It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin, where might it strike the Earth ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Go to 15 minutes and watch until 22 minutes. In fact watch the whole video. I would say more, but this is really nauseating if it is true. If anyone else is in the know, they should start talking.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Go to 15 minutes and watch until 22 minutes.

Started watching at 14:30
He lies about the WISE telescope.
I stopped watching after that.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

haha 1hr 30 mins....started with a prayer to god....somehow i think il just not bother with this one haha

Its not going to hit earth...get over it

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It's not going to hit the earth... can you believe that? Science has proven this to be the case!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

To answer the question posed in your title... Nowhere. First off it is going to be millions of kilometers from Earth. Do you worry about Venus impacting Earth? That's how far away it is going to be. Second it has now broken up into tiny pieces probably not much bigger than a couple meters. If any of these managed to hit Earth they would be completely burnt up going through the atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
That is really something new and very interesting - (I watched only between 15 and 22 min)
I wonder if this is another coincidence or what!?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

haha 1hr 30 mins....started with a prayer to god....somehow i think il just not bother with this one haha

Its not going to hit earth...get over it

I started to watch it until I saw that it was a religous group.

I cant wait until Elenin is on its way out of the solar system so we can put these threads to rest.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Go to 15 minutes and watch until 22 minutes. In fact watch the whole video. I would say more, but this is really nauseating if it is true. If anyone else is in the know, they should start talking.

www.youtube.com...

Elenin is so close to Earth at this point, I'd imagine every amateur, let alone professional working with more than bargain level equipment on a back porch can see Elenin..or would, if it were still alive and strong as a Comet. The idea anything is secret or hidden at THIS point is patently ridiculous.

I also fell into the concern and worry over previous months....when NASA and other National agencies were the primary source of information. That is definitely not the case at this late hour...so never fear. The Chorus of screaming astronomers the world over would be deafening by now if this had any REAL threat to it.

Just my two cents in a respectful and gentle way on Elenin.

edit on 15-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
it will not in the first place. i'm sorry to disappoint the doom addicted folk who are most probably looking forward to an apocalyptic aftermath and think that life itself would be a sci fi movie or novel.

There are many photos posted on the web, but be careful: the great majority of the images that come up in a Google search are not of Comet Elenin but of other comets or artist impressions (and some are fakes). For one good example see photos from Bernhard Hausler taken in early March [thewatchers.adorraeli.com...]. The comet is too faint to be seen or photographed with a small telescope; people who say the comet has disappeared or photos are being suppressed are lying.

I am worried about the effects of the fear campaign about Comet Elenin that is being waged on the Internet. We all remember the Heaven's Gate cult that became so obsessed with Comet Hale-Bopp in 1997 that the members committed mass suicide [en.wikipedia.org...'s_Gate_(religious_group)]. I don't want anything like that to happen again, so I will answer this and the following questions about Comet Elenin. Perhaps I can also promote some critical thinking about these claims.

Dr. David Morrison is a NASA Senior Scientist and the Director of the Carl Sagan Center for Study of the Origin of Life, which is part of the SETI Institute in Mountain View CA. His primary interests are the multidisciplinary science of astrobiology, the protection of Earth from asteroid impacts, and science outreach and education. Morrison was previously the Director of the NASA Lunar Science Institute and Senior Scientist in the NASA Astrobiology Institute at Ames Research Center. He has published more than 155 technical papers and a dozen books, including five university-level textbooks. In 2005 he received the Carl Sagan medal of the American Astronomical Society for communicating science to the public. He is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the California Academy of Sciences, and the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry. Asteroid 2410 Morrison is named in his honor.

source

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

ShutUP! Your giving us way to much information....backed up by solid facts. Your amazing~ simply amazing....

I would love to say something like that to you..................but alas... I cannot.

When you debate a subject, or, have something that is different then the info given you cannot in your wildest dreams even begin to imagine that we would believe you on your word alone. The only thing I believe, that you said was this... "I watched." After that... I stopped believing anything you said.

I cannot imagine why you said he lies...you didn't give proof or even an example. I've tried to guess at what your implying and the only thing I could think of is when he mentions as of Feb 17th-11 WISE telescope was taken off line. No reason given. I googled the WISE telescope and not only found article after article that confirms this...but actually went to WISE page...it's true...it's offline!

In order to confirm what I say......................

Search WISE telescope Off Line

If your going to go as far as to call someone a liar........................... BACK IT UP or SHUTUP!~
ps...the coolant has nothing to do with why they shut it down....they even had a new mission all lined out...The pics aren't as good without the coolant...but they can still see what they were able to see with the coolant.

add
edit on 15-9-2011 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Actually a reason was given for why WISE was shut down. The thing about IR telescopes is that they require coolant to keep the instruments cool. If it doesn't have coolant it produces heat that can then affect the images it is capturing. WISE was launched in December '09 with about ten months worth of coolant. This coolant ran out in October '10, just as was expected. This meant that the WISE mission came to a close. However, it had produced such amazing results the team wanted to use the instruments that didn't require coolant to look for NEOs. Unfortunately there was no money in the budget for this. Luckily the Planetary Division at NASA agreed that this new mission should be undertaken, so they provided the WISE team enough money to keep going for one month. This started the NEOWISE mission and that first month was so successful that the Planetary Division provided money for another three months. So, not only was the shut down of WISE not anomalous, it actually ran for an extra four months as NEOWISE. All of these facts are easily found, but most Nibiru believers would rather just jump on to a conspiracy before actually checking facts.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrOysterhead

You do realise that after Elenin passes us by people will find a new thing that will threaten the earth. It'll keep going on and on!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Yes, WISE is turned off.
Just like it was planned to be. It ran out of coolant for the Infrared sensor. Just as was planned.
It did what it was supposed to do (and a bit more) just as was planned. From the beginning of the mission.

6-month survey of entire sky following a 1-month checkout, with estimated cryogen lifetime allowing 3 additional months of survey.

wise.ssl.berkeley.edu...

top topics

join