It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mexican 'drugs legend' Jailed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

In a pre-dawn raid near the US-Mexico border Gilberto Higuera Guerrero, has been arrested part of the Arellano Felix gang he was one of Mexico's biggest drugs runners and part of the biggest drug cartels controlling nearly 50% that crossed the US border.

BBC NEWS

But little is know of what the 34-year-old, know as El Gilillo, or Little Gil, has been doing for the past few months.

While some reports suggest he may have gone into hiding, Mexico's attorney general, Rafael Macedo, said Mr Higuera Guerrero had left the violent Arellanos to join a rival gang

Mr Macedo said Mr Higuera Guerrero was the main operator of a coc aine-smuggling gang led by Ismael Zambada in the border state of Baja California.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Related Links
Mexican presidency
US Drug Enforcement Administration

50% of the drugs that crossed the border was pushed by this guy dam that�s a lot of cash for drugs running and a price tag of $2m for his capture but there's always someone ready to take his place I wonder how many years he's going to-do?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I smell a movie being made about this. Kinda like how they did that gig with Jonny Depp in Blow

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
They could turn it into the sequel for traffic that would make a good film with this as the base for it.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I think the Mexican Government will let him off because they are all on the take or he will escape out of the blue. This is my opinion. Let's see if I'm right. Two months tops.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
There's no way this guy's getting off. The U.S. government needs to put one or two of these guys away every once in a while to convince people that some "progress" is being made in the war on drugs. He'll get life with a minimum of say... 40 years served. He's probably getting locked up because he forgot to make his monthly payment to the fine elected officials of Mexico and the United States lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't no who the previous posters are but I do no this. You cannot keep bashing our Nation and expect it to stand for anything. If you don't like wants going on either leave or make your voices known in our political structure.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The trade of coc aine in the United States has grown steadily and expeditiously since the inception of the concept "drug czar." What "war on drugs?"

Local law enforcement is too frightened to go after "Mr. Big," opting to arrest crack whores and petty thieves for simple possession. I live in a town of about 100,000, where the coke problem is very visible, yet have not read one article about a major arrest in my seven years at this residence.

This slime-ball would be dead if there were truly a war on drugs.

[edit on 08/19/2004 by Jack Martin]

[edit on 08/19/2004 by Jack Martin]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
I don't no who the previous posters are but I do no this. You cannot keep bashing our Nation and expect it to stand for anything. If you don't like wants going on either leave or make your voices known in our political structure.

Since my post was the first to suggest U.S, corruption involved, I assume that you were referring to me. I defend the PEOPLE of this country all of the time and I'm quite proud of many of our accomplishments over the past century. I personally feel that because of our diversity and freedom, we are the greatest example of modern civilization in the world today, however... corruption and evil are two characteristics of humanity that have haunted us since we rose up on two legs and started naming things.

ALL governments need to be scrutinized and questioned constantly. The fact that we've had the right to question the actions of our government is one of the primary reasons that we are a strong as we are now. We NEED to question our government at every turn, because that's the only way that we can keep our people free. Remember, "We the People" are supposed to be in control... not a handful of parasites who seek only to serve themselves.

"Great men do not seek power, they have power thrust upon them."

I think it's safe to assume that few if ANY of those keeping our bureaucracy running smoothly had their responsibilities "thrust" upon them. It's also safe to assume that most of them are fairly ambitious types... Now tell me that they don't need tight leashes lol.

top topics

join