It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough with the 9/11 threads

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't see the point of "giving it a rest" when there are so many questions and so few answers.
To give it a rest is to give up the quest for the truth.
That should never be allowed to happen, as history has proven that many times with persistent questioning the truth will emerge.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

What?

Obama's coming up for re-election soon.

It seems that another 9/11 is the only thing that will get him re-elected.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Well said JibbyJedi.

He's too young to understand.

Let him come back in, say, ten years, he may have a little more experience of life then.

But not as we know it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenOhhTwo
Either go all the way or dont go at all..

^ that part makes sense,

dude, IF someone murders your mom, do you tell the police to just ... let it go... move on.... its been ten years now, you dont wanna see justice, things happen for a reason, stop trying to figure out the crime so u can track down the killer, its ok

WRONG you pursue the guilty until justice has been had, this is the only way to bring justice is to attempt to

so dont tell us not to.

btw if you DO tell the police that then the killer goes on to kill more people and you know what those victims relatives tell the police?

its ok dont worry about catching the killer, its ben years now, let it go, things happen for a reason......

do you see the falacy in your logic?

if everyone felt the way you do the earth would be over run with murderers rapists and thieves,

to put it simply, a world without justice,

is that the world you want? cause your sitting here encouraging it.
edit on 9/15/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Agreed, I tend to just avoid any thread with 9/11 in the title now. Some people are truthers, some people actually think the government had nothing to deal with it. But even if 99 percent of America thought it was an inside job, nothing would happen to anybody. Those in power would say it's crazy talk till the end of time.

If this were true you would already live in a fascist state and if this is your attitude towards it you're authorising any corrupt government to screw you over.

@ OP
Nazis in Germany often argue like that:
"C'mon guys its so long ago, cant we forget about it already? It happened and we should get over it..."
Most Germans learned their lesson from history and reply with sayings like:
"Never forget, Never again" and "Resist the beginning and consider the end".
It maybe inconvenient to face the same topic over and over again and it might be easier to forget it happened at all, but its important to deal with history and figure out what really happened and what led to the events, so it will never happen again.
What happened in the US after 9/11 happened in other countries before and will most likely happen again, unless the people learn their lesson from it.

Edit to add:
I just read my post again and wanted to make clear that Im not calling you a Nazi or something...
My point is that its easier to decieve you in the future if you dont know how you've been decieved before.
Nervermind the guy above me made that point much clearer

edit on 15-9-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

I don't see the point of "giving it a rest" when there are so many questions and so few answers.
To give it a rest is to give up the quest for the truth.
That should never be allowed to happen, as history has proven that many times with persistent questioning the truth will emerge.
Regards, Iwinder

Fair enough on keeping the memory of events alive, although I can't see where that will ever be a problem. Politics alone will insure we're still hearing about it many Septembers from now...decades into the future. I just thought the OP has an excellent point. How many times to make the same arguments to the same statements only to watch the same counter arguments?

I was in one a couple weeks ago making some point when I'd done a search on ATS to verify how the point might have been handled in the past and found a post VERY similar to my own from a few years back. I opened the thread to find not only was my intended post almost a mirror of what someone else had said, but so was the msg I was replying to and several more right on up the thread. Not vaguely similar mind you, but almost the same arguments back and forth.

Giving it a rest isn't about forgetting what happened...whichever of the dozens of versions one selects off the menu of theories. It's about the endless debate in pointless circles on something talked to death for over 10 years straight. Someone wake me if a genuinely NEW fact ever comes up on the 9/11 topic...I'll be all ears.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

C'mon guys enough with the 9/11 threads already.. 9/11 was 10 years ago and about 3000 people died supposedly. Now do i feel bad for the families that lost love ones of course, but you have to move on.. I lost my real father before i was even born in 1989 and my father figure in may of 2001, and it has effected me.. I have moved on though and im attempting to be the best man i can be without my father.. Whether you believe the official story, of 9/11 or some type of conspiracy we should move on.. I could understand that if your some truther then keep trying to get the truth if thats what you believe in. I personally believe 911 wasn't what they said it was but i also believe that things happen for a reason and everyone and everybody involved either will get or got what they had coming to them. If there is a conspiracy then we need to stop giving our energy to whoever wants it.. Just realize that whatever happened happened for a reason and 3000 souls if they did perish are probably at peace somehow.. Either go all the way or dont go at all..

I'm sorry, Seven, because I don't think you are intentionally trying to rile people up, here, but your logic confounds my mind. Please understand I mean no disrespect, but you moving on after your father's death is a completely different situation. Your father's death was not used as a tool to create support for wars that never should have happened. Your father's death hasn't been the precursor to millions of innocent lives that have been taken, AND CONTINUE TO BE TAKEN DAILY, as a result of these wars...and I suspect your father's death was not at the hands of NUMEROUS conspirators who, till this day, continue to live free and easy while the rest of us suffer the consequences....and will CONTINUE to suffer the consequences until the truth is accepted and dealt with so this won't happen again.

Please try to think beyond your own backyard.

I meant that, with my fathers death i know what its like to lose someone close, just in case someone lost someone during the attacks. Obviously my dad has nothing to do with it, I was just saying that we should all move on no matter what happened because there's no point in thinking backwords. I can relate to losing a family member, but why keep this memory alive?? Why do Americans continue to support horrible things??

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Good post Wrabbit, but I still stand on my belief that we cannot let this go and anyone whom is uncomfortable with the topic should not be reading the 911 threads.
I do agree that is has been going back and forth for ages with no end in sight here.
But I have noticed just recently that there are a lot of threads being started that more or less are saying enough of this debate.
A lot of new posters involved all of a sudden as well, I am not saying they are in cahoots but you never know.
As far as I am concerned this debate should never end until we have satisfactory answers.
I have re-read the OP,s opening statement and I still gather he/she wants this debate done with.
No offering of anything but just close this sucker down.
IMO this thread should be in the Rant section.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I can relate to losing a family member, but why keep this memory alive?? Why do Americans continue to support horrible things??

Because the government wants us to.Good lord ,did you see all the commoritive crap in the media and on pratically every channel over the entire weekend. Any body beside me think that is a bit weird. I mean who do you think pushes the networks to do this stuff.
I want to know when it's gonna become a national holiday.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

Hey, I'd be happy to move on if 10 years later the world wasn't still in the grip of 9/11. From the tightening of security to wars in many different countries, the effects are still being felt today.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I guess that includes the consequences of 9/11 like the war on terror?
What if Bin Laden was still out there... you would have let the alleged suspect get away then, right?
Let it go... it was 10 years ago and you should get over it

edit on 16-9-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join