It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

188 Days, it happened

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Okay, I don't know anything about Elenin etc except that there's a lot of noise and argument around it, and I have a very skeptical mind, but if these dates and magnitudes are correct, you don't need a comet or whatever to know that something very strange is definitely going on.

Now, I'm looking into verifying those dates and magnitudes myself, and also finding out how many 7+s happened between the 188 day period, but if this is accurate, it is surely something to make even the most cynical sit up and wonder.

Put it this way: how many times has a prediction made on ATS come true? I'm pretty new, but as far as I know...this is the only time. If these figures are accurate, something is happening here.
edit on 15-9-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button is my best friend

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

I even predicted the strength. But I assumed the location would rotate around and follow the same pattern as per the map.
edit on 15-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

you'd think there'd be an earthquake predicting app by now.
ok, seriously. if you discount the planet alignment and disregard nibiru/elenin element, you have a pattern of very high scale quakes taking place every 188 days. maybe the cycle just repeats near the vicinity of a previous large quake. the one in new zealand from last year is not that far from today's incident. in 188 days, if a significant quake hits around japan or chile, that would give another basis for consistent quake pattern. this whole thing is rather troubling.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

I'm annoyed that something has validated what I feel. I think I'm on the money with my post on page 1 as per below:

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by sepermeru

Please be real. A 7.3 is more significant than a 6.8. Whether it relates to the current situation is another matter but in all seriousness you have to give credit where it is due.

Chile = 8.8
New Zealand = 7.1
Japan = 9.0 (which is +0.2 from previous full rotation)
Fiji = 7.3 (which is +0.2 from previous full rotation)

You know what the difference is?

The side of the Sun we are on.

With Chile and Japan, Earth was Between the Sun and 'Unknown' object
With New Zealand and Fiji, Sun was between Earth and 'Unknown' object

Makes sense to me. The effect isn't as strong because we aren't in between the 2 energetic bodies.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Another close correlation:

360 Degrees in a Circle
365 Days in a Year
180 Degrees Half-Circle
188 Days between EarthQuakes
182.5 Days for Half-Year

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

Something even scarier!

Sept 15, 2011 + 188 days = March 22, 2012.

March 22, 2012 + 188 days = Sept 26-27, 2012. 1 full year after the exact Elenin alignment between Earth and Sun, which I suggest would be when Nibiru moves between the Sun and us.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Exactly, it's an orbital correlation. It has something to do with our orbit interaction.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Further to this. I just checked Elenins 2D alignments. From Aug 26, 2009 it goes 184 days to Feb 27, 2010 then 188 days to Sept 4, 2010 then 192 days to March 15, 2011 then 196 days to Sept 27, 2011.

Would this mean that the speed of Elenin increased? I would think so given it's approach to the sun.

So, now if the interaction our planet is having isn't with Elenin...and it comes into effect every 188 days then this would mean this object is moving slower than Elenin but still moving in orbit. If it was stationary we would see an effect every 182-183 days....but this isn't the case.

I wish I had the ability to work all this out mathematically.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

You don't reckon?

You deserve the "Captain Obvious Award"!

What part of

Yeah its friggin horrible...

But its not a 9.0...

Did you not understand?

A 7.3 is not a 9.0...

I never compared a 7.3 to the shaking of a washing machine...
I said it was "friggin Horrible"

But tell me... how many thousand times more powerful a 9.0 is?

Now that is Epic

A 9.0 will do more than just bring down your walls...

As far as this 188 day prediction...

Rubbish... purely...

Mag 7's happen and they arent that rare ,when you look at the planet as a whole...

if this 188 day prediction holds any merit...
Than your EQ is gonna be Epic... not a Mag 7ish

I personally hope its bull...
People wont die if its BS

-Peace be with you

edit on 9/15/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
there has to be a crop circle somewhere to join this fun

Jus sayin

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Have a read of why this one wasn't going to be epic. I gave my theory above and I believe it deserves some sort of amateurs merit. It's because the Sun is between us and the 'unknown' which is why it wasn't going to be epic.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Actually worked it out more precisely. It seems Elenin has either changed speed over the months or there is another factor I am not comprehending.

The below are 2D alignment dates as precise as I can get them:

Aug 23, 2008 + 181days
Feb 20, 2009 + 188days (seems to have sped up)
Aug 27, 2009 + 183days (Then slowed down)
Feb 27, 2010 + 191days (Then sped up again)
Sep 5, 2010 + 190days (Then slightly slowed down)
Mar 14, 2011 + 196days (Then sped up again)
Sep 26, 2011........

This speeding up and slowing down could be attributed to maybe a 'rubber band' effect on the Comet from 'Nibiru's' magnetic field pull vs our Sun's pull.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Hi guys and dolls.

I've browsed this forum on and off over the years and I like to keep an open opinion about most things, get both sides of the story and then decide myself from there. This whole Nibiru thing is getting on my nerves a little. Sure, any mythical spacial body may exist, and I've seen a few posts on this site where members challenge another to "prove it doesn't exist!". That argument can work on anything. I could come on and claim there is a giant snickers bar travelling at over 300,000mph which may collide with part of the milky way (delicious) with enough pull to throw us off our axis. Prove it doesn't exist? And no, I didn't join to mock anyone, far from it. I just felt I'd had enough of the desk-chair experts who seem to be far more prolific than I first thought. There are some brilliant individuals on this forum, and some who seem to regurgitate whatever scared them the most as fact. It's easy to be scared by something, and also easy to 'join the dots' with any data at all. But for the most part it's just a wild theory that seems to freak people here the most.

Back on topic, there are many claiming that the '188 day cycle' is in line with major quakes. Case in point, this thread. I'm not sure what peoples' opinions are on the USGS but I see them as fairly reliable? Forgive me if that causes another debate. However, according to their data there has been a total of 17 (seventeen) earthquakes this year with a magnitude of 7 or higher. In fact the only months this year when there wasn't a quake this large were Feb and May. How does this work into the theory? Being that the Fiji and NZ quakes were in the 7.x range? In 2010 there were 22 (twenty two) quakes of 7 or higher according to the data. Were they all during alignments of some description?

I will definitely agree there has been higher than normal seismic activity this year, and it's yet to be seen if there is another spacial body coming our way but let's not all panic and get depressed about it all. There are too many people hiding under their mattress which does nothing but destroy your quality of life. There are some ridiculous videos on YT that go beyond crackpot, and only serve to make vulnerable people go nuts.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by outsidethesquare

Agree 110% with you.

Move on people. Nothing to see here. Enjoy life.

How suspicious is it though that your first post on ATS is to discredit this thread. Hmmmm?

Sorry, thats how it goes on a conspiracy site.
edit on 16-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Agree 110% with you.

Move on people. Nothing to see here. Enjoy life.

How suspicious is it though that your first post on ATS is to discredit this thread. Hmmmm?

Sorry, thats how it goes on a conspiracy site.
edit on 16-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

You just summed up exactly what I'm talking about. Everything's a conspiracy right? So anyone that joins the site after viewing threads for years, with an opinion which differs from yours, is automatically 'in on it' right? That attitude is exactly what's stopped me from joining up to this point. Of course there are cover-ups that go on, my point is what does it achieve trying your hardest to prove we're all going to die? In relation to Nibiru anyway. My point is for people to realise there are always dangers around you, but if you focus on it and the negative aspects too much you will live in a state of depression your whole life. Psychology 101.

Re-read my post, I never once said it wasn't happening, I said no one knows, so why panic.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Reread my first two lines in reply to you. I agree with you. The rest is just me being 'stereotypically' an ATS'er.

I respect your opinion totally, and I thank you for giving it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
oh right, sorry i thought it was severe sarcasm

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethesquare
Hi guys and dolls.

I've browsed this forum on and off over the years and I like to keep an open opinion about most things, get both sides of the story and then decide myself from there. This whole Nibiru thing is getting on my nerves a little. Sure, any mythical spacial body may exist, and I've seen a few posts on this site where members challenge another to "prove it doesn't exist!". That argument can work on anything. I could come on and claim there is a giant snickers bar travelling at over 300,000mph which may collide with part of the milky way (delicious) with enough pull to throw us off our axis. Prove it doesn't exist? And no, I didn't join to mock anyone, far from it. I just felt I'd had enough of the desk-chair experts who seem to be far more prolific than I first thought. There are some brilliant individuals on this forum, and some who seem to regurgitate whatever scared them the most as fact. It's easy to be scared by something, and also easy to 'join the dots' with any data at all. But for the most part it's just a wild theory that seems to freak people here the most.

Back on topic, there are many claiming that the '188 day cycle' is in line with major quakes. Case in point, this thread. I'm not sure what peoples' opinions are on the USGS but I see them as fairly reliable? Forgive me if that causes another debate. However, according to their data there has been a total of 17 (seventeen) earthquakes this year with a magnitude of 7 or higher. In fact the only months this year when there wasn't a quake this large were Feb and May. How does this work into the theory? Being that the Fiji and NZ quakes were in the 7.x range? In 2010 there were 22 (twenty two) quakes of 7 or higher according to the data. Were they all during alignments of some description?

I will definitely agree there has been higher than normal seismic activity this year, and it's yet to be seen if there is another spacial body coming our way but let's not all panic and get depressed about it all. There are too many people hiding under their mattress which does nothing but destroy your quality of life. There are some ridiculous videos on YT that go beyond crackpot, and only serve to make vulnerable people go nuts.

Peace.

Hey there, welcome to the madhouse

While I understand to a certain extent your reaction, I don't think anyone is hiding under their mattresses... I doubt they're even stocking up on emergency supplies... It's merely an intriguing topic that is very entertaining to discuss, and that's all we're doing here is discussing it. I might come on here one day and post "wow now THAT is spooky!" Or "This may be the end folks..." But i guarantee you I'm not taking any real serious action without some real convincing evidence, and I don't expect, or suspect, that anyone else is either. Fear is entertainment. See: horror films, Stephen king novels, vampires in pop culture... We want to believe that we will survive through something incredibly dangerous one day because life is so monotonous these days, we don't want to believe that we are gonna die without experiencing something wild and unusual. That's why a lot of younger guys will say they wish they could live in the wild west days of the 1800s in America. You could get shot at any moment, or be forced to shoot someone in self defense at any time. It's a thrill... Nobody wants to love a boring life so we are all looking for some excitement. But don't worry, deep down we all know this is mostly fantasy, with a small chance of it actually happening. That small chance is what keeps us going, gives us some small refuge from the predictable, controlled environment we have created for ourselves... It doesn't mean we are all sick in the head... Just 100, 200 years ago, and going back tens of thousands of years before that life was a lot more dangerous, and its in our genes to be looking for that danger and talking amongst our peers about it and how to prepare for it. So we, as a species, are just used to being in danger, and if there is no immediate danger, after a while we will start to accept something that had a small propability of happening to take the position of being "that danger". But it doesn't mean we are all out there selling everything we own to buy guns and going out to sirvive in a cave... We just like to talk about the possibility of it because its so exciting. And before someone tries the argument of "there are some gullible people out there and you are harming them somehow with your banter..." These people will just find something else to over react about so I feel no guilt what so ever for anyone who commits suicide or whatever. Call it natural selection if you must. Now, I'm not belittling this topic when I say most of us are in it for entertainment value. We all know that, with the infinite possibilities of the universe, this scenario could be happening. The reaches of space and even... TBC..

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

Continued from last post due to max character count being reached:

....and even the ground beneath us contain many, many unknowns. And that's what we do here. We disciss the unknown.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

No problems. You'll be accused of far worse during your time here. Maybe toughen those defensive reactions a wee bit otherwise you'll lose sight of what message you are trying to get across. I'm not a troll but they are here, as you have probably witnessed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join