It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: 2 Planes Crash in Russia, Second Plane Transmits Hijacking

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
Interfax news agency: Missing Russian passenger plane sent hijack alert before disappearing from radar screens

i already pst that more than an hour ago.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
CNN is now report ing that the second plane is down 600 miles south of Moscow in Rostov-on-Don. no other details at this time

[edit on 25-8-2004 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS on CNN(the channel)

It is 4am eastern.

It's over now. 4:10am

[edit on 25-8-2004 by cstyle226]

Flight numbers are 154 and 134.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Hey people. 90% of all posts here are totally useless and just wasted my time to read them.

Nearly everything people here stated is either on TV or already on news pages together with photos of the crashed planes.

It's quite silly if we have 3 posts telling us that a plan sent out a hijacking signal if this is already confirmed in an article another user linked to. Same goes with many other stuff.

Kids playing reports, ah, didn't want to spoil the fun. Thanks to the link-reporters though.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
PRAVDA states terrorism, but really offers no further information than we currently have:

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Aslan Maskhadov claims not to be involved in these crashes in any way.

english.aljazeera.net
The incidents came just days before a presidential election in Chechnya where separatists have been battling Russian forces for a decade.

Rescue workers and police have
found no survivors
Chechen separatist leader, Aslan Maskhadov, however, has denied any connection to the crashes.

"Maskhadov is not linked to this in any way," said his spokesman Ahmad Zakayev.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
itar-tass.com...

whatever happened, Putin's security services are seemingly looking to rule out terrorism.

[from article:]According to the official the investigators are considering several versions of the disasters, however, the main one is “illegal interference in the operation of civil aviation or abuse of aircraft operation rules.”

Perhaps it is a Chechen terror issue... things are meant to be 'getting better' there, well that's what Putin wants the electorate to believe. Such a terror incident would be very damaging to his whole Chechnya 'stratagy'.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well if it was terrrorism that just tells me that they weren't planning on blowing up the plane, just crashing it into something. Wonder if they had box cutters.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
Hey people. 90% of all posts here are totally useless and just wasted my time to read them.

Interesting. Because this post of your is more than 90% useless and definteiyl a waste of my time. Of course, people who post to web forums can't really make a claim as to having 'valuable' time in the first place.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Interesting. Because this post of your is more than 90% useless and definteiyl a waste of my time. Of course, people who post to web forums can't really make a claim as to having 'valuable' time in the first place.

Hey! My time is valuable! I dedicate it to all of you wonderful people on ATS that keep me up to date on the news, current events and alien sightings

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
HI All

This is an excelente article about the 2 TU´s crash. This Intelligence israelli website is reporting the 2 Tu´s were a terrorist attack by Al Qaeda.

www.debka.com...

p.s - sorry about my english

[edit on 25-8-2004 by Vorshago]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Your english is fine, Vorshago.

However, have they found the wreckage of the second plane or could it still be "missing"?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'm sorry I have no link for this

BUCHALKI, Russia (AP) - Russian crews are scouring the wreckage,
trying to find what caused two jets to crash after leaving a Moscow
airport. Officials say pilot error or poor fuel may be to blame in the
near simultaneous crashes that killed 89 people. Witnesses report
hearing several explosions.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I doubt this is Al Queda.... More like any one of various groups in Russia that oppose the current leadership, simply borrowing a successful tactic. The explosion in the air is curious. Can anyone confirm any scrambles of Migs, etc. in the area? It was mentioned that one of the planes was able to report a hijacking before the crash. Perhaps one or both were shot down?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I disagree Gaz, I believe that this could be al-Qaeda.

Anyway, BBC is reporting that air experts seriously doubt that this was an accident. That the chances of two planes going down, simultaneously, are extremely slim.

bbc.co.uk
Aviation experts say the circumstances of Russia's double air disaster look suspicious, as the odds on two airliners crashing almost simultaneously by accident after leaving the same airport are extremely slim.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This is speculative; but here are some excerpts from debka:

URL
www.debka.com...

Both planes sent hijack signals

Both pilots had sent hijack distress signals before their craft disappeared from radar. Russian security service sources, in their first reaction over Russian TV Wednesday, characterized the disaster as typical of al Qaeda’s mode of operation.

Putin was a target

DEBKAfile’s counter-terror sources believe, in fact, that the Tupolev-154 which blew up in mid-flight near Rostov was destined for Sochi, further to the south, where Putin was vacationing at his holiday residence. The first doomed craft, a Tuopolev-134 that crashed near Bushelaki in the Tula province may also have been originally aimed at a Russian city and not made it.

Russian airspace cleared around cities

Putin finally opted to clear the airspace over Russia’s main cities, not the whole country, on the assumption that the two-plane assault was the end of the current terror offensive. He hoped that the announcement of tightened security at Moscow’s airports would put off any more terrorists who might be heading there for further air hijacks.

Migs scrambled with shootdown orders

Russian Air force fighters scrambled to patrol skies across the country, armed with unpublished orders to shoot down any identified aircraft, even if it was a passenger plane. In addition, Moscow quietly asked neighboring Ukraine, Georgia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan to go on counter-terror air alert.

US treated this as start of something bigger

The United States too, three weeks after raising terror alerts in New York, Washington and New Jersey over a threat to its financial sector, has also instituted extra-special precautions. American security authorities decided to be on the safe side and act as though the Moscow hijackings were the start of a series in places other than Russia, especially in view of their timing – four days before Chechnya’s presidential election on Sunday, August 28 and five days before the Republican National Convention opens in New York to nominate President George W. Bush as party’s presidential candidate and Vice President Richard Cheney his running mate.

Of course, debka is one of those paid services; but I have found in the past that a decent amount of what they publish turns out to be accurate. I just posted some excerpts that addressed various things that had been mentioned in the last five pages along with one that had not.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Just came across Valhall's article from 8/25 concerning a Georgian-Russian war. It appears Russia took a lesson from the US and is now supporting the Ossetian rebels, much like the US backed Afghan rebels against the former Soviet Union in the 70s/80s. I'm posting a link here in light of the two plane crashes and current speculation of Georgian involvement.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Good excerpts Titian...

As for Al Queda... Are most forgetting that Russia was AGAINST the invasion of Iraq? I'd think it highly unlikely that Russia would be a target for Al Queda. But a target of internal groups? Hell yeah... They simply saw a successful tactic and are simply duplicating it. Of course, Russia already has 911 as a basis for comparison, so they didn't hesitate on blowing them out of the sky. I'd bet dollars to donuts we'd have done the same in this day and age...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The day before the crash there was a terrorist bomb that exploded in Moscow I wonder if its a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
First of all the transmitter that the 2 planes transmitted was for either terrorism or severe problems so we dont know yet. But I think its terrorism.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join