It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Atheist Told Oprah: Demons Were Dragging Me To Hell!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
For those of you who think " Drag Me To Hell" is just the name of a movie not based on reality, this former atheist professor's experience might hint otherwise.

After one of his intestine's ruptured this man's soul left his body and soon enough, a pack of entities where there waiting for him to follow them, but when he wasn't hurrying up as fast as they wanted him to, they started to get real agressive and that's when their true colors started to come out.

Listen to what this former Atheist did as a last resort to finally evade what could have become his ultimate fate at the hands of sadistic beings, on the Oprah show.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Very interesting. My grandpa had a NDE, and he said that he saw sort of a halfway in-between world like it sounds like this guy is describing. Sounds to me like he might have been in a lower quadrant of purgatory. Either that, or being lead to perhaps the first or second ring of hell.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
While I myself consider myself simply as "spiritual" (considering no religion has solid evidence, but at the same time it seems a little arrogant to be an atheist considering there is no way to know until we die) I find these stories interesting, but that's as far as it goes. I've never experienced anything paranormal, but know many that have, and I have read enough stories and articles that I can accept anything as a possibility, but think we have to look at the facts here. Anyone can come out and say "I had a near death experience and saw god/demons depending on the circumstance. It could be he truly saw what he said. Also likely is that as with most "atheists" there will always be a fear that there could be a hell, and as he was unconscious, he dreamed of being dragged to hell. And unfortunately, there is also the possibility that he was simply a normal christian who wanted to have his five minutes of fame and get to discredit atheists on national television.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

The guy goes into a more details about what happened to him in various other interviews, so I know background on what happened.

This particular interview about his experience is very grabbing.

I'm thinking that it's possibly a very select group of people that meet certain requirements that are being re-incarnated with top secret technology from the true Freemasons.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Perhaps this one individual imagined all this? Is it just as possible as him being "dragged" to hell? Curious.

CJ

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gewehr1942

I'm not trying to attack you here but what you're saying might come off as a little hypocritical to some.

You state that atheists are arrogant because there is no way to know what happens after we die. Yet you also state that you are spiritual and you have never had any paranormal experiences yourself. You really don't know if something happens after we die either.

I applaud your open-mindedness to the possibility of life beyond this world, but you can't expect others to as well. I've had "spiritual" experiences and thus I believe in these things, but an atheist has not had any spiritual experiences and thus they do not believe.

Perhaps you're trying to say that you're agnostic?
edit on 15-9-2011 by Sentience365 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
After one of his intestine's ruptured this man's soul left his body and soon enough, a pack of entities where there waiting for him to follow

How do we know his soul left his body? How do we know it wasn't a dream state or NDE or any altered state of consciousness.

Also if someone lives to tell about it they never really died. People that come back from death is really just the limitations of our technology at detecting the part that is still alive.

I am just being critical here. I believe in an after life. If I experienced demons during an NDE I would not conclude from that I need to convert to some orthodox religion though

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentience365

You raise a good point, and maybe what I said did come across as a little harsh, but it is simply because I have a few atheist friends that are very close minded. When I said they are arrogant I did not mean any atheist, I more so meant people that state that there is zero possible chance of a higher being. No one can say they know that for sure, and that is what some people truly believe. I suppose I should have specified that in my previous post however.

I have never had a paranormal or spiritual encounter, but I do consider myself spiritualistic when it comes to nature, and I am very open to just about anything. I have a strong belief in aliens, (not necessarily the stereotypical green men, or that they have visited earth, just that there must be other life out there, considering the vastness of the universe) and consider the possibility of ghosts or other spirits possible. I try not to come across as close minded, but unfortunately my experiences with other close minded people frustrate me into close mindedness sometimes.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gewehr1942

I appreciate your explanation, I know how frustrating close-mindedness can be and have myself succumb to attacking it only to make myself weary (kind of contradicted myself when I acted also). Anyway, nicely written response, I understand now what you meant to convey.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentience365

As you can of course see I am new to this site, but I must say, the politeness and open mindedness of the people here is inspiring and surprises me quite honestly. I am used to close mindedness everywhere, this site seems to be one of the last bastions of the intelligent aware mind, and it renews some of my faith in mankind to see what people say here.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Text realize the truth is lies in perfect disguise right in front of your eyes.
In the lifes we are living thee prize is hidden. Wait for me o*ry*n* and I reveal
To you the real. alls I ask is that in me you believe and together as humans *we
Will achieve. Believe in god. Im not going to tell you what god is or who. *You
have to take the time out of you life to figure out who he is on your own.* I
was sent to not change this world. But to tell all how to do so. love TO *ALL

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Hell, if this is true...

It's scary. The thing is, most of us who think we are Christian could be facing this.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The guys making it up......if it were true EVERY Atheist/non believer who has EVER had a NDE would have experienced the same...and converted to religion.

Its bs...he got what he wanted..hes on Oprah...and probably making a lot of money from a bs story.

This is one guy...an American guy, with a story. Nothing to back it up, no proof he was non religious prior to his alleged NDE.

When i was stabbed in March i saw a flying spaghetti monster, he dragged me to his kitchen and we made ravioli for all the other guests arriving. He told me he was the only true ruler of the universe, he told me the christian god was his retarded young cousin......let me guess....you wont believe my story eh

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
We won't know until we know.

I believe that when we die there's a trace of brain function somewhere that we're not detecting right now. I think it's possible. What would you think in your last few desperate moments to hold onto life? What would your mind conjure? What would you fear? What would you want?

But I do believe that we ultimately die as our brain consumes the remaining oxygen/nutrients. Death cannot be reverse and there's no place that comes after. I think this man genuinely believes whatever happened to him was real. I respect his opinion. We're all individuals and personal experience is the ultimate teacher. Some things just cannot be taught.

I desperately wish there was an after-life for all of life. I wish things didn't disappear after death. But that's fantasy. That's rainbows and butterflies. Reality isn't like that. Reality is pain.

Also.. this man used to be a christian. He said he believed in god when he was a child and used to pray. But when he became a teenager he abandoned his belief. I am like him somewhat. I still believed in jesus christ in my early 20's. So I held onto my belief longer. I am 34 now. I am definitely an agnostic now. I do not believe that the god in the bible as is popularly known is the real god. The god that's popularly known is a corruption of the real god, used for war and oppression and control. But I don't know that there's a real god, either. It's just a feeling.

Lately, my greatest hope is that everything that has ever happened can at least be an immortal memory. Perhaps there's a way to time travel only as mass-less particles. So we could observe things but we could not affect them. This would, at least, allow a hybrid after-life. It's not the same as continuing a conscience after death, but it's similar because the memory of that person will remain forever. The memory might be ignored, but it will be available for future reference.

That's the hope I hang onto.
edit on 15-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If demons existed, they would be the work of God; but would it be just on the part of God to have created beings condemned eternally to evil and to misery? If demons exist, it is in your low world, and in other worlds of similar degree, that they are to be found. They are the human hypocrites who represent a just God as being cruel and vindictive, and who imagine that they make themselves agreeable to Him by the abominations they commit in His name.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Strange to say, some of those who are most incredulous in regard to Spiritism deny the possibility of its phenomena in the name of religion, of which they often know as little as they do of Spiritism. They do not reflect that, in denying, without restriction, the possibility of the "marvelous" and the "supernatural," they deny religion, for religion is founded on revelation and miracles; and what is revelation if not extra-human communications? All the sacred writers, from Moses downwards, have spoken of this order of communications.

And what are miracles if not facts of a character emphatically marvelous and supernatural, since they are, according to liturgical acceptation, derogations from the laws of nature, so that, in rejecting the marvelous and the supernatural, they reject the very basis of all religions? But it is not from this point of view that we have to consider the subject. Belief in spirit-manifestation does not necessarily settle the question of miracles, that is to say, whether God does, or does not, in certain cases, derogate from the eternal laws that regulate the universe; it leaves, in regard to this question, full liberty of belief to all.

Spiritism says, and proves, that the phenomena on which it is based are supernatural only in appearance, that they only appear to some persons to be such, because they are unusual, and out of the pale of facts hitherto known; and that they are no more supernatural than all the other phenomena which the science of the present day is explaining, though they appeared to be "miraculous" in the past. All spiritist phenomena, without exception, are the consequence of general laws; they reveal to us one of the powers of nature, a power hitherto unknown, or rather that has not hitherto been understood, but which observation shows us to be included in the scheme of things.

Spiritism, therefore, is founded less on the marvelous and the supernatural than is religion itself; and those who attack it on this score do so because they know not what it really is. As for those who oppose it in the name of science, we say to them, be they ever so learned, "If your science, which has taught you so many things, has not taught you that the domain of nature is infinite, you are scientific to very little purpose."

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

If you study NDE they are a little like abduction experiences, or like '___' trips. People have "the tunnel" and it is usually the first part of the experience, 9 times out of 10 the experience is pleasant and people say they experience unconditional love. Most say they did not want to come back to reality here and all of them say they are not afraid to die. If you listen to the stories after a while you decide this is no brain glitch.

This man didn't know any prayers and so he said what religious songs/words/phrases he remembered. I have heard this man tell a different version of his story. It was later and he was older and I remember the details were a bit different, the prayer he said was different so I was a little skeptical but so many others have similar stories.
I just add this to the evidence. No it isn't conclusive and people can poke a bunch of holes in it but when I add it to the body of historical archeological spiritual and natural proof to support a divine intelligence it becomes significant. When I add this mans story to what I already know I have a pretty good case for God.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Thank you for posting the videos.

"Jesus loves me! this I know"

He's so right in the 2nd video. All anyone has to do is ask with their whole heart for Him to help you see the truth. I did it as a non believer, and He is transforming my life now. What you once liked, you start to naturally dislike. Every time you hear His name taken in vain or ridiculed, you start to cringe more and more. I can't explain it any better than this.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Thank you for posting the videos.

"Jesus loves me! this I know"

He's so right in the 2nd video. All anyone has to do is ask with their whole heart for Him to help you see the truth. I did it as a non believer, and He is transforming my life now. What you once liked, you start to naturally dislike. Every time you hear His name taken in vain or ridiculed, you start to cringe more and more. I can't explain it any better than this.

I appreciate the fact your life is being transformed - any thing we can do to better ourselves and our communities is a good thing...is it possible that perhaps it really is you that is changing yourself, using a presupposed notion of a higher faith as a guide? I am not trying to stir anything up...just asking.

CJ

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I was under the impression simply watching Oprah was a one way ticket to hell, never mind actually being on it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join