It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars The pictures NASA edited.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
For about 2 years now i have taken a small interest in Mars as it was brought to my attention that maybe we were not being told the full truth. Then i heard that almost every mars probe apart from american probes seemed to burn up on entry, go missing or crash. Lately i have been interested in quite a few sites and publications about the fact that NASA may be covering up the pictures sent back by probes by editing and showing us only what they want us to see. Please take a look at the link and i will be posting more shortly (when i remember where they are)

mars-news.de...

xfacts.com...

This bottom link is a good one for pics

[edit on 24-8-2004 by thesaint]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So if anyone has any decent links on this subject or any experience with the storys then please get back.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have quickly had a look at those links that you just posteed, I must say that its interesting, however isnt it at all possible taht the colours on the pictures were mearly altered in someway ? Still interesting topic, look forward to seeing more information pop up.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well Ladyv with all respect i tried out your link however it was a empty ATSnews page.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Well Ladyv with all respect i tried out your link however it was a empty ATSnews page.

Hmm, I just clicked it and it worked just fine..
It's whole large thread about the Mars images and editing...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Worked fine for me aswell, dude check your browser.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i thought what made skies blue was water and other things in the air? if its true how can mars have a blue sky? think about that.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The Thread works fine...It hesitated for me a bit...but it works..

Kano Worked his butt off producing that thread.
Quite a piece of work, and VERY educational..

Space

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
In The Disclosure Project Video of the Press Conference, there's a woman who worked with Nasa that said when we see an image of Earth or something from space, they edit out thing's like UFOs before they allow it to go public.
It's possible that they also edit images of Mars.

Anybody have any idea as to what that may be?

[edit on 8/25/2004 by Logical_Psycho]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
can anyone confirm what this thing is on mars?

www.rense.com...

[edit on 25-8-2004 by enrage]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

That object to the right looks kind of metallic, so it could just be something from the rover.
As for the object to the left, I don't know.
I was reading a couple things suggested about lighting and fulgurites.
www.amnh.org...
"How can you find a fulgurite? 'All you have to do is go to any beach and start digging,' says University of Florida professor Martin A. Uman"
But what could dig the sand or material to expose the object on Mars?
Maybe a sand storm? Winds?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Logical_Psycho

Looks like a pile of dust/sand. A circular Dune field.
Circular Dunes are possible, especially, in the bottom of a circular depression, like a crater.

There are many craters on Mars that have Dune fields at the bottom.

We have a rover at the bottom of Endurance Crater Inspecting one Now.

This link is to a Mars Global Surveyor page, that shows more of these
features, including the one you submitted.

Context images

If you can find images of the same feature, taken a decent amount of time apart, you might be able to see changes in the feature, as they are dynamic,
and shift over time..

Enrage,

That bunny thing, is most likely a piece, of the lander airbag..
There are a few threads her on ATS discussing it.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by enrage
can anyone confirm what this thing is on mars?
www.rense.com...

It's part of the landing mechanism which tore off.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Wow does someone open up every image that NASA gives us and zooms in on every little thing on there

Anyway I read for several hours about the color differences in the photos that NASA sends us and it doesn�t seem like they are trying to screw us over in anyway. Although I do think that they would be able to fix this problem as stated by MM but that�s just me. It can be weird, the things that they do, but that does not mean that they haven�t done it for a reason. We should be happy that we got these pics at all, even if they are not the right color.

Somewhere in someone�s post I came across how they removed all the blue from the pics but like stated in the long posts by K it�s complicated. It would be cool to have a blue sky on Mars though (not saying there isn�t).

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
In case its not obvious the last object is a GOLF Ball

I play GOLF and thats exactly what they look like in a sand trap. You can even see the dimples on the ball.

Either its a fake, their are golfers on mars or that long drive I hit was further than I thought! If my initials on the other side I want it back.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by IXRAZORXI321]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IXRAZORXI321
In case its not obvious the last object is a GOLF Ball

I play GOLF and thats exactly what they look like in a sand trap. You can even see the dimples on the ball.

Either its a fake, their are golfers on mars or that long drive I hit was further than I thought! If my initials on the other side I want it back.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by IXRAZORXI321]

Your right it does look like a golf ball. In case you didn�t see the other pictures in the series that leads up to that hole it is a trail that some people are calling giant worm holes and stuff but really, it does look like someone just hit a golf ball and it rolled and then bounced into the spot it is now. It doesn�t have to be from Mars either, we can make fake environments.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterofpuppets
i thought what made skies blue was water and other things in the air? if its true how can mars have a blue sky? think about that.

Actually I think it's the other way around. The blue sky reflects off the water making it blue-ish. If not then wouldn't the sky be brown and green over land? I'm sure there's a better explaination but I believe this to be somwhat accurate.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The "Worm Trails" are actually sand dunes.
And as for the whole Golf Ball Dealie... what the hell?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
How did U ever remember the link to that picture? Either you got a memory to die for, or you spend entirely too long online!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join