It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice going forward as my mom was just diagnosed with esophageal cancer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear about your mother

So many suggested cures...... which to choose?

I've kept this link just in case...

www.truthwinds.com...

BAKING SODA AND MAPLE SYRUP CANCER TREATMENT

(I spotted baking soda and molasses above, as well! Hmmmm!)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Sorry to read about your mother, but hope is not lost. My father was diagnosed with leukemia several years ago and I refused to go along with the doctor recommending he take chemo and radiation. I had found a naturopath who specialized in "rife therapy" in a town three hours away that I decided on. Dad improved greatly until circumstances changed and we could no longer receive treatments from that doctor. So I made sure he dranked enough water daily for his body weight, given complex vitamin Bs,vitamin c (1000mg). Each morning I gave him 100% grape juice that had no corn syrup or sugars added to it to drink from 9am-12 noon. These simple changes made my dad's leukemia go into remission and his test results negative within a couple of months. I added coconut oil to our diets which I've since found out is a very positive thing to stay in good general health. I recommend you add coconut oil to your mother's diet, a tablespoon in yogurt (oatmeal, cream of wheat, even heard of people using in coffee) in the morning, she can even take coconut oil by the spoonful on a empty stomach. Coconut oil is also a detox-ant so people who don't normally use it should build up to a tablespoon and full time cooking with it.

Whatever traditional or alternative treatments she opt to receive make sure she try out simple changes such I've mentioned along with the chosen treatment. A body with cancer in it is usually a body dehydrated and lacking on essential minerals and vitamins.

May she have lifelong good health!!

edit on 16-9-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
A must watch for cancer patients.

Remember this thread?

Doctor Cures Cancer – Gets Charged By The FDA 5 Different Times For Regulation Violations
edit on 16-9-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

In the early 90s I worked at a car rental agency that catered to his patients and we saw people on their last leg so to speak walk through that rental car company's doors. His patient were those patients that traditional medicine wrote off as hopeless. They would come to him every week from around the US for treatments and the transformations were unbelievable. After extended treatments (of months) with Dr. Burzynski those people were full of energy and health, he had worked wonders which would explain why the FDA gave (and is probably still giving) him so much hell. You suggested a good video.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I hasten to add to this thread, breaking my own rule about not doing that unless I have read all the contents... but I couldn't wait.

My brother-in-law was similarly diagnosed (a 9/11 responder who got NO support after the diagnosis).

His condition was quite bad for a while and after the surgery there were some moments of uncertainty during his recovery... but he DID recover. It can be overcome.

Never lose hope. Doctors will not make promises that they are uncertain they can keep. Don't be too discouraged when they say "it's not good" because many times much has to do with the mindset and will of the patient, and by extension the patient's family and support mechanisms...

. And if I'm not mistaken - every day more and more people are surprising doctors by beating what the insurance company's so coldly call "the odds."

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I can't offer any medical advice, as my area of experience is in the telecom field, but as someone who lost his mother to cancer when I was 23 I can give you some practical relationship advice.

First and foremost, your mother is going to need all the help she can get. She'll get plenty of sympathy, but the day to day portions of her life are likely going to be very harsh and only immediate family will be able to help her through it, so you need to be there for her. If you're having a hard time dealing with this, talk to her and let her know but don't bail out just because it's hard to watch her get sicker. She needs you now more than ever, so make sure you're there for her. Let her dictate the course, as it's ultimately her battle, but be there for her all the same.

Also, remember to check on your siblings, if you have any, and see how they're holding up. You can't force them to talk about what they're going through, but often if you're there just to lend an ear, they'll tell you what they need to get off their chest. If the worst happens and you're mother doesn't make it, you're going to need family to lean on during the immediate aftermath. Trust me on this one, even if you don't think so, you'll need the shoulder to cry on.

Finally, make certain to not bottle up your own emotions at this time. You may be tempted to do so, under the guise of holding things together, but if you don't deal with the stress, fear and grief, it will really mess you up later in life.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mother, as cancer is such a terrible disease that I would not wish it on even the most evil of people. That said, I have been down the same road you are getting ready to travel on and it was not easy. My mother had the same cancer and took chemo and radiation. She also took shark cartillage and her cancer did go into remission. Unfortunately, the cancer came back, this time to her stomach then eventually to her brain. But each cancer story is different for every individual.

The shock will wear off from learning her diagnosis then you must take a proactive role in her treatment. If you are able, take her to her to the doctor and to her treatments. Never let her go to those alone. Share that duty with other family members if possible. My theory through my Mother's illness was that she took care of me whole life because Mom doesn't really quit taking care of you even when you're grown. It was my duty, actually an honor, to return that favor to her. By participating in her treatment, I was actually able to cope with it much better, because I was right in there, hands on. My brothers and other family members had a harder time dealing with it because they didn't spend as much time with her as I did.

Don't treat her like a child. She's still your Mom and just because she has an illness, her mind is still the same and she doesn't need to be talked down to like she suddenly doesn't understand what's going on. If she starts talking about death, as hard as it is to listen to, let her talk. At first I would brush off this kind of conversation until I realized she needed to say these things, to get things off her chest.

If she takes chemo, make sure she gets some caloric intake. An Ensure milkshake with every fattening thing made of chocolate was about the only thing my Mom would take during the nausea. Add Ovaltine, chocolate syrup, ice cream...I'll tell ya, I stole more than a few sips of those shakes!

A previous poster mentioned to have yourself checked. Best advice as esophageal cancer tends to run in families as I suspect most cancers do. Acid reflux is a common cause of this cancer. I suggest even if you don't get frequent heartburn, start taking an acid reducer. I take one daily. You can by a generic 30 day supply for about 3 bucks. Get the store brand (I buy Walmart's version "Equate"). I take 75mg, but again we all differ.

I am sorry this post is so long. I wasn't expecting to say so much. I wish you and your family all the strength in the world and treasure each day you have with all of your loved ones.

What a beautiful post, Im sorry for your loss and reading this reminds me of when i was taking care of my Mother when she was ill, it wasn't cancer it was COPD, it took her in 4 years of diagnosis but she suffered a loong time with emphysema, reading your post made me remember the years of holding her hand and sitting at the hospital, doctors, and everything you can imagine, decisions and choices and doctors running up to me asking me to sign this, approve this, can we do this, I was 22, it was hard and I quit my job and spent every second I could with her. I miss her.

To the OP, Im so sorry and pray that your Mom beats this, its really hard and like I have seen repeated in this thread over and over again, I do believe in the power of prayer, pray to God, I know he will hear you, there were many times where my Mom was on the edge and they didnt know if she would make it, and a few times she flat lined, and back on a ventalator but I sat in that chapel of the hospital and prayed, prayed so hard and to the shock of the doctors my Mom came back, I so believe God heard me, But COPD got the best of her and in the end God called her home, but in the 4 years she got to celebrate 4 more birthdays and the birth of a grand daughter and the joy of another one on the way'

The posts the people are putting down is so heartfelt and beautiful to see the help they want to give, it doesn't hurt to try, try everything and anything you and your Mom believe will help, BUT also be careful, research first, dont jump into something that may do more harm then good.

Im sorry if this is a little erratic and long, i just wanted to share my story and let you know that I will be praying for your Mom and you all. Take Care and God Bless.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

No, prospects are not good.

But did Michael Douglas have something like this a while back? He had something like stage 4 throat cancer and he beat it so there is the tiniest bit of hope, more if your mum is rich beyond rich!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
long time lurker but had to join due to info I gathered for a friend this week that might help

do some research on apricot seeds here are some links to youtube try to order some online from somewhere leave no stone unturned...you might have to copy and paste links?

youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

message I wrote to somebody

I have seen proof of this my dog had a big tumor on her chest and she started eating this certain weed from the ground in mtl-west when we would go for walks in about a month the tumor shrunk almost all gone I thought na the cure could not be so easy than we moved to the west-island and I found no traces of this weed than she died about 8 months after we moved from cancer the tumor came back

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

I lost my mother to cancer when I was 12. I am sorry to hear about your mother. Treasure her, love her, support her. Make memories that you will be able to smile at when you reflect on her, should she lose the battle. I hope with all my heart you will have her for years to come.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
marijuana kills cancer cells, try that.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Hi there. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, or course! After several years of research, I have found quite a few resources that are helpful for beating this thing called 'cancer', as well as most health symptoms/complaints. One thing I've found is that there is no one answer, but there is a lifestyle approach that can radically affect health for the better, put things into 'remission', and allow the body to fix itself. Here are a few references. Some of these were mentioned by other posters.

Key items to research: pH of the body, inflammation levels, hydration, and micronutrients. These all form a synergistic relationship, and each relies on the other for helping the body stay well.

Here are three leading books I highly recommend you reading. I have many more, but these are some of my top recommendations for a lifestyle that can beat down most of the ailments that the 'medical profession' tends to diagnose and mistreat us for.

Living Foods for Optimum Health : Staying Healthy in an Unhealthy World
www.amazon.com...

Green Smoothie Revolution: The Radical Leap Towards Natural Health
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1313973883&sr=1-1

Cancer Is Not A Disease - It's A Survival Mechanism
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1313973931&sr=8-4

Achieving Great Health -- How Spirulina, Chlorella, Raw Foods and Ionized Water Can Make You Healthier than You Have Ever Imagined
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316202806&sr=8-1

Top List of Recommended foods/supplements that me and my family take EVERY DAY. Even individually, many of these items purport amazing testimonials. You can find books written on each of these items.

1) Algae: Chlorella/Spirulina. 10-20 grams/day. Good source is www.watershed.net. These have most of the vitamins you need in it already for health. The tablets are the only way to go. Start with 4-5 per meal and work your way up to 100 total or more per day. You can’t overdose on these. Additional high value algaes would be Marine Phytoplankton (drops, sublingual), and AFA Blue Green Algae (can get them as tablets and as liquid).
2) Green smoothies. 2-4 cups/day. Juice some fruit or veggies, throw in some greens, blend. Drink. Suit to taste. A typical smoothie (for a family of 3) would be 3 cups juice, 2-3 handfuls of spinach (or chard or kale), 1-2 bananas, some ice. Very easy to make. Very easy to drink. Changes the digestion immediately. Good coffee replacement.
3) Oils: Coconut Butter - 3 TB/day. I like Artisana Coconut Butter. Tasty, easy to eat. Buy some manna bread (whole foods, frozen section). Put some on it. Or just put it on an apple and eat with cinnamon. Very tasty, easy to digest, helps the body in a lot of ways. Additional oil products include chia (Omega 3/6), Krill oil pills, and olive oil (good but lower than the prior items mentioned in terms of nutritional and health value)
4) MSM – 5-10 grams/day. Whole Foods carries these in capsules. I suggest you put some powder in your toothpaste too. Good for gums. Surprising how the state of the gums is an indicator to overall health and inflammation...
5) Nascent Iodine (topical). Several drops/day on skin. Iodine is a huge deficiency for most people. Helps the thyroid, which has a whole range of health improvement issues.
6) Chaga - drops/tea/powder. You can source it from online places (like amazon.com). Not sure if you can find this at Whole Foods. Chaga is natures antibiotic. You can get it in capsules, tea, etc. When we drink tea, we always use RAW honey. Tea should be hot, but never too hot - try to put honey in it when it's less than 120 degrees F. For the capsules – 8 per day will likely be a good solution
7) Magnesium Chloride spray. Several times/day. Amazon.com sells spray. Magnesium chloride is another one of those huge deficiencies, and a lack of it causes calcium issues.
8) B-12. Transdermal patch - 500mg, 2-3X/week. www.patchmd.com sells these and others.
9) Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar - 3TB/day. A great way to take it is to mix it with equal parts of honey, and dilute in water, or tea. You can knock out colds, strep, other infections pretty quickly with this.
10) Vitamin D3. 4000-10,000 IU / day. Critical for health. Vitamin D3 is the sunshine vitamin. Everyone is deficient unless you are a dedicated sunbather. This is actually a hormone, not a vitamin.
11) Probiotics and Enzymes. These are critical to take every day, and at every meal. Alone, they may indeed solve digestion issues. If you eat food, you need these!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

organic maple syrup and pure baking soda 1 part baking soda 2 parts organic maple syrup put them together in a pan and simmer it on low heat for about 10 mins once it cools have her take 1 table spoon daily

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hi, I studied holistic health for some time. There ARE alternative remedies that DO work. I was diagnosed with cancer and so was so was my husbands grandmother (cervical cancer). I know it's a different cancer than the one your bringing up. But it's still cancer, an autoimmune disorder- the body is attacking itself. When I was diagnosed two things came to mind #1 prayer, #2 essiac tea. Google 'Nurse Essiac'. She was a nurse that discovered this tea, it was tested on inmates and cured other autoimmune disorders. She opened her own clinic in Canada and the government shut her down. They said there was no proof it worked and a lot of other legal mumbo jumbo. I did a lengthy study on this while I was in school. My teacher swore by it. Needless to say, thank God, me and my grandmother in law no longer have cancer cells. Also -stay away from complex carbohydrates(processed food) -they cause the cancer cell to multiply/grow. Natural foods/raw fruits and vegetables is the way to go with cancer. Find a local herb store, ask for essiac tea & how to prepare it.
www.essiacinfo.org...

essiac-canada.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
My suggestions are:

Vitamin D
Hemp Oil
CoQ-10
Low glycemic diet (Look in to a "candida diet")
ZERO refined sugars
ZERO refined grains/wheat
Maybe even zero grains overall, depends on her body.
Lots of leafy greens (collard, beet greens)

Good salt that contains a large variety of minerals. Table salt and most sea salt is just sodium chloride.

I would also talk to an herbalist and find herbs to treat the underlying symptoms.
Most cancer patients have Candida Albicans (fungus) overgrowth. This is a HUGE compromise to your immune system.

You need to treat the candida as well as the cancer.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Im working right now, and just wanted say a quick thank you for the outpouring of support from everyone. I simply cant believe the different stories of hope, and alternative methods of treatment!

I plan on individually replying to everyones posts when I get some time...but a sincere thank you to the ats vets, the moderators and all the newbs that joined just to respond to this thread!

Amongus
edit on 16-9-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I did not have time to go through the whole thread, but google ph kills cancer.

In it is an amazing story of a stage 4er colon with mets to his bones.

It is a baking soda and sugar(as the carrier) solution putting your body into an alkaline state.

While many argue this is very risky(and it can be) do your research and you will find some amazing stories.

The fact is; Cancer cells can not survive in an alkaline cell.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Thank you for your kind words. I too am sorry for your loss. It was 9 years in April since my Mom passed and it seems like it was just yesterday. A forum like this could have helped so much when we were going through our Mothers' illnesses and I am glad that we are able to take such a painful experience and try to help someone else going through the same ordeal.

I applaud all those contributing in this thread. It seems that facing mortality head on helps ease the fear of death, whether it be your own or a loved one. Trying to pretend it won't happen does not make it go away.

One day OP you will be using this experience to help others and that is how we all pay it forward.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An

Originally posted by Realtruth
A must watch for cancer patients.

Remember this thread?

Doctor Cures Cancer – Gets Charged By The FDA 5 Different Times For Regulation Violations
edit on 16-9-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

In the early 90s I worked at a car rental agency that catered to his patients and we saw people on their last leg so to speak walk through that rental car company's doors. His patient were those patients that traditional medicine wrote off as hopeless. They would come to him every week from around the US for treatments and the transformations were unbelievable. After extended treatments (of months) with Dr. Burzynski those people were full of energy and health, he had worked wonders which would explain why the FDA gave (and is probably still giving) him so much hell. You suggested a good video.

Sorry to hear about your situation, but it sounds like you're doing the right thing and gathering information.

I can concur with the burzynski treatment as far as watching the movie and researching it. If you're going with conventional treatement and it doesn't work...... there is the buzynski treatment with his anti-neoplaston therapy which seems to be very sucessful.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I am so sorry about your mother. I lost my mom to cancer last Oct and it was only 5 weeks form diagnosis to her passing. What I learned may not be as in depth as others here but these are the things that I learned. I have been told Apricot seeds are very beneficial. Sugars are an absolute no. Raw foods are very good for everyone. A juicer would be a good purchase. I personally believe in a mix of Eastern and Western medicine. This is the most important, as soon as you find out exactly what type of cancer it is find the best hospital in the country. Cancer seems to be something that certain hospitals are better at treating than others. What I mean by that is you can have say three centers that all treat cancer. But center 1 specialty is Lymphoma, center 2 can be the best at large cell Carcinoma and center 3 could have the best doctors for skin cancer. Ask all of the doctors any question that crosses your mind. One thing I found is they all answer questions differently and most are evasive. You may have to ask the same question 2 or 3 different ways, and tell them exactly what you hear them tell you. Like this "So what you are saying is... Am I correct is that what you are trying to say doctor? Your mother needs to know that if at any time the treatments are too much for her and she wants to stop that it's OK. Patients are known to continue treatment in extreme pain and suffering because they don't want to let their family down. You need to educate yourself on the stages and emotions she will go thru. You need to know ahead of time so you are not caught off guard. You are now her advocate and must keep your head. You are about to go thru an emotional living hell and just remember it's worse for her. Now for the worst part. Get her wishes on paper Power of Attorney, Will, and a few others that I have forgotten. You also need to know her wishes regarding life support like does she want a breathing tube or Trachiscopy feeding tube etc. My mom lost her ability to speak a couple of days after she was admitted so you must know her wishes now. Keep her spirits up as well as you can and don't forget her spiritual well being. Prepare for the worst and pray for the best outcome. Her mind can be her best cure. A positive mental attitude is huge. I hope I didn't scare you with any of this but it is what I dealt with. I wish your mom and you the best of luck and do anything you can to beat this damn disease.

edit on 16-9-2011 by cjdny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

I second the Burzynski idea. My dad had throat cancer that spread to his lungs and eventually his brain. Him and my mom made the trip to Texas to see Dr. Burzynski - It would have saved my dad but was everywhere by that point.

Good luck to you and your mom.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join