It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Osama Bin Laden deserve a trial?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

I watched FOX news talk abou this, and a lady with the last name Huddy, I think, was on, and said something like,
"everyone knows he killed thousands of people, we don't need proof."

yes we do lady. yes, we do!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

I was actually thinking about this yesterday when it dawned on me that if Binladen would have been given a fair trial... he wouldve walked free right out the front door. There simply isnt any evidence that he did anything. Of course, there isnt a jury in this nation that would let that happen, so a fair trial would have been impossible. The fact is however, the man was never actually charged with anything even up to the day that seal team 6 alledegly stormed his mansion (I thought he was in a cave?) and shot him dead. But did he deserve a trial? To be honest, I think the man has been dead for over 9 years so it really doesnt even matter.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
text book example of whats wrong with USA as a whole ,.

there is no proof of that fellow even existing for the past 10 years
so all we have is the WORD of USA that he did what he did and that he's dead ,

i was under the impression that ALL war criminals be trialed in hague but it seams that is not the case any more ,

USA handled this as a scammer in my opinion ,

you went to a restaurant with a fake recipt and a picture of a fly in a bowl of soup , demanded that you get a new bowl or the customers in the restaurant would be shown the picture of the fly in the soup and be told of how bad management was in that establishment and that surely there must be more flies flying around since one landed in your soup bowl,

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Of course. A trial is to prove guilt, evidence would have been given (or not) and Osama (assuming he really was who he was made out to be) could give evidence in his defence.

This is why one never took place.

And won't for Gadaffi, if they get the chance...
edit on 16-9-2011 by AR154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Osama bin "idiot" got what he deserved --- TWO IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD...

CASE CLOSED

AND YET ANOTHER REASON WHY ATS IS DEAD.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tom1701

ats is dead because a decent amount think obl should have had a trial? What? Does that make sense? Why put "two in the back of da head" of an unarmed man when you're going to carry his dead corpse out anyways? Easier transport a live person than a dead one. And its called justice, why you put him on trial. What are you scared of? What is everyone so scared of? Its 2011 and humans still have a subconscious of turmoil and fear and unknowing? Evolve people.. Ask for proof.. Deman trials.. Cant just shoot people someone says did something.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Elisabeth Hasselbeck's feigned indignance was galling to say the least. I just happened to sit down with a coffee and saw that episode.

Of course bin Laden deserved a trial just as anyone else should. I was appalled that a tv personality could be so ignorant as she was that day. But then its msm, so I suppose shouldn't have expected anything else.

For the record, I also have difficulty believing the whole shot on site in Pakistan and dumped in the ocean business. That story stinks to high heaven. It just too conveniently ended the bin Laden saga and got it off the table; especially since the truth may have been just too much for the American and world public and might have made the US gubmint look too bad.

They still look bad anyway. The pile of lies just keeps getting higher and higher. The truth is so buried now I doubt we will ever get a glimpse of it again.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Yes he did. Even those in Nazi Germany got a trial so this should have been no different. You can't preach democracy and law to others when you barely abide by those rules yourself.
At the very least it would have been fantastic propaganda for the west considering they could list of all the horrible crimes in court. And they could have taken the moral high ground by not killing him. In the eyes of the world this would have looked very good; but sadly they just killed him which just furthers the american world police stuff.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Human beings deserve a trial, he was not human!! he deserved the be chopped up into small peices and fed to pigs.. the ocean is tainted with his evil now!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ototheb85
Human beings deserve a trial, he was not human!! he deserved the be chopped up into small peices and fed to pigs.. the ocean is tainted with his evil now!!!

To be fair Nazi war criminals were put on trial and they did much worse things than Bin Laden.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
You could just set him loose in the middle of times square and let him be judged by the kin of those who he claimed responsibility for killing.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noviz
To be fair Nazi war criminals were put on trial and they did much worse things than Bin Laden.

To be realistic,

It was open season on NAZI's during the war. It wasn't until after the war that there were trials

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

Did Osama Bin Laden deserve a trial?

Obviously I agree with the OPs edit, the question answers itself. How on earth can we justify not giving him a trial. Regardless of the fact they have no hard evidence linking him to 911, they apparently can link him to the USS Cole bombing, and he would surely never see a day of freedom (or possibly life) again anyways. He's already guilty, that's a given.

But what kind of a farce is it for us to consider ourselves living in lands of justice, and under what moral authority can we go about the globe forcing our laws and ways on people, while not even following them ourselves?

It's a sham. If they indeed did kill him in that raid, which is still debatable, it was more to ensure no trial would happen than an act of revenge, because regardless of what you believe about OBL and 911, what that man would have said in court would be extremely dangerous.

Beyond that, as the details morphed and changed into the current version of events in that raid, OBL was unarmed and not resisting because he wasn't even given a chance to.

I'm not saying the seal was wrong to double or triple tap him, but those who made the decision and gave that order were. If OBL was behind 911 and is the leader of a magical globe swarming terrorist network with agents behind every curtain, we've completely squandered the opportunity to exploit that intelligence. The US proved long ago it's not above torture, and it's not above shipping prisoners off to other countries to be "interrogated". There is no excuse.

If you don't believe in justice for a criminal, you don't believe in justice for anyone.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Whether they executed a real man, or a construct/fantasy enemy, either way it worked to close the case.
Now they can say, "Time to move on people"; "just forget about it".

Continuing the Osama bin Laden fable was becoming untenable; no good ending was possible, and they had to close it somehow; so they staged a take down. "Now everybody be happy". And lots of people were.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by ka119

I watched FOX news talk abou this, and a lady with the last name Huddy, I think, was on, and said something like,
"everyone knows he killed thousands of people, we don't need proof."

yes we do lady. yes, we do!

Even if you have the most solid evidence anyone has ever seen any human being should be given a fair trial regardless of how much of a bastard he was lol.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

Nah, he got what he deserved. Live by the sword die by the sword. If not for 9/11 then for the USS Cole. Either way he met his maker and in the NY/Sicilian way.

He is sleeping with the fish

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Considering that 9/11 was never pin pointed on him i would say yes.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
As miuch as it makes my skin crawl, Bin Laden should have been tried in an international court of law. As one poster here quite rightlly pointed out the Nazis were tried and either imprisoned/hanged etc. However i also beleive that no matter what earthly/human courts do, we all face an ultimate Judgement after we die. Evidence is found in all religions for this idea in one form or another. So i am sure Bin Laden will be judged by the Creator he used as an excuse to kill so many thousands.

As an additional observation to this debate, did Bin Laden's many victims have a fair chance of saying goodbye? No. Bin Laden has caused pain to so many families and that is not going away anytine soon, it will take at least two generations for that to even begin to ease. So i am not shedding any tears over Bin Laden. He is one less scumbag the world has to deal with.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Even Saddam Hussein was given a trial

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Yes, everyone deserves a fair trial. HOWEVER, it was well known that Osama Bin Laden didn't want a trial. Osama said himself many times that he would resist capture and die fighting, and become a martyr. He did try to fight back when the raid happened, and that is why he was killed.

If all things are as they seem......... I am pretty sure the gov. would rather capture him and interrogate him. I don't think they had a choice though, and he threatened the SEAL team, and that caused his death.

edit on 16-9-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join