It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: 2 Planes Crash in Russia, Second Plane Transmits Hijacking

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LukeNYC
Could Georgia have a role in this?

Responding to Russia in a terrorist fashion by attacking it's people?

If they are, that's wrong, and STUPID.
However, we all know there has been worse, but I doubt this.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
BBC1 just went to news

BREAKING NEWS: 2nd russian plane hijacked and missing.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
BBC1 just went to news

BREAKING NEWS: 2nd russian plane hijacked and missing.

Hijacked? Well, now assuming terrorism doesn't feel so wrong.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The report on the beeb was that "distress calls were heard from the cockpit of flight 2 and a struggle may have ensued".

No wreckage found , it just dropped off radar.

Perhaps we need to be looking at the possibility its heading to Athens.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
just in!!!!!the second plane sent out an hijacking signal!!

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
With it now confirmed it sent the hijack signal and they have now found the wreckage we know it was terrorism.

I still believe it is tied to the issues in Chechnya more so than Osama Bin Ladens group. Just today in Moscow they had a bus stop explode and the attack on their subway in February.

If this had been in any country other than Russia I would have been very worried about civil aviation here in the US and Europe. With the problems Russia has I assume it will be isolated to them.

On Fox they talked about the 2nd plane being in a resort area and most likely there were families on board traveling to that area on vacation. Horrible thing, I feel for all the victims and their families.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It is now almost 6 hours since I recieved an MSNBC breaking news email that 1 plane had crashed and another, minutes later, was reported off radar. Is there ANY confirmation (NOT assumption) that the second plane has crashed? I have heard about fires but have not read anything that confirms that plane number 2 has crashed.
I went out to dinner for my 8 year Anniversary (yes, some wine was involved) and I expected/hoped that the fate of the second airliner would be known by the time i got home. Instead, I come home and find that a 3rd airliner made an emergency landing but there is still nothing concrete on the second airliner.
Call me a whacky doodle, but if this is deliberate and was done by terrorists, wouldnt' the entire point be to illicit fear? If Al Qaeda, the Chechneyan's (sp?), or the Bring-Back-Betty-Boop-ian's were doing this to make a point wouldn't we be aware of it by now? Or did they just fail miserably in their attempt?
I think this is far too odd to just be a coincidence but I just don't understand how it is that we do not know what happened to the second plane 6 hours after they lost radar contact with it. Modern technology is too good to not know anything about the fate of the second flight. I hope that we can stop speculating and can start dealing with fact ASAP because this waiting is driving me nuts!

Jemison

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is another bus explosion that occurred in Moscow today. It is NOT the same story reported earlier.

www.moscowtimes.ru...

Something is up, maybe just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
it's being reported that the 2nd plane sent a "highjack" alert before it crashed.

www.cnn.com...

~Pinkldyslpr

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
BBC News has said that Wreckage from plane 2 has been found.

I'll believe it when i see it.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Uhmmmm, lets see... This government has been saying we will be attacked before elections and most of the population here doesnt believe it. Now there's an attack on Russia...terrorism......this makes us here think maybe its not a lie after all.....Wait, oh no, it could happen here also....just like Bush says.....noooooooooooo

I would not be surprised if within 10 days from now we find out that WE funded this in Russia....

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Russia denies report of military buildup near Georgia

Interfax. Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2004, 7:49 PM Moscow Time

MOSCOW/TBILISI. Aug 24 (Interfax) - The Russian Defense Ministry on Tuesday dismissed as "inventions" and "unfounded statements" allegations by Georgian politicians that Russia has moved more troops to the vicinity of the Georgian border.
A current Russian army exercise, which has been interpreted in Georgia as preparations for an invasion of the country's breakaway region of South Ossetia, is a routine operation that was planned in 2003 and "has nothing to do with current events around Tskhinvali," ministry spokesman Col. Vyacheslav Sedov told Interfax.
The exercise is being held at a training ground in North Ossetia, a Russian region bordering South Ossetia, he said

www.moscowtimes.ru...

Are the plane crashes and bus bombings part of a larger conspiracy to invade South Ossetia? Would be easy to blame the attacks on "terrorists" from the region. Strange that there was a build-up just hours before the attacks...
O.H.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Apparently a Russian ministry spokeswoman reported the second plane was en route to the Black Sea resort city of Sochi, where Putin happens to be vacationing.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
on CNN right now, they're talking about how the plane sent out a distress signal, but they are unsure if russian planes use the same signals as us- one signal for mechanical trouble, a different one for hijacking, and a third for something else.

the reports are unconfirmed as of right now- 1:05 am eastern time.

edit: eye witnesses(?) are saying the first plane "blew up", and the expert is saying that both planes crashing within minutes is entirely too suspect to call it mechanical failure... alluding to terrorism without saying it.

Russia's airports aren't as secure as ours, it would have been possible to pack a bomb on board.

another development- a criminal case has been opened in the investigation of the 2nd plane... an anonymous source told news agency interfax that you need serious grounds for that... also, an air traffic controller called the police to report an attack on the plane- not sure if it was after the alarm, or off of a radio transmission prior to the alarm. russian law officials are not pointing at terrorism yet.

the russian government is not releasing any information at this time.... the succesor agency to the KGB is in charge of the investigation.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by Bobbo]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
My guess? Russia's version of 9/11....8/25.

Here's come's the NWO, Russia...whatcha ya gonna do?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I live in Northern Virginia pretty much due west of DC. A large plane just flew over where we live headed due east low and slow with engines revving high then low. The problem with this is that planes take off out of Dulles towards north- west, and land south- east. I've lived here over a year and never saw one fly due east like that. Hope I'm just being paranoid...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is not up on their site yet, but CNN International is reporting that an air traffic controller is telling officials that he could hear the crew being attacked on the second plane.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
Just a question here, but has a video been released by Bin Laden ending the truce? Remember this from a few weeks back? I wonder if it could be connected. Russia is in Europe.

I don't think of Russia as european...it's more asian. Anyway, I am not sure that message was directed at Russia. Either way, I think this attack looks more like it's probably Chechen in origin rather than Al Qaeda though it may be blamed on Al Qaeda anyway like most of the terror attacks we hear about on the news (which are hardly ever actually al qaeda).

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Interfax news agency: Missing Russian passenger plane sent hijack alert before disappearing from radar screens

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Quite the story of events, it's an intriguing story.

All I can say, is when World War 4 happens, we the people will be watching the birdie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join