It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: 2 Planes Crash in Russia, Second Plane Transmits Hijacking

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
They send their women to do their dirty work in Russia.

What I would like to see is for the west to become involved in a joint effort in "cleaning up" the Russian underworld. We seem to be so concerned about China's counterfeiting western products, but when it comes to the filth Russian organized crime is smearing over the face of that desperate nation...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Interesting... Anyone else smell something rotten?

URL
www.mosnews.com...

On Wednesday, August 25, following the news of the double aircraft disaster, State Duma Deputy Valery Draganov suggested grouping all Russian airlines into one state-run monopoly. This would allow for better servicing of the airplane fleet, better flight organization and more financial means to renew the fleet, said the deputy.

Having found out about the tragedy that happened to two of our air jets, I came to the conclusion that it is necessary to change the legislature in order to create a single airline, and I already began to hold consultations in this direction, said Draganov. The deputy expressed an opinion that a single airline would have more financial opportunities for timely renewal of their fleet of planes, their servicing and organization of flights.

At the present time every region of Russia has a large and several small airlines, and it is highly doubtful that all of them have qualified maintenance staff, not to speak of financial opportunities of buying new aircraft, he explained.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Good excerpts Titian...

As for Al Queda... Are most forgetting that Russia was AGAINST the invasion of Iraq? I'd think it highly unlikely that Russia would be a target for Al Queda.

Al-qaeda works with the chechen rebels. al-qaeda operatives have even been captured fighting alongside the seperatists there.

However, as someone else noted, the 'president' of chechyna said it wasn't his people.

I had coincidentally read the about the possible escalation of the ossetian situation in georgia and thought, hmm, wouldn't that be interesting.

Was it confirmed that they ruskies shot the planes down?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It's doubtful that Tblisi is involved. The Georgians have their hands full in very tangible territorial issues with Ossetian seperatism. They threatend to fire upon Russian vessels going to Southern Ossetia a few weeks ago, but it was all very sabre rattling stuff. They would more likely attack Russian Peacekeeper forces in the area than take out a civilian plane (let alone two) Georgia isnt Chechnya, but in that region it is getting much like the Balkans in the 90s...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
SKYNEWS - TERROR LINK RULED OUT
Two planes that crashed almost simultaneously in Russia were not downed in terrorist attacks, Russia's security services have said.

www.sky.com...

What they dont explain to us is the hijack signals sent by the aircraft before the explosion and now are saying that could be an simple accident.

strange

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That Sky News story doesnt even corroborate itself. I probably won't believe them even if it is determined that this isnt a terrorist attack. To much of a coincidence to think otherwise.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I wasn't able to see the skynews link but did get breaking news emails that the Russians are saying there was no terrorism involved in the crashes.

I am finding it very hard to believe that these "accidents" occurring minutes apart are pure coincidence. I'm assuming that they will continue to investigate this and I look forward to hearing how they explain the hijack signal and also what caused each of the crashes.

Is it possible they are covering this up so that people won't get spooked before the election next Sunday and then after the election they will say 'oh yeah, it was terrorism - we just missed the early signs'.?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I am not surprised by the Russian response of no terrorism. It reminds me of the good ole days (facetiousness intended) of the USSR and the iron curtain of information. With an election coming up the last thing Putin needs is to appear weak at home. Of course, on the flip side, if it was mechanical in nature, he has a solid case for pushing for a nationalized airline again. I noted an article from Moscow a few posts up to that extent.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
hey maybe the UFOs did it

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
(Notice the date over these posts. Somebody call Art Bell; we've gone back in time)!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think this article could help us out to understand more clearly this plot.

Although reports are still sketchy, persons posting on a Russian language board claim that at least one of the planes was shot down by Russian military fighters. It is impossible to verify whether this claim is true or not; the Russian government has not indicated that any passenger flights were shot down

source : www.homelandsecurityus.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Its just like Russia to copy america. looks like Putin is takin some pointers from ol; President Bush about how to turn ur country into a tyranical government

I'm sure that the Politicians and CEOs that run this place would love to turn it into a tyrannical police state, but something tells me that the people of the U.S. would never allow it. There would be a revolution long before they could impose a fascist police state. Regardless, for the moment we, as Americans, still have an incredible amount of freedom. Far more than the former Soviets. Also, have you forgotten that Russia was like that long before we even started losing freedoms lol? If anything... the U.S. is learning from the Russians lol.

Just making a point not picking a fight

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Russian plane 'broke in midair'

One of the passenger jets that crashed in south-west Russia broke in half in midair well before hitting the ground, local investigators said.

Forward and rear portions of the fuselage were discovered on the ground some 400 metres apart with no sign of a debris trail around either piece, said the investigators, speaking on condition they not be named.

"Fragments from a crashed plane don't jump 400 metres," one of the investigators said.

www.abc.net.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The Siberia Airlines plane carried 38 passengers and eight crew, the airline said. Russian officials said the crash site spread over a 40-km radius.

www.cnn.com...

Here is another lit bit of info

notice the 40km RADIUS, therefore the debris field (area of a circle having a R of 40km) is a whopping 5,024 km's. Suggesting that the plane broke up in mid air via some sort of destructive force at an altitude I would say from 10,000 to 20,000 feet. This could not be caused by a mechanical failure.

How large was the debris field on flight 93 ? that dove into the ground...

[edit on 25-8-2004 by robertfenix]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
do you guys realize how easy this probably is in other countries?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Someone made following interesting comments:

BBC was the first organisation to report on this.Contained peice about hijacking and everything.Before the Russians reported it.Like they new it was going to happen. This would have caused a major headache to Russia.Hijacking can go on for weeks and months.Sadly putin ordered the planes to be shot down.Which means in a day goes of the media and Russia saying was an coincidental accident.

Putin knows it was a hijacking,putin knows that it was mi6,cia,mossad that would have financed and planed it.Putin knows why and how it was done.So in a few weeks we will see that the south osetians start shelling georgia,the georgian oil pipeline will be damaged or destroyed by of course russian speznaz dressed up as chechens.
50 russian speznaz troops will find there way to iraq dressed as muslims and no doubt some of these aircraft ch130 will start getting blwn up.Or worse.Remember Putin was KGB,he knows understand russia,politics and covert actions very well.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If the planes were shot down then why would it be a 'coincidence'?

What in the world makes you think putin knows it was 'cia mi6 mossad'? Just a guess or are you saying there is evidence?

Why would the russians be masquerading as chechans in georgia, shouldn't they be pretending to be ossetian seperatists?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If the planes were shot down then why would it be a 'coincidence'?

What in the world makes you think putin knows it was 'cia mi6 mossad'? Just a guess or are you saying there is evidence?

Why would the russians be masquerading as chechans in georgia, shouldn't they be pretending to be ossetian seperatists?

Above was someone else's comments. Sometimes you have to connect the dots with limited information available. I think it is a possibility.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This was not an attack by Western Intel Agencies, there is no reason to attack or to damage Russia in any way. There is no motive to support those claims. With Putin saying he will commit 40,000 troops to Iraq, do you think we would do something to mess with him ? I would think that the opposite is true, the radical Chechnyan PRO-Islamic Jihad rebels are attacking Russia, just as they have done in the past as a show of support for the Arabs and to show their disgust with Putin's decision to side with the "West".

This is your motive for why the planes went down. Not some CIA, Mossad, MI6 fabrication.

Look at the big picture and the players involved and assess what is reasonable and what is ridiculous, then you will start to see the truth as to why and whom.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What does it matter if its someone elses comments, and whose were they anyway? If you are presetning them like that at least comment one way or the other on them.

Apparently you don't have any evidence at all to support those ideas and that this all is just a random unsupported guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join