It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Teaches Agents: 'Mainstream' Muslims Are 'Violent, Radical'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

FBI Teaches Agents: 'Mainstream' Muslims Are 'Violent, Radical'

www.wired.com

The FBI is teaching its counterterrorism agents that “main stream” [sic] American Muslims are likely to be terrorist sympathizers; that the Prophet Mohammed was a “cult leader”; and that the Islamic practice of giving charity is no more than a “funding mechanism for combat.”

At the Bureau’s training ground in Quantico, Virginia, agents are shown a chart contending that the more “devout” a Muslim, the more likely he is to be “violent.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wired.com

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So devotion to religion is an indicator of likelyhood of violence?

The material was provided by FBI whistleblowers to Danger Room because of concerns that the FBI's depiction of Islam as inseparable from violence is exactly what Al Qaeda teaches.

According to a report by Wired in July, The Arab Mind, a book by one of Norwegian terrorist suspect Anders Behring Breivik’s favorite anti-Muslim authors, is recommended reading for new FBI agents.

www.wired.com

Be sure to read the article The chart in the article shows specific bias against Islam as opposed to against Torah or Bible belief. You must see the chart.
edit on 15-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Don't worry, they're not discriminating.

They've also released material and trained their agents that some christians, constitutionalists, Ron Paul supporters, the founding fathers of the US, and a whole host of others also have terroristic inclinations.

It reminds me of "I'm not racist - I hate everyone equally". My question is, who exactly ISN'T a possible terrorist according to these people? Only those who just happily watch TV every night and eat up everything the government tells them without question?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
..how sad... I wonder if they consider devout Christians...as potential terrorists as well..

There are some who blow up abortion clinics..(with people inside).. due to their religious beliefs..

so does that make all devout Christians suspect of terrorism acts?
edit on 15-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I was waiting to post this so I could include the graphic... but I'm glad you did it ...

There is no doubt at all that the train is off the tracks at the FBI.

The chart is meant to illustrate that over time the more devoutly Muslim practice their faith, the more violent they have become... and are.

Please, I advise everyone to actually read the article. This is one for the ages.

edit on 15-9-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars
I was trying to include the graphic as an embed when my browser crashed.

The chart depicts Torah and Christian Bible based violence decreasing over the centuries, while Koran based violence stays steady from 7th Century. This is quite arbitrarily arrived at conclusion. So, the conspiracy is to get people thinking that Torah and Bible zeal is "safe" while Koranic zeal is "dangerous", hence "Islam is a threat".

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The FBI is a little dense when it comes to Islam, unfortunately:

www.wired.com...

What does the FBI guide inform us about muslims?

-They engage in a “circumcision ritual”
-More than 9,000 of them are in the U.S. military
-Their religion “transforms [a] country’s culture into 7th-century Arabian ways.”

How very useful to know

edit on 15-9-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What's with the star on that graph?
I seriously doubt that represents fundamentalist pagans. What would they get in trouble for "stockpiling crystals and herbs?"

This is disturbing to me. I'm not a big fan of islam (which is why I'm not a muslim) but I've met some really kind, good muslims.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
That chart is weird on so many levels. Im actually confused. What I am wondering is if christians or jews tried to form some sort of rally protest would they be arrested as terrorist? Also according to MSM anyhow islam has been going around bombing areas with large amounts of people or political people I dont see anythign about the other faiths on MSM anyhow. So I am kinda confused with this whole idea and the FBI training. Good catch

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

What's with the star on that graph?
I seriously doubt that represents fundamentalist pagans. What would they get in trouble for "stockpiling crystals and herbs?"

That's a good question. Islam does use a crescent moon and star motif, but the star wouldn't be bigger than the moon, and it wouldn't be blacked out. Future expansion to include Pagans as "dangerous". As for the threat: consider this:

If Torah fundamentalism is safe in America. And US endorses Torah as public policy, as on 9 - 11 ceremony, see Obama Reads Psalm 46 at 9/11 Ceremony, then according to Torah, non-adherence to exclusive "god of Torah" worship is a threat to national survival.

DT 6:14 Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; 15 for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.

So along with plagues and drought and earthquakes being blamed on the usual suspects, who's to say if the US law enforcement might take action to "protect the country"?

DT 13:12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you to live in 13 that wicked men have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. Destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 Gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the LORD your God.

Holocaust offerings of Pagans, for "National Defense"

I think every effort should be made to keep ancient texts from becoming national policy. Freedom of religion folks, separation of church and state. These are important American values. Let's not sacrifice these values for dubious safety.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Unfortunately for the dumb ass FBI, the method of giving charity, as it is SUPPOSED to be done, is to actually FIND a poor person, and give them either money, or food. This modern day "pay through an organization" such as ISNA or MAS is just hustlenomics at its best.

The tradition of Prophet Muhammad in giving charity was not to fund war, but to uplift the poor. Sorry that they didn't study the basics of Islam.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

The tradition of Prophet Muhammad in giving charity was not to fund war, but to uplift the poor. Sorry that they didn't study the basics of Islam.

It doesn't look like honest research and study was the aim of the briefing material.

www.wired.com...
The chief of the Training Division, Assistant FBI Director Thomas Browne, came into his current job in January. His official biography lists no terrorism expertise beyond serving as a coordinator for a bureau “Domestic Terrorism Program” in Tennessee sometime in the last decade.
. . .
Several of these briefings were the work of a single author: an FBI intelligence analyst named William Gawthrop.
At the time, Gawthrop’s major suggestion for waging the war on terrorism was to attack what he called “soft spots” in Islamic faith that might “induce a deteriorating cascade effect upon the target.” That is, to discredit Islam itself and cause Muslims to abandon their religion.
. . .
Back then, however, Gawthrop didn’t work for the FBI. He had recently stepped down from a position with the Defense Department’s Counterintelligence Field Activity. That agency came under withering criticism during the Bush administration for keeping a database about threats to military bases that included reports on peaceful antiwar protesters and dovish Church groups. It is unclear how Gawthrop came to work for the FBI.

Maybe that bit I underlined should be investigated a little further.

Unfortunately for the dumb ass FBI, the method of giving charity, as it is SUPPOSED to be done, is to actually FIND a poor person, and give them either money, or food. This modern day "pay through an organization" such as ISNA or MAS is just hustlenomics at its best.

I'm not familiar with the ISNA or MAS, Even though direct giving is always best, sometimes it isn't possible because of distance.

If I lived in a large city with large homeless population it would be easy, I've been in cities before, but I live in semi-rural NW. Last winter I gave much money for tents and sleeping bags for local homeless, but the Winter was much worse in East Coast. I can't always be at the right place at the right time. Some organizations are useful. The list of organizations I will never give to again is much longer than the list I will give to again.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

So devotion to religion is an indicator of likelyhood of violence?

Well, when the religion in question is islam it does...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman

Well, when the religion in question is islam it does...

See Torah quotes above. In fact read Deuteronomy and ask yourself if zeal for Torah leads to peaceful coexistence or segregationist violence. Early American history involved many instances of Christians using Torah as public policy, and executing people for what today would be considered practicing alternative religion.

Segregational teachings of Torah were also invoked as justification of native extermination in America. That FBI chart under discussion sure doesn't take this fairly recent history into consideration.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
That FBI chart under discussion sure doesn't take this fairly recent history into consideration.
You consider that recent? So, the 9/11 attacks must have been yesterday in your world? Islam is not like other religions. It is a death cult that guarantees a theocracy when it's adherents follow it to the letter. You think Christians don't treat you nice? Go live in an islamic country and practice your "alternative religion" there.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

And so what? What if that's the case?

Was it not muslim-extremists that collided some airliners into WTC 1 & 2?

All of the evidence points towards this being true even though it's unwelcome news to some.

IMHO, you have opinions that won't change and you're finding things to pick at.

If you're willing to change and -listen- then maybe... maybe.
edit on 15-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
the fbi is right here.

the september 11th hihackers met and planned in a mosque in germany which has since been closed.

anywhere you have a mosque you will find more radicals using the cover of moderates and yes they do sympathize with them.

for people to understand what they are saying take the 2 party poltical system here at home

the moderates sympathize with the more radicals get the picture now?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

You consider that recent?

"This war did not spring up on our land, this war was brought upon us by the children of the Great Father who came to take our land without a price, and who, in our land, do a great many evil things... This war has come from robbery - from the stealing of our land."
- Spotted Tail
Indian Wars Timeline
October 5, 1898 - Battle of Leech Lake - Considered the last "Indian War," an uprising of Chippewa occurred when one of their tribe was arrested on Lake Leech in northern Minnesota.

That qualifies as recent, considering the time period of the chart- 1400BC to 2010

So, the 9/11 attacks must have been yesterday in your world?

According to the chart.

Islam is not like other religions. It is a death cult that guarantees a theocracy when it's adherents follow it to the letter.

I don't know enough about Islam to make such a judgment. I do know "Judeo-Christian" "following Torah to the letter" is a death cult which guarantees a theocracy under a Messianic emperor of one world dictatorship and one world religion.

You think Christians don't treat you nice? Go live in an islamic country and practice your "alternative religion" there.

Have I complained about personal treatment? The Muslims are current target of official scrutiny and suspicion. What's the old truism? If I don't speak up now, I'm next? Something like that.

I was born here, many generation American. If I go elsewhere, then I won't be home.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Was it not muslim-extremists that collided some airliners into WTC 1 & 2?

All of the evidence points towards this being true even though it's unwelcome news to some.

I don't know who did that. The evidence I've heard first - hand is that GWB saw a live feed of both planes hitting. So some one with direct access to GW was able to have cameras in place beforehand, with all necessary channels open from NYC to Sarasota Florida and have the TV screen in front of his face to see both collisions in real time, live.

Were these "enemies of the state" or "enemies of the citizens" ? Ah, that is the question.

But this isn't a 911 conspiracy thread, this is a current documented FBI program of religious discrimination in America. I say again. If the US gives up its liberties such as freedom of religion and separation of church and state, for some bogus feeling of security, then the terrorists have won; whoever they may be

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
ISNA was mentioned in a previous post. That's Islamic Society of North America. I found an interesting bit on their web sight:

ISNA STATEMENT OF POSITION: WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE BELIEVE
09-12-07 11:32

ISNA has always maintained an open, collaborative working relationship with government at all levels, and was very disturbed in May when the Department of Justice named ISNA on a list of “unindicted co-conspirators” in the federal terrorism prosecution of the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development. ISNA has engaged legal counsel to protect its rights and maintain its organizational integrity and credibility by immediate removal of ISNA from this list. We understand that ISNA is not a target in this prosecution or any pending investigation, and that the listing of ISNA was not to imply that ISNA was part of a criminal conspiracy or that it acted with any criminal intent, but rather, it was a legal tactic to permit the government to seek the admission of evidence that would otherwise be excluded. ISNA is confident that its name will be removed from the list so that the organization’s reputation is cleared.

This is a little bit dated, but in order to get evidence against Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development, the Justice Department did indict some prominent academics in order to acquire false-witness testimony against HLFRD, as part of plea bargain agreement.

Testimony and evidence

It was claimed during the 2007 trial that the Justice Department fabricated quotes and modified transcripts.[11] Critics faulted much of the evidence given during the trial. The New York Times journalist Leslie Eaton said Israeli agents using pseudonyms testified for the prosecution. The government did not allege that the foundation paid directly for suicide bombings, but instead that the foundation supported terrorism by sending more than $12 million to charitable groups, known as zakat committees, which build hospitals and feed the poor. The prosecution said the committees were controlled by Hamas, and contributed to terrorism by helping Hamas spread its ideology and recruit supporters.[12] Some of these charitable committees were still receiving US funding through the USAID programme as late as 2006.

Very selective prosecutions. Why didn't USAID get prosecuted for donating to the same charities as HLFRD?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join