It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Nasca Lines" Discovered

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

They stretch from Syria to Saudi Arabia, can be seen from the air but not the ground, and are virtually unknown to the public.They are the Middle East's own version of the Nazca Lines — ancient "geolyphs," or drawings, that span deserts in southern Peru — and now, thanks to new satellite-mapping technologies, and an aerial photography program in Jordan, researchers are discovering more of them than ever before. They number well into the thousands.

I just saw this on yahoo news and thought I would share it with you guys. No one knows why these "wheels" were put here in the first place but they stretch from Saudi Arabia all the way to Syria. Here's something for the ancient astronaut theorists to take a shot at. You guys should take a look at the article. Fascinating to say the least.

news.yahoo.com...

Kind Regards,
TokyoDynamite

edit on 15-9-2011 by tokyodynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
these look a lot like the space ship and coin that are donut shaped - with hole in center.
wondering if they are trying to portray that?

edit: tried to post a photo of what i'm talking about but the photo page isn't working. it was the craft you see in nasa video that pulsates with a center hole type apparatus/visual.
edit on 9/15/2011 by zooplancton because: added comment.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

This too was my first thought.
It reminded me of Ezekiel's wheel.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Interesting. My first possible purpose would be strange landscape layouts. Rock gardens of sorts? The various diameters may be a way of assigning value to a given owner? I dunno? Just guessing. Cool find whatever they may be. Thanks. S&F

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Topic is being covered here, way to keep the discovery up, the conclusion most have come to over on that thread is corrals of some sort....seems to geometric in the middle for the "spokes". But eh check the link above

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: double post

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tokyodynamite

They look like they could be encampments

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
To me the one on the bottom looks like a drawing of a cartoon kid about to blow chunks !!

I wonder how the google earth nerds havnt found this before now? Yeah yeah I know the earth is big, but there have been google earth pictures found of all kinds of random crazy little stuff.

Cool none the less though.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Why were the ancient people such terrible artists?
Everything seems to be abstract art or stick figures.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Defineatly fortifications of some sorts.

Are they concave or convex?

Cool link either way.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
These are very neat to look at. I have only seen the one picture provided in the link. They do appear to be wheels, but I am not convinced they were built for the purpose of aerial viewing.

It could possibly be seperate settlements and the roads or ancient walls that ran throughout the settlement. I can't be certain, but I think I remember seeing similar aerial photos of similar villages in Africa somewhere.

Ever seen a modern subdivision from the air?
edit on 16-9-2011 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Is it just me, or do we seem to be discovering stuff like this at an accelerated rate?!

S&F

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
Is it just me, or do we seem to be discovering stuff like this at an accelerated rate?!

S&F

No... everything is being revealed for 2012 i reckon.... we are going to see something special.... dont know what but i look forward to it...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Perhaps they are simply the remnants of stone walls built around places where people lived.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
They really reminded me of the adams calendar by Tellinger

Pictures here

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
We've had satellites in space for decades and they are just now discovering this? I see some red flags here. NASA and other organizations never mentioned this. Also is this visible on Google Earth? seems like this has been "covered up" for some time. There could be an extraterrestrial connection.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Greensboro1978 because: add text

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

A little search showed me that this has been known since, at least, the 1980s, so it's not really a new discovery.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensboro1978
Also is this visible on Google Earth?

Look here, I think this is part of that area.

That whole section (that darker square) on Google Earth has those formations.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I read someone's comment on that webpage for that Article and someone claiming to be an expert on the
matter said that he already knew about them and that they were Nomadic campsites used for trapping and butchering animals.

These structures were built and they most likely took not the most novice level of time and effort. They are also in some of the most remote locations in the middle of desert countries.

Camps used by Nomads? This isn't ACT II of Diablo 2!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Just the remains of ancient enclosures for food animals.

edit on 17-9-2011 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join