It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Osama Bin Laden deserve a trial?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The answer to the question is simple:
Did Osama Bin Laden deserve a trial? The answer is yes.
Not cause we are any different than any one else in the world, but because we believe in the rule of law, and that rule would dictate that a trial should have been given, along with a prosecution, judge, jury and defense.
Where to hold the trial, where he could be given a fair hearing, that is a totally another topic.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
A TRIAL? For Bin Laden? The jack@$& deserved a lot worse than he got. A trial would have been a moot point anyway. He made taped confessions to the world, without any coersion from anyone. He persisted in his pursuit of the fall of America and the death of it's citizens. If a police officer comes upon a murderer that has killed people and was in the active pursuit of killing more people, he would take action to stop said murderer. I cannot stand the President, but he made the right call. People are so concerned these days about political correctness, unwillingness to offend others, and being the so called "better person", that they fail to actually look at a situation for what it really is and do what is right. Taking a person out who's sole commitment in life is the destruction and death of others is the right freaking thing to do. A lot of people just don't realize that yes, you can go too far and when you do, you give up your rights! This is a ridiculous question. The man deserved to die... horribly. He got lucky it was just a double tap from a Seal.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
He did deserve a trial- because I like to think **I** would deserve one if I were accused of doing something horrid.

It has nothing to do with my personal feelings about the man- it has everything to do with my feelings about justice for me and the people I love- if THEY were in his position.

The law is supposed to be the law and justice is supposed to be attached.
You aren't supposed to go bomb a home in another country without the government's permission.
I'd hate it if THAT happened to my family too.

Now, I have no intentions of ever being like OBL in any way, but anyone can be accused of anything. Personally, everything I know has been 2nd hand.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Noooooooooo! Why put him on show? He admitted he was guilty. I think in regards all terrorists theyshould just be shot. Find out who they are, where they are and plug them in the back of the head leaving them face down in the dirt of whichever particular dump they happen to be hiding in.

No martyrdom. Just the anti climatic end they deserve.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by anumohi
binladen could have easily been taken into custody without killing anyone

Okay, how would you do it? If you can come up with something better than publicly available TTPs, I promise to forward your suggestions to Admiral McRaven.

he was in a small compound, like a prison, he had no way to escape, he was going nowhere.

all that needed to be done was to wait him out, maybe force him to waste all his ammo, and if he chose suicide then that would have been his decision. chances are he would have just given up peacefully, he really wasn't a fighter, he was a communicator. everyone in the intelligence community always knew where he was, including the bush team, so it wasn't any real surprise anyway, if any of the story is even real about him being alive???
edit on 17-9-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

""The pieces of the bodies of infidels were flying like dust particles. If you would have seen it with your own eyes, you would have been very pleased, and your heart would have been filled with joy." -- At the wedding of his son in southern Kandahar about the 17 sailors who died suicide bombing of the USS Cole off the coast of Yemen"

You really think this scumbag "deserved" a trial?

He reveled in American death. He felt ALL Americans deserved death. He celebrated when it happened. He bragged about his involvement. And you feel he DESERVED a trail?

Why some of you even live in this country utterly baffles me.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I saw this little video clip on TV the other day and I agree with Moore here. He did deserve a trial, because it would have been found he was either deliberately led to organize some sheeple for 9/11 or did not commit the crime, which is why DoD and DHS along with the Feds did not want to give him a trial, even if it was through a military tribunal. Taliban has come out and said they were not responsible for 9/11, which leaves Al Qaeda and Bin Laden, however the CIA has had links to Bin Laden in the past, and Clinton had the opportunity to kill him and did not, so there are a lot of discrepancies when it comes to UBL,

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

binladen could have easily been taken into custody without killing anyone

Okay, how would you do it? If you can come up with something better than publicly available TTPs, I promise to forward your suggestions to Admiral McRaven.

he was in a small compound, like a prison, he had no way to escape, he was going nowhere.

all that needed to be done was to wait him out,

A prolonged siege would require infiltrating at least a company of combat troops into Abottabad,* along with sufficient combat support and logistics to support them. And then there's the matter of the Pakistanis to deal with. They wouldn't take kindly to Americans besieging one of their residents in a heavily militarized area, so figure maybe a battalion-sized task force to hold off the Pakistani military and/or whatever militia or terrorists Osama could summon. It would turn into a shooting war, maybe with artillery. Numerous US and Pakistani military would die, and probably some Pakistani civilians. The diplomatic fallout would be catastrophic. Maybe literally. Remember that these guys have nukes, and their government isn't the most reliable, stable entity in the world.

* I actually have no idea if a company would be sufficient, insufficient, or grossly overwhelming. I've never seen US forces besieging a compound. The only modern sieges I can think of all took place in the US: Waco, Ruby Ridge, etc. None of them ended in an entirely satisfactory manner.

maybe force him to waste all his ammo,

By shooting it into American servicemembers?

and if he chose suicide then that would have been his decision.

You were asked to support your claim that Osama could have been "easily ... taken into custody." Letting him commit suicide doesn't get him into custody, does it?

chances are he would have just given up peacefully,

Not based on any intel I've ever seen, or the actual events as they played out between 11 September 2001 and 2 May 2011.

he really wasn't a fighter, he was a communicator. everyone in the intelligence community always knew where he was, including the bush team,

Everybody knew? You're telling me if I had bothered to look up "Osama bin Laden" in Intelink-S it would've given me the grid for his house? Or did they "know" in some kind of metaphysical sense that precluded them from actually telling anybody, the way we know what love is or the color of a sunset?

Thank you for your comments, but I won't be forwarding them to Admiral McRaven at this time.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ka119

Personally, I know that had I been a member of SEAL Team Six and was the first one in the room, I would have shot him too. The thing we don't always realize as civilians is that in combat, adrenaline is surging like never before, when you actually see and acquire your target a whole new burst is let through your bloodstream. Im sure whether we like to admit it or not, the majority of us would have shot him on the spot as well.

Since Osama can't go to trial how about lets put the Seal Team Six member on trail for killing an innocent man in cold blood. Osama was innocent until proven guilty in a court of law so that Seal Team Six member is a murderer.

Adrenaline in combat? You really think that would make a good defense? I thought Training was supposed to overcome that kind of thing and isn't Seal Team Six supposed to be very highly trained and disciplined? You telling me the training failed?

Makes Seal Team Six look like a bunch of children playing solider from where I'm sitting.

I would say I hope that guy offs himself with the guilt of killing an innocent man but I know they are trained to kill innocent men all the time. You know what I do when one of them gets killed in action? I thank God that another cold blooded killer is put down and out of this world.

I know what training can do to a man it's not all patriotic training to survive and only kill the bad guy, they create monsters of men to do their bidding. Most grunts don't see this but there are men on this forum that have done horrible things they were ordered to do for Uncle Sam and they liked it too. They took pleasure in killing men women and children in cold blood. They wont talk about it openly but they know...they have nightmares when they can sleep, drink themselves silly when they can't or are now so cold they have no soul...This could be your brother, dad or husband, this could be you..scary stuff.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Since Osama can't go to trial how about lets put the Seal Team Six member on trail for killing an innocent man in cold blood. Osama was innocent until proven guilty in a court of law so that Seal Team Six member is a murderer.

Tier one Special Forces do not operate under the ROE (rules of engagement) that other branches of the military do, so that would not happen, even if Osama was some innocent, fun loving man who loved to frolic in the daisies as you make him sound.
Careful, you may be next on the SEAL Teams list, they are murderers ya know.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
If the 9/11 Official Story is true then there would be no reason not to have a trial. Show the evidence to a jury and the verdict is easy. But then again, if it is not true and bin Laden can't be counted on to keep quiet about what he knows, well, then a trial would be out of the question.

This...

and apart from that he is dead since 2001, so it is useless to talk about it.

Dumb, dumber ... Elisabeth Hasselbeck. She is the dumbest person I have ever seen on TV. She should stick to celebrity BS and stay out of serious talk.
edit on 17-9-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

Dear ka119

Did Osama Bin Laden deserve a trial???????

Perhaps or even perhaps not, but here is the point we did.

Sorry but you guys just have not got it yet.

You are being played like a cheap fiddle.

Just have a think about this, when was the last time you saw a video of him??? Five years ago or so right?? Anyway before someone jumps on my back it is a good while, Right?

Question WHY???

He is supposedly living in a nice comfortable villa in Pakistan???

Yet no Video calling on the Great Satan???????? Or alike WHY???

I will tell you WHY because it is all BS.

He could not go to trial because of what he may have said.

Wake up and listen to the fiddle music

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
Just have a think about this, when was the last time you saw a video of him??? Five years ago or so right??

More like five months ago.

Double tap post.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

(CBS News) One of the most revealing videos of Osama bin Laden released by the Pentagon today presents a startling image: A haggard-looking Osama bin Laden huddled in a blanket and ski cap, holding a remote control, watching television news coverage of himself.

by the Pentagon today

Get that fiddle out

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
by the Pentagon today

Get that fiddle out

I have no idea what you're trying to say. Why don't you drop the musical instrument metaphors? You're not very good at them.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Tier one Special Forces do not operate under the ROE (rules of engagement) that other branches of the military do, so that would not happen, even if Osama was some innocent, fun loving man who loved to frolic in the daisies as you make him sound.

Oh I'm sure Osama was guilty of murdering somebody but not sure he pulled the two towers job, I'm not saying hes Lilly white, just not proven guilty of that charge.

I didn't know certain special forces were not subject to the same rules of engagement as other combatants. I'll have to look that up.. if they are above the law, then that law needs to be changed.

Let em come find me, heck I'll even talk about their mothers. I know what country I live in and I know my rights, Their rules of engagements whatever they are do not apply to law abiding American citizens

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Nah, they wouldn't bother themselves. Some folks are just plain beneath notice, not worth even the effort involved in a 2 ounce trigger pull.

Stop scaring the kids. That's just mean.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I would say your right but you did notice me in your post so I guess I'm not beneath notice after all :-) I wonder, what is it about my post above that you find is so off that makes you think I'm beneath notice. If your going to claim I'm beneath notice you better be prepared to back that up mister and not just toss around snide verbalizations. Clearly something I posted set you off, I wanna know what it is. Lets discuss the issue.

edit on 17-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Oh I'm sure Osama was guilty of murdering somebody but not sure he pulled the two towers job, I'm not saying hes Lilly white, just not proven guilty of that charge.

I didn't know certain special forces were not subject to the same rules of engagement as other combatants. I'll have to look that up.. if they are above the law, then that law needs to be changed.

Let em come find me, heck I'll even talk about their mothers. I know what country I live in and I know my rights, Their rules of engagements whatever they are do not apply to law abiding American citizens

A mea culpa is an admission guilt. When he took responsibility, he issued a mea culpa.

I for one think he was not in Pakistan or Afghanistan the whole time, I think he was in the US when it happened and I think he has so many people around the world who were willing to hide him knowing that he is responsible.

I want to know this, if it were a staged event by the US government, then why was the Hague evacuated, why was Buckingham Palace evacuated and why was Bill Clinton grounded in Australia? Not only was he grounded but the Australian government had to put him in hiding.

Do you really think the British ambassador in New York called Queen Elizabeth and said "The US government is staging an even to make it look like airplanes hit the WTC so you need to pretend it did too and fly away to make it look legitimate for the US government."
edit on 9/17/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

And OBL states in his fatwa over and over again..the suspension of Sharia law for civil law. He very clearly intended on replacing our Constitution with Sharia law, and he published it. So whose moral code is right?

Whose moral law is right? Well our's is of course.

Maybe we have to look at the bigger picture. If our intention is to rule over these countries and consume their natural resources, then I am perfectly fine with using overwhelming force and enjoying the spoils of war. None of this gray area junk that gets our troops killed while trying to protect the enemy though. If we want to rule over these countries, then we need to do so by force, not flip-flopping on diplomacies.

On the other hand, if our intention is to enlighten and liberate these countries and spread our brand of freedom and democracy, then we have to take the high moral road at every turn, no matter the cost, and we must lead by example and live and die by our morals even if it hampers the military effort.

In my opinion there is no in-between. If we follow the current protocol, and we try to have it both ways, we only sacrifice US lives, and create new generations of enemies that grow up wanting to avenge the wrongs we have sporadically caused. We are digging ourselves in deeper, and creating a prolonged war with an increasingly hardening enemy.

Either we WIN the dam war, or we ride our morals at all costs, but we can't continue to not win, and also not stick to our morals.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join