It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

188 Days, it happened

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Akasirus

Never said it was a word for word match .The 1 came from the first earthquake of the series being discussed which "began in Concepion".

Never said it was a word for word match. And yes i know the verses were not numbered until 1551.

No i never think, or do anything arbitrary.

Sometimes If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethesquare

Originally posted by np6888

Limit significant to 7.0+. Now don't you find it odd that EVERY 7.0+ quakes occur when three celestial bodies line up? Dr Mensur has proven that.

it's been proven for all 17 7+ quakes this year? link please.

Yeah I'm going to have to ask for that as well, if you don't mind. Because what you're stating is not at all what he demonstrates in his paper. .

I looked at his paper, and he states the same alignment was linked to two earthquakes that were nearly 2 weeks apart. The alignments are stretched so far and the parameters so loose there would literally be more days in his calendar that occur during planetary alignments than those that don't.

Yet even with all is extra leeway, this still only holds true for magnitude 7 earthquakes in 2010 only. For it to hold true for the last decade, the parameters have to be set to only include magnitude 8 quakes or higher. This does not mean that celestial alignments cause larger quakes, it means that the smaller sample size the more likely allege dates are to fall within the planetary alignments timeframes. Limiting the sample to M8 gives you a whopping 14 quakes that have to match up, and given the alignments it is statistically more likely than not they would happen on or near days of alignments.

The reason he can't go back any further than one year with M7 and ten years with M8 is because his theory completely falls apart with a larger sample size; you can throw sixes a few times in a row and get lucky, but if you keep rolling it's going to point out the errors in your thinking.

So ALL 7.0+ earthquakes PROVED as occurring during 3 celestial alignments? Not even close. The best that can be said is that all magnitude 7 or higher quakes during 2010 happened on or near celestial alignments. Even at that, correlation does not Imply causation. He even stated in his paper that he declined to include statistical analysis of probabilities, because due to the small size it would have undermined his theory.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Sure maybe your right friend , is just arbitrary, random, coincidences.

And maybe also is arbitrary, or coincidence that the largest cities closest to epicenters of the 3 - 188 day earthquakes discussed are.

Concepion
Christchurch
Sendai - "Thousand generations"

Have spent a lifetime gambling, and some bets would not want to take.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dpage

Never said it was a word for word match .The 1 came from the first earthquake of the series being discussed which "began in Concepion".

Never said it was a word for word match. And yes i know the verses were not numbered until 1551.

No i never think, or do anything arbitrary.

Sometimes If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck

Thanks for not answering any of the questions that would have shown how you didn't arbitrarily create a system to match up the earthquake with that passage. I'll just take your word for it, even though it looks very much to me like that's exactly what you did.

I could literally pick any verse in the bible and find a way to match it up to one of the earthquakes, it really doesn't mean anything, I don't even know why you posted it.

And I have no idea what you are trying to say by your last sentence. I think you need to learn some more idioms, because the one you chose to use just doesn't fit.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dpage

Sure maybe your right friend , is just arbitrary, random, coincidences.

And maybe also is arbitrary, or coincidence that the largest cities closest to epicenters of the 3 - 188 day earthquakes discussed are.

Concepion
Christchurch
Sendai - "Thousand generations"

Have spent a lifetime gambling, and some bets would not want to take.

See, this here is exactly what is so incredibly frustrating to me. It is so easy to take a small set of events and tie them together after the fact. There isn't one major city in the world that doesn't perpetuate a sin that you couldn't have used to say that God wiped them out because they are sinners.

So if there are not any major cities in the world that could have been destroyed where you could not have made a similar claim, how can you possibly derive anything meaningful from this statement, statistically or not?
edit on 17-9-2011 by Akasirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Yes your correct , is no city in the world , or person who hasn't sinned. Is the whole world. I have been a big one that's for sure.
I don't think it is related directly to any one of those cities. Just another sign of the times. The names speak for themselves.
With everything else going on in the world, sure seem to be alot of coincidences, or arbitrary things happening, not only with these earthquakes. With all the talk of end times everywhere, Elenin, 2012 etc.
Looking at Revelation seemed appropriate, and is another strange coincidence it seems, especially when you consider the verse numbers were made in 1551.
Can only hope for the best , and prepare for the worst.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have already posted about this so called 188 day theory and while I found it interesting, I did not find it credible to accept. I provided my explanation in a response to an earlier thread and outlined why such a 188 day theory is in no way justified.

Here is a link to my post regarding why this theory is not valid.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

While many have accepted this theory without even checking the numbers, it to explains to me why so many are so easily deceived or accept theories based solely on whether its believable or not. Some want to believe so badly that they do not check their data to see if it could be true or whether it is inaccurate as it is in this case.

While many want to attribute some theory of 188 days to earthquakes, I would ask all those that actually think such a thing to consider the following.

Too many are too quick to accept that some object like Comet Elenin and all the so called alignment earthquakes have to be somehow linked together.

I do not believe that any alignment that has been attributed to Comet Elenin has had anything to do with our earthquakes.

What I do suspect is that secret tectonic weapons, perhaps combined with HAARP are causing the earthquakes as a means of deceiving the public into believing that a Comet is causing all the earthquakes when it is not.

Just checking on the simple facts could substantiate this confusion, but alas, too many want to be like everyone else and in doing so they join the band wagon that is playing the wrong tune.

This 188 day theory is not a valid theory and anyone who says, "Oh well, one day don't matter" just don't understand theories of this sort.

Read my posting and don't fall for the inaccurate claims of repeated earthquakes on such dates.

There would have been ample earthquakes to select from on Sept. 15, whether it was a 188 day period or not.

So go figure, why is this so important? Well, it isn't in my book because it does not pass the 188 day test and claiming some earthquake that happened verifies such a theory is ludicrous.

189 days is not 188 and if the 188 day is not consistent, then it can not be used as was used in this so called theory of 188 days equals some earthquake.

Thanks for the thread, but really, checking dates and numbers should be a simple thing to do if indeed you truly wanted to learn the truth as opposed to just swallowing some malarkey as truth.

Lastly I would add, what does a 188 day period mean if anything? Nothing in my book. It does not relate to numerological numbers and it is not some important finding that reveals anything about what is going on.

This 188 day theory has no religious value and while many will try to say that they have broken some code, all I can say is that they haven't broken any code and the theory is so weak, I am amazed anyone actually swallowed this claim in the first place.

While this claim will be used by those with an agenda or who wish to profiteer with their radio station talk shows and or ministries, it is this type of overzealous embellishment of the truth that confuses so many and does more harm than good.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You all DO realize how the Richter scale works, right?
So many arguments over what a powerful quake is and what is not.

It works in multiples of 31.5
So, if you had a 1.0 quake,
you'd multiply it's power by 31.5
in order to then be able to classify it as a 2.0

4.0 and 5.0 are NOWHERE near the same:
4.0 = x (times) 31.5 = 5.0

So if you had a 4.0 earthquake with a "power grade" of only '2',
a 7.0 would equal a "power grade" of over 62500!!!

comparing the 7.3 quake to anything less is insane.
edit on 17-9-2011 by SoulVisions because: made easier to understand.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

While I have always respected your posts the increase in day could be put down to the speeding up of 'unknown'. This would increase the day count. If it slowed down this would decrease the day count.

It's a tiny variable that, yes, discredits the simple 188 day theory, but that theory, if based around an alignment between Sun, Earth and 'Unknown' would mean this object would be maintaining the same speed the whole time. Wouldn't we have to assume though that the object would start speeding up the closer it gets to our Inner Solar system?

I believe the answer lies in the Third Fatima which the Pope refuses to release because "What good would it do anybody?".

Ok here's my theory

Chile = 8.8
New Zealand = 7.1
Japan = 9.0 (which is +0.2 from previous full rotation)
Fiji = 7.3 (which is +0.2 from previous full rotation)

You know what the difference is?

The side of the Sun we are on.

With Chile and Japan, Earth was Between the Sun and 'Unknown' object = Earth being pulled on both sides
With New Zealand and Fiji, Sun was between Earth and 'Unknown' object = Earth being pulled on only one side

Makes sense to me. The effect isn't as strong because we aren't in between the 2 energetic bodies.

+

I worked out Elenins alignments more precisely. It seems Elenin has either changed speed over the months or there is another factor I am not comprehending.

The below are 2D alignment dates as precise as I can get them:

Aug 23, 2008 + 181days =
Feb 20, 2009 + 188days (seems to have sped up) =
Aug 27, 2009 + 183days (Then slowed down) =
Feb 27, 2010 + 191days (Then sped up again) =
Sep 5, 2010 + 190days (Then slightly slowed down) =
Mar 14, 2011 + 196days (Then sped up again) =
Sep 26, 2011........

This speeding up and slowing down could be attributed to maybe a 'rubber band' effect on the Comet from 'Nibiru's' magnetic/gravitational field pull vs our Sun's pull.

I don't know but I think I may be onto something. How does a comet slow down and speed up like that without being under intelligent control? How does NASA get that info from that far back anyway?

You'd have to say some sort of interaction with our massive gravitational object, the Sun, and another unknown object of large mass/gravity.
edit on 17-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

And 7 days off the new or full moon is not the new or full moon. The moon only has 28days to its cycle. You cant cut a third out and call it close. No quake in So Cal on the 15th. The ring of fire, which is the area you indicated is where 98% of all quakes on earth will take place. How big a stretch is it to predict an EQ in this area on any give day? There is nothing to the supposed alignments of comet Elenin and earth. The comet has all but disolved on its trip to the sun. It was only a little comet in the first place and larger and closer comets have never had any effect on the earths plates.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Ahh, Comet hasn't disintegrated. Check my signature. And following this theory the events arent related to the Comet but to the 'other' possible object out there.
edit on 18-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
7.3 isnt hardly Epic...

Yeah its friggin horrible...

But its not a 9.0...

9.0 = Epic

But a 7.3... Those occur on quite a normal level

That any prediction or system would be right for predicting them... after all Earth is a vast place...

So in the nature of that... In 20 days I predict a Mag 6.8 +

Somewhere on Earth

edit on 9/15/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

Ok that is a bit creepy.
Magnitude 6.9 quake occurs in Sikkim,India.
Magnitude 6.9 Sikkim,India
That is just plain creepy.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wraith257

Originally posted by EvolEric
7.3 isnt hardly Epic...

Yeah its friggin horrible...

But its not a 9.0...

9.0 = Epic

But a 7.3... Those occur on quite a normal level

That any prediction or system would be right for predicting them... after all Earth is a vast place...

So in the nature of that... In 20 days I predict a Mag 6.8 +

Somewhere on Earth

edit on 9/15/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

Ok that is a bit creepy.
Magnitude 6.9 quake occurs in Sikkim,India.
Magnitude 6.9 Sikkim,India
That is just plain creepy.

So far, so good.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hey,....
where is our quake?
sooo frustrating when the future doesn't happen

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
03/22/2012 is just around the corner. How about a bump? Although Fiji was a bit mild for this theory, it should be interesting to see if anything else pans out.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Shake*Rattle*Roll??? Everyone waiting on the big one? Well a larger quake anyway. Lots of shaking going on this last week, and March 22, 2012(edit) I believe is the 188 day mark. Not sure if this theory is correct but it sure is close..I will be watching.
edit on 21-2-2012 by lyons666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

You crack me up.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
A 7.3 directly under your ass,
gonna bring your walls down, my friend.

Depends on where and how strong the building codes are.

7.3 is Northridge quake strong. The crap houses came down and the well built ones rode it out just fine. Funny thing is size of the house didn't seem to matter mcmansions can be poorly made too.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Well, March 22nd is the next alignment.

Oh, don't worry. I crack myself up too. We'll see if this nonsense has any importance in the very near future.

Hey, I'm glad I can make someone laugh. Even if it is at my own insanity.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Surfeit
03/22/2012 is just around the corner. How about a bump? Although Fiji was a bit mild for this theory, it should be interesting to see if anything else pans out.

yep

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join