It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quartzsite Arizona update - Sept 14th 2011 - State of Emergency continues, new Reichs Chancellor, er

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Apparently the fight continues in the Arizona town of Quartzscite.

Source

The update contains 2 of the letters officers submitted regarding the state of emergency and the appointment of the Chief as interim Reichs Chancellor, err Mayor, as well as another arrest of a journalist for requesting documents under the Sunshine Law (open records law). An injunction was also filed in Superior Court (La Paz County - Local) challenging the new Mayor / recall election.

Statement by Officer Kemp About “Emergency” Condition
On 07-10-11, I went to the Quartzsite Police Station to pick up some paperwork from my box. Upon entering the station, I saw Ofc. Norris, Ofc. Rodriguez, and Chief Gilbert. As I stopped to check the warrants board, I heard Ofc. Norris call me and ask me to come into the patrol room where they were
I entered and asked them what was going on. The Chief explained that earlier that morning, the Town Council had called a special meeting to announce a state of emergency in Quartzsite, due to threatening emails sent to them and the Chief. The Chief then proceeded to read me an email that said something to the effect that the person who wrote the email would not mind if the Chief was killed.
Ofc. Norris then cut in and asked him why she and Ofc. Rodriguez, who were on duty that day, had not been informed of a state of emergency. The Chief stated that he had been unaware of what the council was going to do until just a short time ago at the meeting.
At his words, I grew angry, as I had been shown an email from Chief to the La Paz County Sheriff's Office asking for their assistance, as death threats had been issued over the internet, and Quartzsite was discussing calling a state of emergency.

Go to link above for remainder of his statement.

Statement by Officer Norris About “Emergency” Condition

On July 10th 2011, I was dispatched to 465 N Plymouth Road to the Quartzsite Town Hall in reference to suspicious activity. While en route dispatch said that they received a call from Ed Foster who advised that he was told he was to meet Chief Gilbert at Town Hall and it was suspicious. Upon arrival, I noticed a large amount of people in the parking lot of Town Hall. As I got out of my vehicle several people, including Ed Foster came up to myself and Officer Rodriguez. They were angry saying that an illegal meeting was going on and they were locked out and not allowed in town hall. Foster said that he was at home when Chief Gilbert and Xavier Fausto came and asked him to go with them to Town Hall for an emergency meeting. Foster said he refused to ride down with them but said drove to the Town Hall in his own vehicle. When he walked up to the doors of town hall he noticed all the council members and some of town hall staff were there having a meeting. Foster said it was an illegal meeting. He said Xavier Fausto opened the door and told Foster they were having an emergency meeting. Foster said he told them the meeting was not legal, was not open to the public and said he would not attend. He said Frausto refused to allow anyone to attend the meeting and he locked the door so no one could get inside the building. Foster said he wanted to file a complaint. After several attempts to contact Chief Gilbert and Sgt. Fausto, Officer Rodriguez contacted dispatch and requested assistance from a La Paz County Officer. An Officer from La Paz County Sheriff's Office arrived and talked to Officer Rodriguez and to Ed Foster.

Go to link above for remainder of his statement.

The Mayor who ended up in the spotlight, Mayor Foster, was removed from his position as mayor during the recall election. The new Mayor, Jose Lizarraga, was sworn in in an offical - unoffical meeting. He is set to become permanent in about a week when Mayor Fosters offical status as Mayor ends.

Apparently the city is also continuing to refuse to release records that are covered under the open records law. In another display of how the people running Quartzsite are going all Mao on people, another journalist was arrested. He went to the city hall to request reecords covered under the Sunshine Laws (open records) -

Another critic of Quartzsite officials has been jailed in what appears to be retaliation. Local Realtor Doug Gilford has gained notoriety as the blogger and videographer who filmed the unlawful removal of Desert Freedom Press Publisher Jennifer Jones, from a June 28th town council meeting. The video has been viewed over two hundred thousand times on Gilford's YouTube channel.

Yesterday afternoon, around 3:30 Gilford was at the counter in Town Hall, filing an open records request for town hall feed surveillance tape when Assistant Town Manager Al Johnson confronted Gilford. Apparently feeling threatened, Gilford set his camera on the counter but didn't hit record, when suddenly Johnson snatched it from across the counter. When Gilford called for police assistance, he ended up being arrested instead of Johnson.

Gilford was booked into the La Paz County jail on charges of harassment, trespassing, and false reporting to law enforcement. He was released on $500 bond. Mayor Ed Foster and Doug's wife Teri picked him up at time around 8pm last night.

The kicker -

When Gilford showed up at his arraignment this week, he was informed that he was being charged with ten additional misdemeanors for harassment, disorderly conduct and false reporting to law enforcement, for complaints he had filed against town officials. He will be arraigned on all thirteen charges on September 13th, at 10am, in the Quartzsite Magistrate Court, under Judge Karen Slaughter.

Click link above for remainder of story.

As far as I am concerned this town certainly has crossed into the realm of being in a State of Insurrection. To disregard city ordinance, State Law and now Federal Law, with no signs of giving in pretty much is the evidence needed.

Whether it be La Paz County Shriff's Office, Arizona Department of Public Safety, U.S. Marshalls or the combined units of the Arizona and Federal Military units, it needs to end and these people in quartsite need to be charged and tried.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The citizens of that town need to go to their gun lockers and get out their firearms. They then need to march to the police station and demand the Chief of Police to step down and cease all illegal activities. If he refuses, they should use whatever force necessary and put him in jail to await trial.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
The citizens of that town need to go to their gun lockers and get out their firearms. They then need to march to the police station and demand the Chief of Police to step down and cease all illegal activities. If he refuses, they should use whatever force necessary and put him in jail to await trial.

It should not stop at the Chief. The current members of City Council, as well as the City Manager, are all invovled in this fiasco.

They all need to be arrested.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Strange, I haven't seen any of this on the news in Arizona. Not sure if I missed it or what.. I do agree though, the people of the town need to be the ones to do what's right.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeepYourAnonymity
Strange, I haven't seen any of this on the news in Arizona. Not sure if I missed it or what.. I do agree though, the people of the town need to be the ones to do what's right.

This has been going on since around June / July. It was covered by local / state media, and a few MSM outlets ran blurbs, but nothing else really.

To me this should be a top story. As much as the media annoys me, they do an ok job when it comes to minding the peoples business in regards to government at that level.

If the people arent able to regain control of their city, I would like to see it dissolved and allow La Paz county to hold things for a while until they can regroup and fix the mess.

new topics

top topics

join