It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one in south florida area go out side now...3:32 pm Thursday 9/15

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am in fort lauderdale and it appears to be ashing outside. It is way to fine for me to photograph but I did manage to catch some in my hand, it appears to be ash like, but I smell no smoke at all.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
can you take a photo of it in your hand with your camera phone (if you have one?)
save some and have it analyzed, a lot of universities will do it for free.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This doesn't apply to you in Florida, but here in Indiana we have smoke and ash that blew in all the way from Minnesota.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

As it is white...or light gray, I was looking for some black paper.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I just read a thread that someone mentioned that as well, I'm not sure which topic I was in.

It was reported that there is some kind of controlled burning going on in the area and that ash is falling.

If I can locate the topic I read that in, I will share it here.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
www.wptv.com...

Controlled burn

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Are they burning the sugar cane fields yet this time of year?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

here you go

www.abovetopsecret.com...

its on page 11

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
its a controlled burn in west palm

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocks123
reply to post by summer5

here you go

www.abovetopsecret.com...

its on page 11

Usually you can smell them...and honestly I have never seen ash. But even the wildfires are pretty strong, in the smell dept. But even then ...no ash.

But I take your word for it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingArthur
its a controlled burn in west palm

Ok west palm controlled burn...got cha...thanks.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocks123

Thanks Rocks! Of course I finally found it and was coming to post it...Ya beat me to it

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Texas fires maybe?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Im in central Florida and i get the same thing. I can look down sight and see a hazy bluish, glad im not the only one.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I live in Ocala, Fl about 60 miles north of Orlando and it has been doing that here for 2 days now. I was in Tampa yesterday and it was so hazy that it looked like fog. I read that there is a pretty big fire going in Alachua County about 35 miles north of me but I don't see where that would cause the haze I say in Tampa yesterday. I think the news said it was a 3k acre wildfire burning.

I used to live between Daytona and Ocala in the Ocala National Forest when we had all the wildfires there a couple of years ago and it wasn't this hazy outside then. The interesting thing is that you go outside and see the haze but there is no smell of smoke anywhere.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
When I lived in New Jersey, this happened all the time. Its no big deal.
edit on 15-9-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
No ash in Coral Gables.
it's a nice day out.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

I'm starting to see the same stuff flying around (I'm in Miami). I was just outside and I saw these tiny white things flying around. Wouldn't ash have a burnt smell? These things don't smell at all. I did manage to catch a few of them in my hand but they're very frail. They turn into a white powder and kind of stay on the skin. It reminds me of dried paint.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MWStargazer
reply to post by Wetpaint72

I'm starting to see the same stuff flying around (I'm in Miami). I was just outside and I saw these tiny white things flying around. Wouldn't ash have a burnt smell? These things don't smell at all. I did manage to catch a few of them in my hand but they're very frail. They turn into a white powder and kind of stay on the skin. It reminds me of dried paint.

7:00 pm
Hazy as heck. And I still can't smell anything? I am used th the smell of wildfires around the glades, and smoke making it's wy south. But this is strange. That's why I posted. No smell, and thick haze???

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The same thing happened here in Central California about 3 years ago. I was in my backyard and these ashes started falling out of the sky.

Now, I've never seen human cremated ashes, and I don't know if it was a coincidence, but we have a small airport about a mile away, and I noticed that the ashes would fall just a little bit after the same small airplane flew by. I would guess that they were probably some family members spreading a loved ones ashes (if so, why they would choose to do it over my neighborhood, I'll never know). I do remember it was cloudy, so if it wasn't ashes being spread, it could possibly have been forest fire ashes carried here in the clouds (mountains are about 1 hour to the east from here, and small forest fires are pretty common up there). I have no idea.

Pretty weird stuff...
edit on 15-9-2011 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2011 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

top topics

join