It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Atheist Told Oprah: Demons Were Dragging Me To Hell!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I've had OBE's since birth and "experiences".

The thing is - - once you have them - - then you have to interpret them.

I've had experiences of a tall man in a long white robe speaking to me in a protective manner. I could - interpret this man as Jesus. I don't.

I do believe there are multiple energy levels of existence. So I do believe there would be levels of "dark" energy. If I had the same experience as this man - - I would not interpret it as Hell.

It is this man's choice to interpret it as Hell. It does in no way mean he is correct or that Hell really exists - - - in the biblical sense.

Have you the ability to get into this man's head? That you know exactly what he was going through? It would seem to me that a statement like this is an arrogant view. None of us can know what the other is experiencing and it is close minded to make an assertion as that.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

Originally posted by Annee
I've had OBE's since birth and "experiences".

The thing is - - once you have them - - then you have to interpret them.

I've had experiences of a tall man in a long white robe speaking to me in a protective manner. I could - interpret this man as Jesus. I don't.

I do believe there are multiple energy levels of existence. So I do believe there would be levels of "dark" energy. If I had the same experience as this man - - I would not interpret it as Hell.

It is this man's choice to interpret it as Hell. It does in no way mean he is correct or that Hell really exists - - - in the biblical sense.

Have you the ability to get into this man's head? That you know exactly what he was going through? It would seem to me that a statement like this is an arrogant view. None of us can know what the other is experiencing and it is close minded to make an assertion as that.

Hawaii the bible thumper - we meet again. Do you have reading comprehension.

Where did I say I know exactly what he was going through? I said it was his choice how he interpreted his experience.

I gave a scenario of my own personal experiences - - and a viewpoint/perspective from my own personal experiences

Talk about closed minded.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
reply to post by bogomil

Read The Screwtape Letters, by C.S. Lewis you might gain some insight, but I won't be holding my breath on that one.
And do you truly believe that anything you say might get me to take notice? Lets just say, unless hell freezes over.

I read them many years ago, as well as much other of Lewis' writings. He's a lousy theologian.

His basic message is, that when the semantic gymnastics for propagating doctrines fall short, violence is OK.

And did you really believe, that I needed 'authority' arguments in my reasoning?

What you "take notice of" is your decission. But obviously you just did, so better luck next time with that kind of 'argumentation'.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

I can only back up Annee's comment. She initially questioned the interpretation, as any sensible person would do.

Deciding 'reality' with the help of predetermined answers and self-fullfilling methods can pseudo-prove anything.

~The 'BECAUSE' methodology.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

This your first judgement, quote: If I had the same experience as this man - - I would not interpret it as Hell.
Obviously you didn't have the same experience as this man, so how could you know what or even how it could or couldn't be interpreted.

Next quote: It is this man's choice to interpret it as Hell. No kidding, he's the one that had the experience, so of all people he would and should know.

And the last quote: It does in no way mean he is correct or that Hell really exists - - - in the biblical sense. and in know way does it make you correct in your own deduction of someone else's experience. Unless you can enter into someone's mind what you say is just speculation which is unfair to the one that had the experience.

So if anyone needs any kind of comprehension, looks like your barking up the wrong tree.
And I'm glad to be a bible thumper rather than a new age blind man or woman with flowers in their hair dancing around like old hippies with their dreams of Utopia.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Well I see that C.S. Lewis and his writings were above you and went right over your head, and it is understandable that it would.
I don't really care if you think you need authority or not, see again right over your head.

Your one of a kind, and that's not in the complimentary way, and there is no argument here, not with you anyway. There are other things that are more important than wasting my time with those that think they have all the answers.
It is fruitless with some.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There are some - - that call themselves Christian - - who fuel the rapidly increasing rise of Atheism.

Its very easy to see why.

The question I'd ask this man is: why were you Atheist? That is a VERY VERY VERY valid question.

I do not consider a bad experience with belief - - - reason enough to consider myself Atheist.

If this man turned against god/belief out of bitterness - - - I can definitely see the guilt factor working on him.

I think for me - - it was more of what I didn't find - - in my 60 year search for god. Nothing - - and I mean NOTHING backs up the Christ story of Christianity. I'm not saying there wasn't a real person - - the myth was built on - - because I think there was.

Not really much different then the myth of George Custer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join