It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice going forward as my mom was just diagnosed with esophageal cancer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
Actually, I differ with the poster that wrote that you shouldn't try anything that isn't "proven" or some other nonsense. Why not?
I don't fear Cancer AT ALL. But, this is your mother, and that is different.
I can't convince my mother of anything, even though I cure myself she is stuck in the old ways....the "proven" ways.
The go to MD Anderson and die way. The pay through your nose and lose everything and STILL die ways.
To hell with that.
If you can't convince your mother to try alternative remedies then she is stuck with the prognosis.

I think it would be wise to try proven cures and non proven cures together, so then you attack it from all angles and your chances get better. Am I right?

p.s amongus I hope your mother will get through this, I'll pray for her right now.
edit on 15-9-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm sorry for what your mother is going through.
My thoughts are with your mother,you and your family.
I know,my father-in-law has been dealing with it for two years now and is doing great!
After some radiation treatments and chemo,his cancer is gone.
So be there for your mother and be strong for her,she will need it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
My mother was just diagnosed with esophageal cancer this monday. I have not heard of too many success stories for recovery, but since this is ATS I know members can share much needed advice with me as I look to help with her treatments.

We live outside of Seattle and she just had a CT scan along with bloodwork to determine the stage of the cancer. I know the tumor is 4cm, but this is all we know as of now. She is scheduled to have more tests this coming week.

Can anyone provide advice as to how to combat this cancer both traditionally and/or with alternative methods?

Id be greatful for any advice.

Thank you

Never did this before for anyone but family and friends but.......I'll say a prayer.....

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
Right off the bat I'd say high dose vitamin d ant high dose resveratrol. That as well as cutting all simple sugars out of the diet will stop cancer in its tracks.

This!

Her diet must be radically changed whether she goes through mainstream medicine or not. This will be key to her survival. I hope she forgoes chemo e.c.t...doing so will increase her life expectancy regardless. Large doses of D3 and C won't hurt. Some apricot seeds are in order as well.

Also, look up the Rick Simpson story and follow the recipe.

A little googling will reveal the ideal veggies she should consume. She should avoid all toxins too.
edit on 15-9-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
As cheesy as you or anybody might think this sounds, I've heard several success stories about prayer, where doctors have just been baffled at the disappearance of tumors and such. You've got nothing to lose, so just go for it. A real heart to heart prayer with who you are praying to. Somebody up there has to hear it!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I too pray for you and you're mother to both have the strength. You both will get through this, stay positive!

This may have been mentioned already. It says it's a preventative but could not a preventative also be a form of a cure?

Curry Cancer Cure?
edit on 15-9-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My condolences to you and your family!

My family has lost a parent and two grandparents this summer alone.

We are trying to save an aunt with cancer. We have tried everything, the only thing that seems to be working for her is acupuncture and also using pure baking soda (without aluminum in it) mixed with pure maple syrup.
The cancerous cells love sugar, so the maple syrup disguises the pure baking soda (without aluminum in it), allows the cancer cells to eat up the baking soda dropping your alkalinity to the perfect alkaline to where cancerous cells cannot live. That is the key. Am alkaline body of a reading of "7" get a PH tester to see where your level is.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

For an expensive I am almost sure of cure, contact Dr. Burzynski
Dr.Burzynski

You can also check out this incredible ground breaking (only allowed to be released this year in June 2011 due to court battles with the big pharma companies and the united states governing bodies) documentary.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Thank each and every one of you for your suggestions and sincere support. In no way did I expect such an outpouring of support from my ats family. It means a lot.

I have written down all of the suggestions and plan on doing major research into them.

My mom has actually fought breast cancer, and has been cancer free for 12 years now. Now this awful cancer rears its head.

Reading the stories about your loved ones effected by cancer made me sad...I am so sorry.

I appreciate your support

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It's more than prayer,it's positive thinking and energy.Happiness and laughter heals.Hope and the strength to keep going.The support of family and friends.In combination with the treatments,that is what helps the most.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
It's more than prayer,it's positive thinking and energy.Happiness and laughter heals.Hope and the strength to keep going.

Well said, whether someone dies or not (we all die eventually) this is something we should be trying to do everyday anyway.

p.s I love the dog in your avatar that's a good start to get someone smiling,

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Apricots and their pibs contain cyanide which only attacks the cancer cells and not your body. Its very important to eat the fruit AND the pib, and not just the pib. I have a video about it, u2u me and ill send you the title. Cancer is a Vitamin deficiancy... And thatr the info being withheld from big pharma companies.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
7 Years ago my own mother was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, i remember vividly the day she told me. The whole world caved in on me.

Best advice I can give is remain strong. be positive when around her. Talk like you's have never talked before, like best friends. Dont be afraid to stand up and ask the doctors to be truthfull with you and above all tell her just how much you love you her. Its a long and slow road but with your's and all your family's positive thoughts hopefully she can and will beat the horrible disease. Be strong, my thoughts got out to you, your mother and all your family.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

My heart and prayers go out to you and your mother. After I read your thread......what came to my mind first was...Micheal Douglas.....he did have throat cancer...and he was at a high stage of it too when he found out...and he did recover....so there is hope. I suggest doing some research about what treatments and things he did during his time of cancer treatments and recovery.

I will (of course) do some research too. I will let you know what I find.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

thought I would send you a hug ( ! ) and keep you and you mom in my prayers hang in there and take good care of her. We are here if you need to chat...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mother, as cancer is such a terrible disease that I would not wish it on even the most evil of people. That said, I have been down the same road you are getting ready to travel on and it was not easy. My mother had the same cancer and took chemo and radiation. She also took shark cartillage and her cancer did go into remission. Unfortunately, the cancer came back, this time to her stomach then eventually to her brain. But each cancer story is different for every individual.

The shock will wear off from learning her diagnosis then you must take a proactive role in her treatment. If you are able, take her to her to the doctor and to her treatments. Never let her go to those alone. Share that duty with other family members if possible. My theory through my Mother's illness was that she took care of me whole life because Mom doesn't really quit taking care of you even when you're grown. It was my duty, actually an honor, to return that favor to her. By participating in her treatment, I was actually able to cope with it much better, because I was right in there, hands on. My brothers and other family members had a harder time dealing with it because they didn't spend as much time with her as I did.

Don't treat her like a child. She's still your Mom and just because she has an illness, her mind is still the same and she doesn't need to be talked down to like she suddenly doesn't understand what's going on. If she starts talking about death, as hard as it is to listen to, let her talk. At first I would brush off this kind of conversation until I realized she needed to say these things, to get things off her chest.

If she takes chemo, make sure she gets some caloric intake. An Ensure milkshake with every fattening thing made of chocolate was about the only thing my Mom would take during the nausea. Add Ovaltine, chocolate syrup, ice cream...I'll tell ya, I stole more than a few sips of those shakes!

A previous poster mentioned to have yourself checked. Best advice as esophageal cancer tends to run in families as I suspect most cancers do. Acid reflux is a common cause of this cancer. I suggest even if you don't get frequent heartburn, start taking an acid reducer. I take one daily. You can by a generic 30 day supply for about 3 bucks. Get the store brand (I buy Walmart's version "Equate"). I take 75mg, but again we all differ.

I am sorry this post is so long. I wasn't expecting to say so much. I wish you and your family all the strength in the world and treasure each day you have with all of your loved ones.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I was just thinking and I don't mean to come off as lame if it does but I remember reading a study years ago in Readers Digest (no source as of yet..can't find it) and this article spoke of two groups of patients that all had the same afflictions. They split the groups up and had people pray for one half and not the other. The half that was prayed for had better results.
I'm not saying go to or join a church, your religious practices are not my concern. What I am saying is if people have the power in mass to heal others you can go to these websites such as Hands of Christ and have them pray for her. Go to several of them if you want.

I believe we have the power to heal in numbers.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
In all do respect, please stay away from untried/unproven/hyped up therapies. Unless your family member is taking part in a clinical trial of something new... and is being treated by professionals.

There are plenty of people who make some wild assertions about cancer cures, but in all reality, it is a tough thing to fight and there isn't anything out there that will make it magically go away (yet).

Please use this time to appreciate your relationship with your family member and offer the best support you can.

Regards,

B

Really, so far the advise has been VIT C large doses, clinically proven to be really good for you, and the baking/maple syrup. Plus Simpson.

All in all, there is NO reason to not throw the kitchen sink at the disease. I would, do all the things that can be done including faith, prayer, meditation, and spending time with God.

The conservative approach doesnt have as good success rate as doing the whole thing. Simpsons method has a 65% tumor reduction, for example. Most people would do this in conjunction with medical treatment.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have breast cancer and am going through chemo. I just wanted to say that there is always hope, that I will pray for your Mom and that my thoughts and heart are with you both.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Apricots and their pibs contain cyanide which only attacks the cancer cells and not your body. Its very important to eat the fruit AND the pib, and not just the pib. I have a video about it, u2u me and ill send you the title. Cancer is a Vitamin deficiancy... And thatr the info being withheld from big pharma companies.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Here is a link to what Monkeygod posted. It's a study carried out by a S. Korean University on prostate cancer. I've read it cures more than prostate cancer and it does seem to target the cancer cells.
Amygdalin

Amygdalin isn't only in Apricots seeds but they are probably the easiest to get.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join