It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing Respect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Never done a rant - here goes...

In the last few days in heated back and forth's here on ATS, I have come across some examples where people have quoted articles, made claims, posted outside source text, made specific comments etc. that in the end were very easily found out to not be true.

Some admitted just making stuff up, some refuse to acknowledge what they posted and some refused to understand their own words even when you quote them...

I am not an A#1 member here, but I just want to point out to everyone who doesn't get it that you will be caught in a lie here on ATS. There are too many "hounds" who actually scrub the links and sources and dig - for all of us, myself included, don't post falsehoods that can be proven with a simple click of a link.

It makes one lose respect for the poster.

CJ

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

notice this too. but that's okay. makes separating the wheat from the chaff easier. people show their hand on the poker table, you see they've got nothing. next time, you just skip the post when you see that avatar.

flip side: the really good posters stick in your memory too, and quickly become personal favorites.

from day one i've been here there was posts linked to tabloids and questionable blogs, etcetera. so i don't expect much to begin with. just like over-blown National Enquirer type of Headlines so many OP's use. seems like it's par for the course.

that's the price one pays to get to have direct post privilege. if everything was first okayed or denied by Mods the site would have a different tone. the way it is, the lesser OP's fall to the garbage pile by themselves, it just takes a little time.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Hi LargeFries! Thanks for your post - I agree with the wheat/chaff but some of the people I have caught out have really suprised me - I know I can't name names, but these are "bronze.silver,gold" people.

I love when people disagree - it doesn't bother me, it is fun...just keep it clean and simple!

CJ

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Everyone has their own opinions and what "truth" is...and what some find reliable sources ..other do not..

It makes me confused when so many people here say the main stream media is full of lies..yet they want "respectable " sources for the information they get.

If other sources are used..they are considered "unworthy"

Some people are misinformed..no doubt.. but that is not the same as lying.

Many lie(or twist the truth) about things that cannot be verified..such as personal stories,etc..

Its unfortunate..but that's the way it is..

Most of us are looking for truth here..some may think they have the truth..others will disagree.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

wow...I think you're over reacting a bit..why is that?

I made some very clear points about the "links"... and some valid points about personal stories...

Its your problem if you choose to take it so personally..not mine.

How many stories have you read about poltergeist....ghosts....some alien encounters..that made you wonder if it was all entirely true?

Not saying they weren't true..but these stories are hard to verify....and considering humans exaggerate....or see things from their own perspective...I think what I said is valid.

I'm sorry it upset you so much..but this is a thread on an open board..and I have a right to an opinion..

You also mention that I am not who I say I am..care to explain that further?

Seems like you are sending out disinfo on that subject...which makes you guilty of what you are ranting against.

edit on 15-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I like this michael jackson video I hear bubbles directed it and LaToya did wardrobe. May have also heard Sarah Palin was the creative director, but I may be wrong.

edit on 16-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If you don't have an invite, here is how you get in:

CJ

top topics

join