It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever dreamed of being an object?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

i felt like being a cardboard once but i was not truly asleep at the time so it was not really a dream... it was like 1/2 dream state (more like in a deep meditation for i was trying out self hypnosis at that time)

but, i do remember when i was 3 or 4 years old i dreamed i was a tree (is that an object? hmmm)
it was a cut down tree (actually rooted out and laying on the ground) and they were going to make a living puppet like Pinocchio out of it (me)

i had that dream probably because mom was reading to me bedtime story about Pinocchio that night... hehe!

that was very long time ago (over 30 some years) so i do not remember what it felt like :/ i think i was not scared but, i was concerned if the carpenter was going to do a good job...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Sometimes I dream of being a sex object. Oh, wait, that's no dream.
That's a desire.

Nope, I never dreamed of being some sort of inanimate object. I seem to always be myself in my dreams, but in improbable situations.

Interesting. I wonder why some people are only themselves in their dreams, while others can take on other forms or personalities.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmilNomel

i felt like being a cardboard once but i was not truly asleep at the time so it was not really a dream... it was like 1/2 dream state (more like in a deep meditation for i was trying out self hypnosis at that time)

but, i do remember when i was 3 or 4 years old i dreamed i was a tree (is that an object? hmmm)
it was a cut down tree (actually rooted out and laying on the ground) and they were going to make a living puppet like Pinocchio out of it (me)

i had that dream probably because mom was reading to me bedtime story about Pinocchio that night... hehe!

that was very long time ago (over 30 some years) so i do not remember what it felt like :/ i think i was not scared but, i was concerned if the carpenter was going to do a good job...

While your dream may have been inspired by your story books, I think dreaming that you were a tree is odd and interesting enough. I'd consider that creative. Is it an object? Yes and no. Many people think of trees as living things. They grow, they change, they're "alive". An inanimate object does not change, is not perceived to be alive, and is not considered to have consciousness. BUT,.... a tree is different enough from being human that it could almost be considered the same as dreaming of being a hat. Very close!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Yup.............. Jessica Albas bra

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Gnarly dream man, i can only imagine. While growing up i had lots of strange dreams but never any like that. My dreams recently have all been future based. Many and many about comet Elenin, the last four i had actually and things regarding it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
No.

But sometimes I like to picture myself as a fly, bugging (excuse the pun) somebody out...

...That is, until I end up flying too close (from showing off in front of my other fly buddies) to a spider's web.

Not a happy-ending!

:'(

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by buildingthenations
Gnarly dream man, i can only imagine. While growing up i had lots of strange dreams but never any like that. My dreams recently have all been future based. Many and many about comet Elenin, the last four i had actually and things regarding it.

Maybe a much needed break from ATS Elenin threads is needed?
On a more serious note, what exactly do you dream about Elenin?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada
Yup.............. Jessica Albas bra

I'm sure many others share that dream.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I had a lucid dream once where I felt like a cloud (well I felt puffy). Does that count?
At first I felt like I was expanding and becoming floaty or somehow less solid. Then at a certain point it felt as though I had stopped expanding and just sort of bobbed about.

What was so strange about the entire thing is I couldn't isolate where I myself was located. Most people I think usually identify their conscious mind with their head. It felt like I had expanded to encapsulate the whole cloud. There was no central spot that I could identify as my thinking self. In fact there really wasn't even much thought. It was more just "being."

This gave me the thought afterwards that maybe "beingness is a conscious focus." It was definitely one of the stranger things I've experienced. But it was pretty fun!
edit on 16-9-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I guess the closest I've come is the ONLY dream I've had where I'm "me" as always but this time I'm
stuck/ trapped inside this brainless gangster's woman....seeing through her eyes at how I appeared was shocking
and I couldn't believe I could EVER be that person...I was completely disgusted yet couldn't affect her behavior
or leave!! Every other dream no matter what creature I am, I'm always me!! Don't think I'd care to be inanimate
though!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I am jacks bloody fist.

second.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Yep, I had a dream once that I was a shampoo bottle, and that I was on the wrong shelf. No joke!
Makes you wonder what was on my mind that night! Only time I remember being an object in a dream.
I have been many other people, man woman, present, past but that one took the cake.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

actually bro, ive only known about this site for 4 days, but I am quite the fan of Eschatology, and study alot of Revelations in the Bible and Well im religous first off, christian. And i think God could be at work.

But in my First dream, i walked outside of some random brick house and tons and tons of people were gathered and looking up at the sky, and i look up to see what it all was about and of course it was Elenin, And it was huge, and for some reason it was night time, and Elenin was taking up probably 2/3rds of the sky, and Elenin had a smaller round object orbiting around it. As it drew near everyone started to panic and go crazy, and randomly i was running and ran into my brother, and i grabbed him by the shoulders and stared him in the face and said, "look God is real. This is all happening, Will you help me tell people and spread the word" something like that, and he said yes he would, and thats all i remember.

Then my second dream, It was night time again also, and my brother was also there again and we were standing on some type of hill in a field. And we were looking up at the stars and constellations, and i showed him the Leo constellation(where Elenin was located at the time), and in the midst of it was Elenin a far off shining a different color than the rest of the stars, and once again it had another tiny object orbiting around it. And i told him look, there it is, we have to testify to people,and spread the word of God. He is real. and thats about all i can remember.

Then my third dream i had, I was once again inside some sort of brick building and i was walking outside the door and i noticed some of my family members were out there looking up at the sky. I distinctly remember both my aunts and uncle, Mom, and my Grandmother. And when i looked up i saw a constellation, and the stars began to move and form a type of thing that looked like a dragon head, and elenin was apart of it, (I think the red dragon stated in revelations in the Bible) and suddenly the stars started to slowly dissappear and fade away, then all the sudden the earth started acting strange and locusts or some type of small bug creatures were all flying past me and my family. And i knowing what it all was, Rushed them all inside the house, but my uncle stayed out there, so i ran back out in the midst of everything and forcefully pushed him inside the house. We were all then watching outside the windows at the sky and watching the Sun, and could see as Elenin approached it and completely swallowed it in size, once again probably 2/3 of the sky, and it looked as if WE(Earth) was about to run into Elenin. But we did not. Then once Elenin passed i was watching the sun and it made some sort of pulse, like it jolted something kinda similar to and EMP. And i watched as a solar flare lashed out and hit somewhere on the world a far off, and i heard destruction and fires and people screaming, and the sun did it a second time, and that solar flare hit as well, and i heard the same things from the world and people. Then the third time the sun did this, the flare hit the area where me and my family were at, and the house was destroyed for the most part but i remember me being perfectly fine. But i remember looking over and my grandmother was hurt and very badly burned, So i ran over, and sprawled out myself over her to protect her, and i think thats when i woke up..

pretty crazy, i believe i had another but ive forgotten it:/ those are the three that really stood out to me.
Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
In before...
Angelina Jolies tampon..

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I've always dreamed of becoming a girl....

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by buildingthenations

Wow, wonderful detail! I was able to imagine all of it quite clearly. Thanks for sharing that. Seems like they were very vivid dreams, and something anyone would be hard-pressed to forget. The thing that bothers me with these dreams is that there's no way of knowing if it's prophetic, a memory from some other time far away, or if it's just a scenario that you thought up after reading a news article, combined with some movie or story you read months or years before. Sounds pretty frightening.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Yep, I had a dream once that I was a shampoo bottle, and that I was on the wrong shelf. No joke!
Makes you wonder what was on my mind that night! Only time I remember being an object in a dream.
I have been many other people, man woman, present, past but that one took the cake.

Excellent! That's exactly what I was looking for. How funny,... we've both dreamed of being someone, and even something else. I wonder what that says about us, and I wonder why some people only dream of being themselves, while others can dream of being just about anything or anyone. Never thought about that. I hope I see more responses from both sides just so I can compare and figure out the difference.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
I've always dreamed of becoming a girl....

In a dream or in waking life? Both seem to be good possibilities these days.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Sexist joke deflected

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
Sexist joke deflected

Sorry.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join