It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this institutionalized child abuse by religion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Is this institutionalized child abuse by religion?

I see many theists teaching many strange things to their children. Like the notion that fantasy, miracles and magic are all real.

Theists showed at the I D trials that it is ok to try to lie and distort the truth to have Christian creationism taught in school. The Dino Museum is in this same class of lying.

www.youtube.com...

Some of theists teachings reach even further in terms of abuse.

African witches and Jesus
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 9
www.youtube.com...

Promoting death to Gays.
www.youtube.com...

Because of such abuses, I as a religionist and all other non literal people of spirituality are all clumped in with the above abusive groups. Insulting even you.

www.youtube.com...

What are your thoughts in terms of the children’s mental health?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

As a theist, do you want to be associated with what you have seen your fellow theists doing?

Is what I have shown child abuse or not?
As a theist, should you be doing something to aid the victims?
As a non-theist, should you be doing something to aid the victims?
Are we not all our brothers keeper and should we not all be acting in the defense of our children and grand children?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Whether it's child abuse can be argued. But the important thing to remember is that parents have the right to teach their kids what they believe. I think that trumps any accusations of "child abuse", unless the child is actually harmed by the teaching, which I think some are.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I've only watched the first video which is about creationism.
Are you seriously equating the teaching of God's creationism to children as child abuse?

You do know the origins of evolution, correct? Look up Masonry and Illuminati connections. Two groups which worship Lucifer and therefore have every reason and motive to promote and imbed that 'theory' as fact.

"Marco Polo wrote of his travels to the province of Karajan and reported on huge serpents, which at the fore part have two short legs, each with three claws. "The jaws are wide enough to swallow a man, the teeth are large and sharp, and their whole appearance is so formidable that neither man, nor any kind of animal can approach them without terror." (Polo, Marco, The Travels of Marco Polo, 1961, pp. 158-159.). His book was written in 1271 AD. There are so many other examples.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Are you seriously equating the teaching of God's creationism to children as child abuse?

You do know the origins of evolution, correct? Look up Masonry and Illuminati connections. Two groups which worship Lucifer and therefore have every reason and motive to promote and imbed that 'theory' as fact.

"Marco Polo wrote of his travels to the province of Karajan and reported on huge serpents, which at the fore part have two short legs, each with three claws. "The jaws are wide enough to swallow a man, the teeth are large and sharp, and their whole appearance is so formidable that neither man, nor any kind of animal can approach them without terror." (Polo, Marco, The Travels of Marco Polo, 1961, pp. 158-159.). His book was written in 1271 AD. There are so many other examples.

Crap, when I clicked the thread I thought it was going to be about Evolution and Humanism.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Whether it's child abuse can be argued. But the important thing to remember is that parents have the right to teach their kids what they believe. I think that trumps any accusations of "child abuse", unless the child is actually harmed by the teaching, which I think some are.

In a rhetorical sense sure. Rhetoric is often useless.
By your definition, any new Hitler would be innocent of all charges until he started his hoard killing.
Indoctrination does not hurt anyone.

With rights comes responsibility.

Are religions being responsible to Gays when one is murdered. Are they stepping up and saying that it was their indoctrination that caused the murder?
How about the death of African witches?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

That was the least offensive of them all.

And yes. that is abuse.
They will, as now, have to deal with much scorn.
But that is only the tip of what they have to believe.
Fantasy, miracles and magic come with that belief as well as a law that says unruly children are to be stoned as well as those who enjoy sex out of wedlock.
All nice and healthy attitudes.
Right?

Regards
DL

new topics

join