It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivor: South Pacific

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Wow, last night's episode was really surprising.

What a bunch of idiots! Cochran was the PERFECT person to have sitting next to you for the final vote, and it was a PERFECT time to get rid of Coach. (Brandon is the other best bet to have next to you, as people hate him).

I think the others are there just to help Coach win maybe? Because that's what it seems like. Why they haven't tried to take out this obvious vote getter is beyond me. It's like watching Boston Rob all over again.

The other thing is though, by Cochran going to RI (and very quickly, Ozzie will send him to the Jury), Ozzie now has FIVE Jury votes if he makes it to the final, meaning he wins if he gets that far, hands down. Sending Cochran to RI was Coach just handing over a million dollars...dumb move.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
For those watching, it was a pretty predictable episode.

Ozzy defeated Cochran in the duel (but it was very close, at least from the editing)....

And, as predicted, Edna was voted out, even though the producers tried to throw in the red herring that Brandon may go.

Next week's episode though, is anyone's guess. Ozzie defeating Edna is almost a foregone conclusion, unless something seriously goes wacky in the Universe...but seeing who is on the bottom of the remaining 5 should be interesting. My bet is Sophie/Sophia (something like that).... I'm thinking Coach wants it to be all guys after.

Of course, his tribe could still pull an upset and target Coach, but they seem too stupid to do this. If he got wind of it, he still has an immunity idol he could play also...so they'd have to really blindside him. Thing is though, even though they realize they need to do it, they seem too chicken to actually follow through with it.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
OH MA GAWD!

Just watched the latest and I think I'll have to watch it again. That was a cracking show. I almost feel sorry for Brandon. And Albert too, flatly refusing to give the necklace back and he knew well who was needing it as much as him. Did that necklace fall off his neck? I think that was god.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
god god god brother god sorry i apologize god jesus god brother thank you god jesus brother let us pray god god god thank you god god god I didn't mean to god god sorry brother god god god sorry god god god sorry god god god god sorry god god god god god

OH MY GOD!!!! [color=E88D58]Shut the hell up!

[color=E88D58]God doesn't belong on Survivor. God was voted out long ago, back before there was any possibility of redemption and re-entering back into the game.

For about the last half of this season, I was thinking that all of the god-talk and the "thank you god for helping us win that challenge blah blah blah....", was proof that god does not exist..

Well, at least that is what I was thinking up until this last tribal council. I'm just not so sure anymore. Maybe god really does exist, and maybe that god really did tell Brandon to give away the immunity. That's the only thing that Brandon has done this entire season, that I liked.

Regardless of what the challenge actually is, if Brandon somehow beats Ozzy, I don't know if I will be able to continue. If that happens, I may have to stop right then and there, and never watch this show again.

[color=20E8B3]On a slightly lighter note.

[color=20E8B3]Cochran:
I have been up & down with my feelings about him.

At first, I wasn't happy with Cochrans betrayal, but after watching the Re-Cap Show, it was starting to seem a little bit justifiable.

However, that didn't last very long.
After the next episode, I was back to not really liking him too much anymore. Then when he got voted off, and saying that it hurt to feel betrayed, and they owed him.

That's what he gets. They didn't owe him squat. Regardless of the fact that the move didn't actually help him in the long run, preserving himself was still his only intention.

He didn't betray his tribe, in order to help out the other tribe. He betrayed his tribe, in order to hopefully help out himself. Just because his plan was idiotic, and backfired on him, that doesn't make it any less of a selfish act.

BUT, I loved what Cochran said to Jeff, during his last tribal council.

"I think Brandon has revealed that he's probably not the best person to be in a strategic partnership with. [color=0DE7FF]Talking strategy with Brandon, is like talking to you about shirts that aren't blue. He just doesn't comprehend it. It's not in his vocabulary."

I'm still cracking up over that one lol. I don't think that was a 'spur of the moment' comment. He had probably been thinking of that one for awhile. Either way though, it was well played. He picked the perfect time to say that.

edit on 12/18/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Regardless of what the challenge actually is, if Brandon somehow beats Ozzy, I don't know if I will be able to continue. If that happens, I may have to stop right then and there, and never watch this show again.

If Brandon beats Ozzy I think I'll feel exactly the same.

I disagree with you about God though. If it wasn't for God, Brandon would have fallen out with Coach a long time ago. At least with God in the show Coach can blame him for going against Brandon. I love how Sophie rolls her eyes whenever the almighty is mentioned.

I think the most shocking part of the show so far is Albert's keeping hold of that necklace when he knew he should have given it right back.

Why do they all want to go to the end with Coach though? That's a puzzler.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Why do they all want to go to the end with Coach though? That's a puzzler.

You really don't know?

Coach brings a somewhat unique personality trait into the game, that others do not have. They all like what he has to offer, and know that camplife would kinda suck if he wasn't around..

To be continued..........

Honestly though, I wouldn't mind seeing Coach win it.

Excluding Ozzie→ Of the remaining 7 players, Coach or Sophie is who I would rather see win it.

I think the most shocking part of the show so far is Albert's keeping hold of that necklace when he knew he should have given it right back.

I wouldn't have given it back either.
He didn't ask for it (as far as I know anyways).
It's not Albert's fault that idiot gave it to him. lol

.......continued from section 1.

Coach's unique personality trait.

■■■■■■ lol Sorry. The temptation was too much. I couldn't resist.

edit on 12/18/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I don't know about in the USA but here in Ontario the finale is delayed thanks to Football.

Here's to hoping that Ozzy wins the duel and gets back in to win the million dollars. If brandon wins the duel I'll be saying "ugh" but c'est la vie. If Ozzy doesn't get back in I'll be cheering for the Cowboy or Coach. It won't really matter. I'm just glad Cochsucker isn't going to win and I hope that Brandon doesn't win. Last thing I want to hear is him praise jesus and god for the entire reunion for letting him win compared to letting his uncle win.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by swoopaloop

[color=FF725C]Fair Warning:

[color=FF725C]I'm in the process of watching it now, so IF you happen to get back on here before watching the finale, and IF you don't wanna know anything before watching it, then read no further.

Originally posted by swoopaloop

..... I hope that Brandon doesn't win. Last thing I want to hear is him praise jesus and god for the entire reunion for letting him win compared to letting his uncle win.

Don't rule out that possibility just yet. He will praise Jesus either way.....

I loved seeing what the final redemption challenge was. As soon as Jeff said, "Today's duel is very simple: Hold onto the pole as long as you can." I knew Ozzy was gonna win.

[color=ADFF94]Ozzy is basically like a monkey that can swim and fish. No way Brandon could beat him at hanging onto a pole. BUT, I won't deny that Ozzy did look a little shakey, a couple different times during that challenge.

........Right after touching the ground, and losing the duel, Brandon looks to the sky and says, "Thank you father."
To me, it seems like Brandon is just trying to fool someone back home, into believing that he is a changed and better person now, and not the person he used to be. That kid is just full of it.

edit on 12/19/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
lmao. That was great→ Seeing Ozzy win the 'card stacking' challenge.

Sophie trying to boss Albert around, was pretty funny too. It didn't look like Albert was gonna do it anyways, but regardless, I don't think Jeff should have intervened. They all know that these are individual challenges. If someone leaves their own designated area during a challenge, and helps someone else who had asked for help, they should both be disqualified from the challenge.

It is not necessary for them to be reminded that they are not allowed to flat out double team up against someone else. They already know.

After being voted out, it sounded like Rick said, [color=F9FFAB]"Go on and have a seat."

I ran it through Google Translator though, and discovered that what Rick actually said was: [color=FFF069]"Sit your ass back down Coach, and don't even think about touching me."

I'll never fully understand why so many people always end up taking it personally. Only 1 person can win the million. The main points of this game are: [color=D9B56C]Trust, Deception, & Betrayal. if you cannot do those 3, then you will not win.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by swoopaloop

[color=FF725C]Fair Warning:

[color=FF725C]I'm in the process of watching it now, so IF you happen to get back on here before watching the finale, and IF you don't wanna know anything before watching it, then read no further.

Originally posted by swoopaloop

..... I hope that Brandon doesn't win. Last thing I want to hear is him praise jesus and god for the entire reunion for letting him win compared to letting his uncle win.

Don't rule out that possibility just yet. He will praise Jesus either way.....

I loved seeing what the final redemption challenge was. As soon as Jeff said, "Today's duel is very simple: Hold onto the pole as long as you can." I knew Ozzy was gonna win.

[color=ADFF94]Ozzy is basically like a monkey that can swim and fish. No way Brandon could beat him at hanging onto a pole. BUT, I won't deny that Ozzy did look a little shakey, a couple different times during that challenge.

........Right after touching the ground, and losing the duel, Brandon looks to the sky and says, "Thank you father."
To me, it seems like Brandon is just trying to fool someone back home, into believing that he is a changed and better person now, and not the person he used to be. That kid is just full of it.

I felt pretty sorry for Brandon during the Finale Reunion when he explained that almost his whole family was ashamed that he lost and played the game the way he did. That Hantz family is tough that's for sure.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm disappointed with the show finale. Annoyed at Coach for voting OZ instead of Albert.

Bah! Humbug!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yeah, but that would have been a dumb move (taking Ozzy to the final), with Oz's guaranteed votes.

He didn't betray his tribe, in order to help out the other tribe. He betrayed his tribe, in order to hopefully help out himself. Just because his plan was idiotic, and backfired on him, that doesn't make it any less of a selfish act.

It wasn't an idiotic plan. Strategically, it was brilliant. Unfortunately for Cochran: a) he didn't make it based on strategy, but fear (of drawing lots), and b) Coach's tribe was too stupid to realize that Cochran (guaranteed no votes) was the BEST person to have sitting next to you in the final!

Sophie won because: a) Ozzie lost immunity, b) she's not Coach or Albert. She didn't win due to being Sophie. I would have rather seen Coach take it, just because he and Ozzy were really the only ones actually PLAYING the game vs. follow the leader.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You watching the new one?

My God, who are those people? They're all insane. Colton is a despot.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

It's amazing how much power they are giving that guy....
Personally, he's the most annoying example of that type of stereotype one can imagine.
I would have voted him off in the first tribal, just for doing nothing around camp.

The men's team is a mess, that's for sure. Complete role-reversal...whereas the women's team finally got their stuff together. They still have their issues (they need to boot the one that lost the challenge for them), but overall, they are in a better position.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join