It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circumcision is a conspiracy to get rid of people's natural sexual desire... (Smegma prevents HIV i

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Disclaimer: The most effect ways to prevent HIV is by condom use and abstinance...

Video

It's about a guy talking about his friend who is a doctor. He went to Africa for a study to prove that circumcision prevents HIV, however, the test results showed that smegma helps REDUCE HIV infection. They were pissed, so they switched their method and got 1000 Kenyans who were 70% HIV positive, and 1000 circumcised Keyans who were 20% HIV positive and ever since then, they said that circumcisions prevent HIV infections. This was done by a guy's friend who is a famous doctor. His friend called the show because he was too scared to himself...

They said that it would be "unethical" to try to prove that this is not true...

The guy talks about 4 way to prove that this is a lie.

1) History - Ever 20 years they come up with an excuse for circumcision and within a few years, it's always disproved...

2) They don't want anyone else to do a similar study

3) Most other legitimate medical organizations are challenging the WHO now, like the American Academy of Pediatrics but they don't want it put in their literature saying that it is nonsense...

4) WHO admitted that there are dozens of doctors that go against the so called findings themselves...
edit on 15-9-2011 by arpgme because: Misinformation had to be fix'd

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Haven't watched the video, but based on my experience, it's not working.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It's always been done for cosmetic reasons, or religious tradition...
the fact that they aren't finding a scientific reason isn't surprising or evidence of a conspiracy.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This is dangerous misinformation and I hope the mods remove this garbage. Hiv is a virus and no amount of foreskin or smegma will protect you better than a condom. Wrap it up, and YOUTUBE VIDEOS ARE NOT PROOF.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
We all know the reason it reduces HIV transmissions is because women are less likely to mate with someone who hasn't been circumcised.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
It's always been done for cosmetic reasons, or religious tradition...
the fact that they aren't finding a scientific reason isn't surprising or evidence of a conspiracy.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Eeks, you're right... I should not have said "prevent". I should have said "reduce"...

At any rate, if you don't want a disease, don't have sex with a lot of people and use condoms when you do!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Ahhh..do you have proof to back that up? A LOT of men are not circumcised, and I fail to see the correlation between circumcision and female/male attraction. I've been married 10 years, and still have the the old skin on the sausage. Obviously didn't detract my wife from me. My mother and father have been married 15 years, he was never circumcised.
Honestly, if women aren't flocking to you, its probably not because of your foreskin!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
OK. Smegma??
Its really a word? My husband has mentioned the word a couple of times, but all this time I thought it was something he made up

No need to explain, I think I get it now

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well if circumcision is done to get rid of sexual desire, I can personally testify that it is an epic failure. Damn it I'm so horny right now, you just point me something out,......... a couch, a door, anything.... and I'll f#*% it.

Too late. The desk lamp just got it.

Circumcision if anything only heightens the desire. It's like...." Well, the ba@#*rds already had one shot at cleaving it off.Better get the most out of it before they come back like thieves in the night, and swipe the rest"

I really don't see the need for circumcision.I know that it's prescribed by God in the Torah, along with stoning gays to death and how to make financial atonement for raping your neighbour's daughter, but I guess I'm just not into the ol Torah.

I have heard of the practice of female circumcision for said purpose, primarily in African countries. This is brutal and motivated by even shallower reasoning than that of religion.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
OK. Smegma??
Its really a word? My husband has mentioned the word a couple of times, but all this time I thought it was something he made up

No need to explain, I think I get it now

And whats even funnier (to me anyway..but i have a twisted sense of humour
) is there is a full line of kitchen appliances called....yup...Smeg!

Smeg Stuff
edit on 15-9-2011 by shaolin_dragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I didn't really have a choice in the matter

Everything is working A-OK

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I highly doubt it. However, it does have the possibility of preventing some diseases, due to the nature of a "sheath", it is protective after all; (Hygiene is always a factor). This will not protect you from HIV.

Though I do agree that it reduces sexual desire and sensation, for both male and female. I've had some women tell me that the only time they had an orgasm during intercourse with a man, was when the man was circumcised. Never with a man that is cut.

I remember as I was growing up, pre-puberty, that I had a lot of pain down there, do to having no "sheath", and the constant rubbing against clothing, it was excruciating. No doubt a lot of nerve endings were subsequently destroyed, and the levels of sensation along with it. Honestly I feel like an incomplete man since I am circumcised, and I don't even know why I was, because my parents are not religious at all.

If I ever have a son, he will not be cut. I consider it barbaric, and a crime.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Foreskin is big business!

Foreskin fibroblasts are used to grow and cultivate new cells that are then used for a variety of purposes. From the fibroblasts new skin for burn victims can be grown, skin to cover diabetic ulcers, and controversially it is also used to make cosmetic creams and collagens. One foreskin can be used for decades to grow $100,000 worth of fibroblasts.

Link.....

www.associatedcontent.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is a big issue in South Africa at the moment, and there's a lot of pro-circumcision activism.
The Zulu king recently rescinded a ban on circumcision (imposed by king Shaka in the 1800's, because the healing period put his young warriors out of action). In Zimbabwe Robert Mugabe wants his entire male cabinet to be circumcised.

Researchers were first drawn to circumcision because infection rates in Muslim parts of Africa were lower. However, there could be a number of reasons for this other than circumcision, such as a different viral strain, or different sexual patterns.
Now the logic is that circumcision removes the cells at the bottom of the foreskin that easily pick up the virus, and the hardening of the glans prevents tearing.
However, not everyone is impressed.
The Treatment Action Campaign (an HIV/AIDS advocacy group) has criticized the campaigns as potentially misleading, and causing over-confidence in circumcised men.
Some would ask what the point is, if one must still wear a condom.

I'm somewhat skeptical (but couldn't care since I'm HIV-positive and circumcised already, and apparently for gay men it makes no difference): All the men of the Xhosa tribe are circumcised around puberty (in rituals that may themselves spread HIV via unclean knives), and they are just as heavily infected as the uncircumcised Zulu tribe. The heavy infections rates in the Xhosa tribal areas seem to clearly fly in the face of the pro-circumcision lobby, and they've never explained this contradiction.
There's almost a sense of a mystical embracing of a moralistic past in all of this, and I hope it doesn't go pear-shaped, just like most messages that dilute a clear condom message.
Gonna watch the video now -should be interesting!
edit on 15-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I didn't watch the vid, but out of all the men I have dated in my 35 years, only one was uncircumcised. All men were equally horny.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
You're obviously deluded. I'm hornier than a toad and everything works fine.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It's genital mutilation. End of story.

And:
www.associatedcontent.com ...

I'm uncircumcised and I can't imagine not having the skin there. All I can say is: Pain.
edit on 15-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by shaolin_dragon

I don't know about the others but you just made me laugh like crazy

I'm sorry, op, its a great and informative thread you have here.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsbeatsmoon
You're obviously deluded. I'm hornier than a toad and everything works fine.

Are you sure everything is working fine? Because you don't have a foreskin, you don't have anything protecting the head, and thus the head is drying out and losing sensitivity... Also your frenulum is most likely cut off due to your circumcision - and that is one of the most sensitive areas for sex...

Here is a link to more information (it has penis pictures)...

LINK

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Are you sure everything is working fine?

Yep.

Because you don't have a foreskin, you don't have anything protecting the head, and thus the head is drying out and losing sensitivity...

*checks*... Nope. Quite tender down there. Attempting to compare our relative tenderness is an exercise in futility. I can still find plenty of satisfaction.

Also your frenulum is most likely cut off due to your circumcision - and that is one of the most sensitive areas for sex...

The brain is a remarkable thing. Blind men have exceptional hearing. Deaf men have exceptional eyesight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join