It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

188 Days, it happened

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akasirus

Originally posted by OhNoItsCritical
I actually haven't heard of this 188 day earthquake theory. Has there already been 188 days of consistent quakes? I thought earthquakes happened almost every day around the world anyways?

Someone predicted that every 188 days there would be a significant earthquake, based on the fact there was a large quake 188 days after the Japan quake. However, they left open their definition of significant, and due to the incredibly general guidelines of this 'theory' people are still dinging onto it because it 'seems to fit'.

There are on average three 5.0-5.9 earthquakes every day, one 6.0-6.9 quake every 3 days, and a 7.0-7.9 every 22. It would be odd not to see a major earthquake every 188 days, depending on your definition of major. Just look here to see how many events have happened this year alone: Significant Earthquakes Worldwide - 2011

There are significant quakes (as designated by the USGS) happening every couple of days. No one has really explained why this is anything weird or unusual, or been able to point out any actual statistical anomalies, they just keep falsely perpetuating the idea that earthquakes are becoming more frequent or predictable.

until now

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Let's wait and see...

If a quake with magnitude of 8.1 or above strikes in the next predicted date, and causes much damage, I will be forced to believe in this theory.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

Here is a nice little video re the 188 day theory

Doesn't look to good for the theory

<< 3  4  5   >>

join