It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever dreamed of being an object?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have and A LOT! I used to have a dream all the time when I was younger that I was a big bouncy ball in a huge dark room and I was bouncing in the corner. The room always looked so distorted and weird from the corner ,I was always quite disturbed after having that dream. I told my oldest son about it ,we are so connected we have a lot of similar dreams and experiences anyway he freaked out when I tried to described this dream. It's quite hard to describe being an inanimate object.

He told me as best he could tell he had always had a very similar dream. Also we both agreed it was one of those dreams that felt so real.

The more I think of the dream, I was more like a big squishy ball. I know it sounds strange but for some reason the diffrence seems important. Lol
edit on 16/9/2011 by SHABBYCAT because: weirdness

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ok, guess I'll settle for being Emma Watson's pillow. That way I could tell all my friends that I sleep with Emma Watson every night. I would become one of the most popular bro's in the world. I wouldn't have to buy my own beer anymore. Guys would kill to become like me.

I would be a brodal (bro idol)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Help! I'm a rock!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHABBYCAT
I have and A LOT! I used to have a dream all the time when I was younger that I was a big bouncy ball in a huge dark room and I was bouncing in the corner. The room always looked so distorted and weird from the corner ,I was always quite disturbed after having that dream. I told my oldest son about it ,we are so connected we have a lot of similar dreams and experiences anyway he freaked out when I tried to described this dream. It's quite hard to describe being an inanimate object.

He told me as best he could tell he had always had a very similar dream. Also we both agreed it was one of those dreams that felt so real.

Very odd, and a perfect example of one of these dreams! Why were you disturbed? Or do you mean just surprised? Do you ever dream of being anything or anyone else? Another person who posted up said they dream of being other people, genders and races. I also have dreams of being other people. I'm just wondering whether there's a difference between people who dream of being only themselves in different situations, and people who dream of being other things and persons. Not sure how I would even begin to differentiate the two type of dreamers, but this is a start.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Great song there. Thanks for sharing it. It's got a very dream-like or meditative quality to it as well. This is just my guess, but it's possible the song was inspired by hallucinogens like maybe '___'. I could be wrong, but with '___' in an altered state of mind it wouldn't surprise me if people believed they had turned into objects even while awake.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Well what I mean by disturbed is when id wake I always felt scared, and hopeless ,like I could not ever escape the room I, (the ball) ,was in and the room felt just empty and cold and really distorted. I don't remember feeling those things during the dream, just once I woke, for those few seconds it takes to fully wake from one of those too real dreams.

You know thinking now, this dream probably came from my pretty awful childhood. My oldest son having it is probably because he is such an empath where I am concerned . We have always been very connected.
edit on 16/9/2011 by SHABBYCAT because: stupid cell phone keyboard

edit on 16/9/2011 by SHABBYCAT because: same

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
reply to post by Phage

Great song there. Thanks for sharing it. It's got a very dream-like or meditative quality to it as well. This is just my guess, but it's possible the song was inspired by hallucinogens like maybe '___'. I could be wrong, but with '___' in an altered state of mind it wouldn't surprise me if people believed they had turned into objects even while awake.

Zappa claimed that he never used drugs of any sort.
There's little doubt that he tapped into something that most of us never get close to.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Perhaps it was an enchanted hat - one infused with a "magical" kind of ability or energy. I often have the feeling that some of our so-called "inanimate" objects are infused with consciousness. Call me crazy, but I keep my fav' teddy from childhood on my desk as I feel sorry to pack him away in a dark corner (he has a sorry look about him), and I only say good things about my car in front of my car in case I hurt its feelings...

We are all really atoms held together by magnetic forces, and our biological constructs are just put together differently to those non-biological constructs around us, even though everything have been created with the same building-blocks. There is really no reason to suggest that inanimate objects do not have an ability to carry a soul or consciousness or have the ability to experience life. My two CRAZY cents on the subject in any case...

Odo also comes to mind... perhaps you were a shape-shifter and only assumed the role of a hat in your dream... hmmm?

I have been many characters in my dreams as well - animal and plant-based, alien and human, male and female, though I cannot recall ever being an object.

My strangest character in dream? I was on another planet - a utopia of forests and clean air and evolved planetary caretakers. Each entity on the planet was born with two bodies - a male and a female version. Each entity could move its consciousness into one of these two bodily versions of its form at will, and could basically change gender via a sort of a strange exchange of energy. I could literally walk to my "closet" and change into my male version of my form and safely stow away my female body for later use. In my dream I understood clearly that each gender had a specific strength, and that my specie had developed the ability to tap into this strength by allowing each individual to assume a gender role of choice and at will in order to adapt to different situations in life. Weird - I know - but it made PERFECT sense in a sort of unbelievably huge way whilst I was dreaming.

Next time I dream I will be sure to assume the role of an androgynous hat. Less complicated that way.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
There's little doubt that he tapped into something that most of us never get close to.

That is for sure. I was introduced to his music just over ten years ago when I was barely in my twenties, and unfortunetly after his passing. This forum is perfect for dissecting some of his songs, I am sure his dreams are nothing like the rest of ours.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
reply to post by Phage

I was thinking that myself as I was typing,... that Zappa never did use drugs. I suppose he could have gotten the idea from a dream or from meditation itself. Meditation has the ability to take a person on a trip that's just as powerful (in some cases) as psilocibyn or '___'.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 2manyquestions Yah one time I dreamed I was a toilet thank god no one came in the bathroom

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
once I dreamed I was a toilet in the girls bathroom the girls knew it was me but still used me

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Dreamed I was a star once, dream didn't last long because I got frightened and woke up.

Though a better experience was when I smoked some salvia and it seemed like I became a part of the room.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join