It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever dreamed of being an object?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Odd question, but I was wondering if any of you have ever dreamed of being an object. I once dreamed I was a Mexican hat (maybe a smaller sombrero?). It was a long time ago so I don't remember what it felt like, all I remember is seeing things from the perspective of a hat being passed to an older Mexican man standing outside of his house. It must have been a hundred years ago. The man wore older style Mexican clothing. He wasn't rich, but he wasn't dirt poor either. His house was a bright white, and the ground was desert soil. It was sunny outside. That's as much as I can remember.

I've dreamed of being other people, different ages and even the opposite gender, but dreaming of being an object seems odd. I don't hear people talk about that too much. Anyone here with something similar?

EDIT to add that I tried doing a search on the internet to see if anyone else has dreamed of being an object, but so far no luck. If I come across something interesting, I'll post up.
edit on 15-9-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Come to think of it I don't think I ever have. Like you I have dreamt of being other people, races, genders. I even dream of being an animal usually a dog but object? No never.

Seems weird because I have very very strange dreams.

S&F for making me think.

ALS

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

I had a dream last week that i was a slug and everything looked like I was in dora and i dont remember all of it but i remember this big ordeal about crossing a hill....

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I dreamed I was the Icosahedron...beautifully sided...glowing and spinning on my axis...(hee hee) I said axis!

Seriously good thought though!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
i dont think i have ever dreamed of being an object but i once had a dream that i was being eaten by a giant banana, no joke, thats some weird role reversal for ya. and when i was a kid i had a recurring dream about a brick wall that blocked off the road were i lived and sitting on top was a load of puppets and ther was a big portal in the middle of the wall that i jumped into before waking up. too much cheese and sesame street i think lol

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I dreamt I was a chair one time...luckily no one sat on me.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Come to think of it I don't think I ever have. Like you I have dreamt of being other people, races, genders. I even dream of being an animal usually a dog but object? No never.

Seems weird because I have very very strange dreams.

S&F for making me think.

ALS

Now if it ever happens, you'll pay attention.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

I had a dream last week that i was a slug and everything looked like I was in dora and i dont remember all of it but i remember this big ordeal about crossing a hill....

Your dream makes me think; "Where the hell do we get these ideas???" I imagine even small hills for snails are a big accomplishment. Have you thought it the past about what it might be like to be a snail, or was it completely out of left field?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
I dreamed I was the Icosahedron...beautifully sided...glowing and spinning on my axis...(hee hee) I said axis!

Seriously good thought though!

How interesting! That's definitely an odd object to embody. Were there any surroundings, or were you just spinning in empty space? Any back story?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Surprisinlgy no, and I have been having some odd dreams as of late.

Thank you though for actually making me think, as of right now i'm trying to remember being an object in a dream, but i can't. S&F

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That is really interesting. I've never dreamed of being an object. I just want to make it clear, but you were actually the hat? It wasn't like you were floating above the hat and were just watching the hat like a movie?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
i dont think i have ever dreamed of being an object but i once had a dream that i was being eaten by a giant banana, no joke, thats some weird role reversal for ya. and when i was a kid i had a recurring dream about a brick wall that blocked off the road were i lived and sitting on top was a load of puppets and ther was a big portal in the middle of the wall that i jumped into before waking up. too much cheese and sesame street i think lol

That banana dream is pretty odd. Did it hurt? What did it feel like, if anything?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaberz
That is really interesting. I've never dreamed of being an object. I just want to make it clear, but you were actually the hat? It wasn't like you were floating above the hat and were just watching the hat like a movie?

I was definitely the hat. I had no control over where I went and how I got there. It was a weird but very interesting perspective. Up until then I never even thought about what it might be like to be a hat (or an object in general), because I don't perceive things like that as being alive or conscious. When I was a kid I thought that way about toys, but never hats, clothing or furniture for example.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeepYourAnonymity
Surprisinlgy no, and I have been having some odd dreams as of late.

Thank you though for actually making me think, as of right now i'm trying to remember being an object in a dream, but i can't. S&F

If you're the type who remembers most of your dreams, I think you'd remember something like this. Dreams usually have that effect on you that make you say "WTH??? In retrospect that makes no sense", but when you have one of these it will leave you completely perplexed.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

to be honest i dont remember getting past his lips, i either woke up or just cant remember. i havent dreamt much lately that i can remember, but the last few dreams i can recall all involved me saving people in a post apocalyptic world, one time due to aliens , another zombies and another nuclear fallout, weird, i must have a thing for being the hero lol

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Sometimes I dream of being a sex object. Oh, wait, that's no dream.
That's a desire.

Nope, I never dreamed of being some sort of inanimate object. I seem to always be myself in my dreams, but in improbable situations.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
No.

But sometimes I like to picture myself as a fly, bugging (excuse the pun) somebody out...

...That is, until I end up flying too close (from showing off in front of my other fly buddies) to a spider's web.

Not a happy-ending!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Maybe my ego is just strong, but of all the dreams I remember, not one of them involve me being something other than myself.

I may be put into situations that would never happen in real life, but I still identify my perspective as myself.

Though I very regularly have a recurring dream where I am a soldier fighting in a battle on the edge of some major city. I think Moscow but not sure. I don't remember who I was fighting but there are tanks everywhere however I am ground infantry I guess. All of a sudden I see a bright flash and look towards the city and see a mushroom cloud forming above it, and a shock wave that is slowly moving towards me. I just stand there till its about to hit me and then I wake up.

No idea what it means. The first time I had it I was in the middle of reading a book that involved aliens nuking several major cities. However I have had it a few times a months since the first time in January-ish of this year.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
No.

But sometimes I like to picture myself as a fly, bugging (excuse the pun) somebody out...

...That is, until I end up flying too close (from showing off in front of my other fly buddies) to a spider's web.

Not a happy-ending!

You picture yourself this way in waking life, or you dream of being a fly? I used to have dreams where I found myself flying through a humongous space. Things (giants? In one case a huge robot) would try to swat at me, so I would try to get as close to the ceiling as possible. I didn't think of it at the time, but now I feel that maybe I was a fly or insect of some sort in somebody's house, trying not to get killed. The flying part was amazing, but being swatted at was no fun.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreezingVoid
Maybe my ego is just strong, but of all the dreams I remember, not one of them involve me being something other than myself.

I may be put into situations that would never happen in real life, but I still identify my perspective as myself.

Though I very regularly have a recurring dream where I am a soldier fighting in a battle on the edge of some major city. I think Moscow but not sure. I don't remember who I was fighting but there are tanks everywhere however I am ground infantry I guess. All of a sudden I see a bright flash and look towards the city and see a mushroom cloud forming above it, and a shock wave that is slowly moving towards me. I just stand there till its about to hit me and then I wake up.

No idea what it means. The first time I had it I was in the middle of reading a book that involved aliens nuking several major cities. However I have had it a few times a months since the first time in January-ish of this year.

Very interesting! I enjoy having dreams like that, because it makes me wonder if in some past or future, or other-dimensional life I might have actually experienced this. (Huge stretch, but I like keeping an open mind) I like the detail you give of your dream. Do you remember what year it might have been, maybe according to the clothing you were wearing? It's very possible that the book you were reading might have influenced your dream, but who really knows?

I once dreamed that I was a young boy, maybe age 12 or 13. I was wearing a white military uniform (Navy?), and I was with my dad (not my actual dad) and some General who was about to award me a medal. We were standing in an empty concrete building on the second floor when suddenly the sirens went off. We planned on running to the harbor and jump into a submarine that was in the harbor to save ourselves, but there was no time. Suddenly there was a very bright flash, a shock wave, flames, and I woke up. The building we were standing in was bombarded.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join