It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Enhanced” pat downs coming to NFL stadiums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well, these 'enhanced' pat downs today, next time somebody brings in a dangerous object what... body scanners for all?

'Fresh off Sunday night’s taser-fueled fan violence at Metlife Stadium in New Jersey, the NFL will conduct pat downs from the ankles up this season.

In the past, the pat downs went from the waist up.

“The enhanced security procedures recommended by our office before the start of the season will further increase the safety of fans but will require some additional time,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told USA T0day in a statement Thursday. “We encourage fans to come early, enjoy their tailgating tradition, and be patient as they enter the stadium.”'

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't really see this as such a bad thing. Sure it is another step to an already lengthy entrance process, but if having my legs patted down keeps me from getting stabbed or shot I'm all for it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am shocked! I had no idea they would take this kind of invasion of privacy out of the airports!
I'm sure people will comply and blow it off, then it comes to malls, grocery stores, schools, traffic lights, your homes in surprise inspections, etc, etc, etc.... Sieg Hail!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gewehr1942
I don't really see this as such a bad thing. Sure it is another step to an already lengthy entrance process, but if having my legs patted down keeps me from getting stabbed or shot I'm all for it.

"Anything" to keep us safe(?)

Dear God Man.just stay home..

And when "big sis"(Frau Napolitano) insists nekkid body scanners and id checks are necessary to get into supermarkets; You'll be okay then too?(???)

Because if you are not I'm sure "they"( DHS) can blow something up some where to put you in a suitably compliant state of mind.

edit on 15-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just do what I do, don't go to the game stay home and watch it on TV, you get better seats, and if you have friends over you will have better company, and the beer will be cheaper.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
These "enhanced" pat downs are necessary. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't been to an NFL game.

Do you really think they would have them at supermarkets? C'mon, quit with the paranoia.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

And when "big sis"(Frau Napolitano) insists nekkid body scanners and id checks are necessary to get into supermarkets; You'll be okay then too?(???)

Because if you are not I'm sure "they"( DHS) can blow something up some where to put you in a suitably compliant state of mind.

If they are already patting down the top of our bodies our legs are not a big deal. And I said patting down the legs was ok, not anything worse than that. Your "slippery slope" theory is a logical fallacy with no basis in fact. None of that other stuff is going to happen, because we the people won't let it happen. Some of you people seem to think a small addition in security measures (a needed one seeing as someone smuggled a tazer in) equals the government anally probing us.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LockNLoad

Well said. I've been to a couple NFL games, and I must say, unless your right up front its better to watch on tv. Better view, better food, better weather, better company, and cheaper in every aspect. I really would only go to a game if I had sideline tickets and could meet the team.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gewehr1942

"If they are already patting down the top of our bodies our legs are not a big deal. And I said patting down the legs was ok, not anything worse than that. Your "slippery slope" theory is a logical fallacy with no basis in fact. None of that other stuff is going to happen, because we the people won't let it happen. Some of you people seem to think a small addition in security measures (a needed one seeing as someone smuggled a tazer in) equals the government anally probing us. "

"We" won't let them? Did you see how the TSA protests went?

This all happens in baby steps. Let me just ask you one thing, WHEN, eventually, somebody beats this new pat down and sneaks a knife or another weapon into a game.. what happens next? As you can see, one guy bringing in a tazer results in everybody getting more evasive screening.. by logic, another step will be added once it happens again.... and just keep repeating the process..

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

If they are already patting down the top of our bodies our legs are not a big deal. And I said patting down the legs was ok, not anything worse than that. Your "slippery slope" theory is a logical fallacy with no basis in fact.

Bullhockey here's your"basis in fact" transportation safety agents are screening passengers leaving trains.because they can declare a checkpoint area. any body entering said area is liable to search by transportation safety agents.

It'd be so much easier being on their side: y'all just acquiesce to anything.

You Haven't really been keeping up on the news have you! ever heard of a"vipr" team ? like the one screening passengers DEPARTING amtrak trains and greyhound buses?

Screening of Passengers at Savannah Amtrak Station

A video of Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) screening passengers at a Savannah, Georgia Amtrak station has been gaining quite a bit of attention and many are wondering why we were screening passengers who had just disembarked from a train.

We were wondering the same thing.
The screening shown in the video was done in conjunction with a VIPR operation. During VIPR operations, any person enterig the impacted area has to be screened. In this case, the Amtrak station was the subject of the VIPR operation so people entering the station were being screened for items on the Amtrak prohibited items list as seen in the video.

blog.tsa.gov...

None of that other stuff is going to happen, because we the people won't let it happen. Some of you people seem to think a small addition in security measures (a needed one seeing as someone smuggled a tazer in) equals the government anally probing us.

"won't let it happen"(?) You mean Like the bush years(Hank Paulson)bailout that we all screamed not only "NO!" but "Hell No!" to"??
I don't know if you're paying attention but; We don't have a whole lot of power once the gubbermint gets an idea in their heads. they haven't asked permission to institute any of the TSA procedures.
You gonna storm a checkpoint with a rifle?

Screwit...I give up: you get the govt you deserve.

edit on 16-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2011 by 46ACE because: structure

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
These "enhanced" pat downs are necessary. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't been to an NFL game.

Do you really think they would have them at supermarkets? C'mon, quit with the paranoia.

Totally agree. I mean really,if it wasn't for drunken fans this wouldnt happen. So,next time you attend an NFL game,be sure to thank the drunken fan either in front,next,behind...you get my point..

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Yup,or tazed.......by another fan. Jets game anyone? I don't know about you but I sure as hell don't want some idiot at a football game busting out a tazer on me.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by Ghost375

Totally agree. I mean really,if it wasn't for drunken fans this wouldnt happen. So,next time you attend an NFL game,be sure to thank the drunken fan either in front,next,behind...you get my point..

Is this private stadium security(or govt)?

So sports fans are just a-holes?
Because this is a conspiracy site I am required to "breach" the idea the tazer wielding fan probably worked for the security or scanner company
Food for thought? or no?
(I.e. "Job security")
and the beat goes on...
next week"random mall tazing..."
edit on 17-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
[

Is this private stadium security(or govt)?

So sports fans are just a-holes?
Because this is a conspiracy site I am required to "breach" the idea the tazer wielding fan probably worked for the security or scanner company
Food for thought? or no?
(I.e. "Job security")
and the beat goes on...
next week"random mall tazing..."

As far as I know it's private security. And no,no conspiracy with the tazer.It was just some idiot who got into a fight with other fans.And decided to use it. It's pretty clear these enhanced patdowns are needed.Some people can't control themselves and think they can do what they want. Being that I attend quite a few sporting events a year,i'm all for it.If it prevents idiots from bringing things in they shouldnt,then so be it. This clearly has nothing to do with terrorism. It's about fan safety. Not saying,you think it has to do with that,but some people do.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
So first it was if you don't like it don't fly.

Then its if you don't like it don't go to NFL games.

Next it will be if you don't like it don't go to the mall.

Pat downs WILL BE EVERY WHERE because they will put them in place incrementally.

You guys keep making excuses for this behavior they'll keep thinking of new places to do pat downs.

What a lovely free society we will live in ...

You know a padded cell is a pretty safe place.
edit on 19-9-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

join