It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Atheist Told Oprah: Demons Were Dragging Me To Hell!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
reply to post by Pocky

Hell, if this is true...

It's scary. The thing is, most of us who think we are Christian could be facing this.

Pardon the pun, but there isn't a chance in Hell of anyone who has ever asked Christ to be their Savior will ever be damned.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I'll probably catch a lot of flack from my fellow Christians for this; but I don't believe ANY human being will burn in Hell forever, and I'll tell you why...

Look at the verse I listed above, John 3:16. There are two options for humans according to this verse; everlasting life or "perishing." In Matthew 25:41, Christ says that Hell was created for Satan and his fallen angels, not for humans.

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

This theme is furthered in Revelation.

Revelation 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

So what happens to the souls of humans? If anything, God is a loving and just God; I can't envision Him condemning His children to eternal torture, especially those who never heard the name of Jesus Christ while they were alive. After the crucifixion, the Bible says that Christ's spirit went down to Hades where the spirits of those who died up until that time were waiting. He preached His Father's word for three days, and we are told that He emptied Hades and took those souls to Heaven with Him (this is how Christ was able to tell the thief 'Today you will be with me in Paradise.)

I believe something similar will happen on Judgment Day. Everyone who has died since the last time Hades was emptied will stand before God to be judged, but many of those people will have never heard of Christ while they were alive.

Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works

If we accept what the Bible says when Christ states, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me." then those who stand in judgment MUST be told about Him. Imagine how awesome it will be to hear the Word of God, unadulterated and unedited by man, from His own lips!!!

Once we have heard His Truth we will be given a choice, if we haven't made one already, to accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and our place in His kingdom. After having heard the Truth from the very lips of God Himself, I can't imagine anyone passing up the gift of eternal life; however, due to pride, vanity, or whatever reason, some will choose to reject God anyway. These souls will be cast into the Lake of Fire, NOT to be eternally tortured, but to be destroyed as Revelation 20:14-15 points out.

Revelation 14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Notice what happens when a soul is cast into the Lake of Fire, it's called the "second death." We die once as a mortal, but if any souls reject Christ after having heard the Truth then they are killed a second time - call it soul annihilation if you want - the point is that after a soul is cast into the Lake of Fire it is destroyed. No eternal flames, no demons poking you with pitchforks, none of that medieval nonsense; just oblivion.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I consider God to be my Loving Father, and I find it inconceivable that He would allow His children to be tortured throughout all of eternity no matter what they have done.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Wow, way back in the day when talk show hosts actually went out into the audience.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Personal testimony isn't evidence for anything, even if the claimant was previously an atheist, is currently a professor or was invited onto the Oprah show.....

If he had come from this experience with a demons claw/scale/hair etc, that would be worth taking seriously as he would have evidence for his claims

But as it stands, his claims have no substance and should be dismissed by any thinking person

(to me it just looks like an old man thats after a bit of attention, and maybe some book rights)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It's funny how this so called 'atheist' said he had "no faith, no hope or goodness deep down" in his heart... that right there tells me he wasn't an atheist. This is how atheists are VIEWED by those who follow a religion, not all of them just making a general statement. He had a traumatic event in his life and due to stress and pain from his ordeal he coped with it the best he could. The mind plays tricks on us, we're still learning about ourselves, and our brain.

I'd say it was all in his head, we all have that voice in the back of our head, you know which one I'm talking about. The one that makes you second guess yourself.

Yes I'm an atheist, I don't care what people think of me, the idea of a god(dess) doesn't sit well with me. We all go through hardships no matter the faith we follow. I've got friends from most major religions, yeah they talk and talk, one of them was an agnostic, broke up with his girlfriend and had nightmares for 2 weeks, next thing you know he's shoving the bible down my throat cause in our circle of friends I'm the only atheist.

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
For those of you who think " Drag Me To Hell" is just the name of a movie not based on reality, this former atheist professor's experience might hint otherwise.

No matter what dream/vision one has - - - they then must interpret it.

Not much of an Atheist if he fears God. Sounds more like he suffered from a guilty conscience.

I wonder what he did that made him feel the need to fear God.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Engafan
It's funny how this so called 'atheist' said he had "no faith, no hope or goodness deep down" in his heart... that right there tells me he wasn't an atheist. This is how atheists are VIEWED by those who follow a religion, not all of them just making a general statement.

Absolutely!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Let's face it; God has a big ego problem. Why do we always have to worship him?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Religion, to me, is a bureaucracy between man and God (if there is one that is)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacegremlin
reply to post by Annee

Let's face it; God has a big ego problem. Why do we always have to worship him?

Fear. Those who fear they won't get the reward at the end.

So much better to just live each day to the fullest for your own contribution to life and humanity.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It very much sounds to me like a hallucination experienced in an altered state of conciousness, possibly due to morphine. If he was raised as a christian and then became an athiest later in life then it is very likely that he had subconconcious anxieties about hell and damnation, as do most people who are brainwashed by religious cults during childhood.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by asturel13

well said

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Pardon the pun, but there isn't a chance in Hell of anyone who has ever asked Christ to be their Savior will ever be damned.

Jesus never said anything about people getting saved or damned to hell basis whether or not they accepted him as their saviour.
The earlier parts of Matthew 25 that you cited, deal with the judgement of people....and it clearly shows that people were judged basis their deeds towards their fellow humans.. not because they accepted or rejected Jesus.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

HOW DO YOU KNOW THATS WHAT JESUS SAID WAS YOU THERE ?
JESUS WAS A FICTIONAL CHARACTER

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by spacegremlin

DONT BELEVE EVERY THING YOU READ IN BOOKS

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Here is another guy that experienced hell, he says he spent 20 minutes there. His name is Bill Wiese, here's his story.

Part 2

There are 7 parts in total, anyone interested can view the rest on youtube.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by OldCorp

Jesus never said anything about people getting saved or damned to hell basis whether or not they accepted him as their saviour.
The earlier parts of Matthew 25 that you cited, deal with the judgement of people....and it clearly shows that people were judged basis their deeds towards their fellow humans.. not because they accepted or rejected Jesus.

For those that don't know, or refuse to accept the fact, here is what is being missed. Obviously your not reading the bible, or not understanding it.
This is just one of many other references that makes the point, Jesus Christ came for all sinners who will accept Him into their heart.
John 3:16

Amplified Bible (AMP)

16For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([a]unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

You must be confused with this verse and what it says. At the time when Jesus walked among men and women, He came to preach the good news and to fulfill the prophecy that was preached by John the Baptist and others from the old testament. No He did not come to judge men, it was not time yet for that to be done.

John
17For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.
18He who believes in Him [who clings to, trusts in, relies on Him] is not judged [he who trusts in Him never comes up for judgment; for him there is no rejection, no condemnation--he incurs no damnation]; but he who does not believe (cleave to, rely on, trust in Him) is judged already [he has already been convicted and has already received his sentence] because he has not believed in and trusted in the name of the only begotten Son of God. [He is condemned for refusing to let his trust rest in Christ's name.]

19The [basis of the] judgment (indictment, the test by which men are judged, the ground for the sentence) lies in this: the Light has come into the world, and people have loved the darkness rather than and more than the Light, for their works (deeds) were evil.

20For every wrongdoer hates (loathes, detests) the Light, and will not come out into the Light but shrinks from it, lest his works (his deeds, his activities, his conduct) be exposed and reproved.

21But he who practices truth [who does what is right] comes out into the Light; so that his works may be plainly shown to be what they are--wrought with God [divinely prompted, done with God's help, in dependence upon Him].

Matthew 25:29-46 Speaks of judgment after the final battle on Earth between good and evil. This is when the Lord of Lords and King of Kings Jesus Christ will judge all mankind.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by OldCorp

For those that don't know, or refuse to accept the fact, here is what is being missed. Obviously your not reading the bible, or not understanding it.
This is just one of many other references that makes the point, Jesus Christ came for all sinners who will accept Him into their heart.
John 3:16

Amplified Bible (AMP)

16For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([a]unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

You must be confused with this verse and what it says. At the time when Jesus walked among men and women, He came to preach the good news and to fulfill the prophecy that was preached by John the Baptist and others from the old testament. No He did not come to judge men, it was not time yet for that to be done.

John
17For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.
18He who believes in Him [who clings to, trusts in, relies on Him] is not judged [he who trusts in Him never comes up for judgment; for him there is no rejection, no condemnation--he incurs no damnation]; but he who does not believe (cleave to, rely on, trust in Him) is judged already [he has already been convicted and has already received his sentence] because he has not believed in and trusted in the name of the only begotten Son of God. [He is condemned for refusing to let his trust rest in Christ's name.]

19The [basis of the] judgment (indictment, the test by which men are judged, the ground for the sentence) lies in this: the Light has come into the world, and people have loved the darkness rather than and more than the Light, for their works (deeds) were evil.

20For every wrongdoer hates (loathes, detests) the Light, and will not come out into the Light but shrinks from it, lest his works (his deeds, his activities, his conduct) be exposed and reproved.

21But he who practices truth [who does what is right] comes out into the Light; so that his works may be plainly shown to be what they are--wrought with God [divinely prompted, done with God's help, in dependence upon Him].

Matthew 25:29-46 Speaks of judgment after the final battle on Earth between good and evil. This is when the Lord of Lords and King of Kings Jesus Christ will judge all mankind.

Do you really believe, that you can 'solve' the faith, law and good deed controversy by cherry-picking bible verses?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
If there is a devil, the biggest trick he's managed to pull on humanity, is to use the Bible and Biblical scripture to get us to try to be good, in order not to be bad.

Goodness is it's own reward.

How happy are the pure of heart, for they shall see God.

I am beginning to get fed up with the nonsense, and the ignorance, which people pass off as knowledge and understanding.

When will we grow up, and come to see the light?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Read The Screwtape Letters, by C.S. Lewis you might gain some insight, but I won't be holding my breath on that one.
And do you truly believe that anything you say might get me to take notice? Lets just say, unless hell freezes over.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I've had OBE's since birth and "experiences".

The thing is - - once you have them - - then you have to interpret them.

I've had experiences of a tall man in a long white robe speaking to me in a protective manner. I could - interpret this man as Jesus. I don't.

I do believe there are multiple energy levels of existence. So I do believe there would be levels of "dark" energy. If I had the same experience as this man - - I would not interpret it as Hell.

It is this man's choice to interpret it as Hell. It does in no way mean he is correct or that Hell really exists - - - in the biblical sense.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join