the love, support and advice.

Thank you!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Quick update.....my mom just was released from the hospital after having a feeding tube put in. She has opted for chemo and radiation first, then operation to remove the tumor. It has not spread beyond her esophogus though, thank god.
My question for all that have been through this: does that mean her chances for survival are better at this point?
I cant thank my ats family enough for all the love, support and advice.
Thank you!!!
I can only repeat my advice that she ought to visit a licenced naturopath at this point and see if there is anything available that might ameliorate the side effects of the treatment without affecting its work. Your doctor should be the one to approve any complimentary medicine, though.

Best of luck to the both of you.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

That's a very difficult question to answer. Your best course of action would be to ask her doctor. They really don't like to give percentages but if you push them they should give you some type of an answer. You will probably have to phrase it as. From your experiences with your patients who's cancer has not spread and in her stage how have they done? You will most likely get a very general answer but keep pushing for specifics. The idea behind not giving specific answers is to avoid giving you or your mother false hope. I hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
She just found out that she has another cancerous tumor in her neck. This is not looking good, yet we are all positive. She has made the decision to do chemo and radiation, instead of going the alternative route, but eating is getting harded by the day. I bought her a juicer for her bday, and she loves it, however she has trouble eating anything due to the pain.

Thank you all for your positive comments, support and advice......

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
My mother was just diagnosed with esophageal cancer this monday. I have not heard of too many success stories for recovery, but since this is ATS I know members can share much needed advice with me as I look to help with her treatments.

We live outside of Seattle and she just had a CT scan along with bloodwork to determine the stage of the cancer. I know the tumor is 4cm, but this is all we know as of now. She is scheduled to have more tests this coming week.

Can anyone provide advice as to how to combat this cancer both traditionally and/or with alternative methods?

Id be greatful for any advice.

Thank you

My sincerest sympathies.

I just want to make an observation in hopes a medical professional sees this thread and wouldn't mind entertaining a thought of mine I have trouble understanding while having loved-ones of my own fall victim to cancer; thank you in advance BTW.

My father developed tumors on his back and neck. He gave chemo 3 weeks to produce results, end result being he's gone now...

During his treatments his medicines seemed to be mostly steroidal-type pain pills to treat the pain and at the same time (as I understand it
grow tissue? Consequentially, the tumor(s).

I have a neighbor that has a cyst or something on his liver that they drain- to relieve the pressure. They give him steroidal pain pills but 'don't know' what kind of antibiotic to try...but doing numerous EXPENSIVE tests!!!

So my question is Why are medical professionals prescribing steroidal pain relievers when there is IMO a direct and avoidable consequence?

NSAIDS And another consequence?
Myself having not researched yet

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Update on my mom. She had a PET scan on Wednesday. Results came back that THE CANCER IS GONE!!

Radiation, chemotherapy...tumor in esophagus is gone. Her drs are stunned. As are we, of course!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, support, advice and prayers......thank you!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Thats great news m8 Very glad things have worked out for you

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join