It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: 2 Planes Crash in Russia, Second Plane Transmits Hijacking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qoelet
www.itar-tass.com...

Well there was a bomb attack in Moscow earlier today, although it could be just some gangland sh*t..

although that is usually around a business, like a McDonalds or something..
this was just a bus stop...

I wouldnt rule out a new wave of Chechen terrorism...

Actually if you look at israel there have been many bombings at bus stops and on the bus... I wouldn't completely rule it out...
And don't rule out the theory that it could be terrorists not just gangland #, don't rule them out....

I'm hoping to it's the old soviet mechanics, don't they still make old parts for cars but then send them to an open field because they have no use for them or is this old soviet russia too??
I'd like to be edamacated on this subject more..

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
uh.. I'm not ruling it out.. thats the point mate

Bus stop bomb could equal terror over the usual kind of domestic tumult, but then again, the turf war 'bombing stratagies' of mafia and the like arent always mega rational... and maybe it was a chap taking the bomb somehwere when it blew...

but with the planes as well? I only hope it is a string of unfortunate and sad coincidences

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If this is terrorism, I think it speaks to the difference in mind set between Russians and Americans. Here terrorists knew we would be too weak to attempt to shoot down our own planes loaded with civilians so they had time to crash them into stuff. In Russia, the planes were simply blown up, likely with the understanding that the Russian's wouldn't let them crash into important buildings w/o taking them out with fighters.

Again...IF this is terrorism.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
www.airdisaster.com usually has good analysis from people who know their stuff. Here is a link to the thread dealing with this incident in their forums:

www.airdisaster.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
well they definately dont [OFFENSIVE CONTENT REMOVED] about in the ol' Russian Federation... the Moscow siege demonstrated that much. I was living in Moscow when in happend, and watching it unfold on TV was pretty scary [OFFENSIVE CONTENT REMOVED].. but no-one guessed that the Spetznaz would nerve gas the place out...

EDIT: REMOVED CENSOR BEATERS.

[edit on 8-24-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Word (television news) now is that they departed the same airport within minutes of each other.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
They are reporting that the second plane disappeared over a popular resort area where Putin is believed to be vacationing at this time.

We need to confirm this part...I have placed it in the article.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is making sence considering that al-quada and linked terrorist groups have threatened to atack before the republican convetion.Must be terrism as far as i can see.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Fox news also reported that elections are being held in Russia next week and AQ might be doing what they did before the elections in Spain.
The news seems to be coming in very slowly which is frustrating.

Jemison

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Witnesses say they saw the aircraft explode in the air before it crashed, the agency reports.

The plane had disappeared off radar screens on its way to the southern city of Volgograd late on Tuesday.

The second plane, said to be a Tu-154 flying from Moscow to the Black Sea resort of Sochi, vanished when it was expected to be 140 km (90 miles) from the southern city of Rostov-on-Don, the emergencies ministry said, according to the Interfax news agency.

Russian President Vladimir Putin is currently on holiday in Sochi.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

BBC NEWS links is in my first post page1

Related Link
interfax-news

[edit on 24/8/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Now now now.. you cant start lumping in Al _qaida with Russian domestic terrorist problems... if you look at the fact that Putin is trying to put yet another stooge forward for the Chechen 'elections' and more increased fighting int he Caucuses as a whole... now whould be a good time to strike at the Kremlin's popularity and percieved competance. Its not like the Spain thing... Russia didnt openly support war on Iraq, and the other sides of the Russian political spectrum wont necessarily pull troops out of Chechnya if Putin was to be voted out in the next election...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Do you guys/girls belive this is possibly terrism.if so what organization?????
thanks

peace

[edit on 24-8-2004 by crunk14]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
www.reuters.co.uk...

well the most up to date reuters report reckons that they did take off together, but went their seperate ways without crashing.. or thats what it seems...

also one was going to the resort where Putin is staying

[edit on 24-8-2004 by Qoelet]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Same type aircraft (TU-154) same airport, going different directions and they were both lost within 2 or 3 minutes at the most from each other. Since I highly doubt that both planes left from the same airport back to back I would suspect that an "object" was loaded onto each aircraft with a timer to go off I would suspect at 11:00pm but more than likely the bombers own base time piece might not be set at the right time and may be 4 or 5 minutes fast, thus the explosions at 10:53 - 10:56.

I would rule out simultaneous mechanical failure as the cause based soley of the probability of the identical aircraft taking off from the same airport having catestrophic mechanical failure resulting in the immediate loss of both aircraft at almost the same time is probably on the order of at least 300 million to 1. You probably would have more luck at winning the lottery AND having someone else in your family win the next lottery then this situation to be just a freak coincidence.

Terrorism, Chechnyan rebels, Russian Political Agenda... who knows. But this was done on purpose for A reason. Now we just have to find out why.

Added

I just read a conflicting report that says one of the planes was a TU-134, but other reports say they were both TU-154. I guess we will have to wait and find out...

[edit on 24-8-2004 by robertfenix]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Reports are coming in that Putin has ordered the FSB to investigate, and that a fire has been sighted near the area where the second plane disappeared.

Updated.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Security tightens in all airports

abcnews.com
Aug. 24, 2004 MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian authorities have ordered security to be tightened at all the country's airports after a passenger plane crashed and another went missing late on Tuesday, local news agencies reported.

Earlier, President Vladimir Putin told the FSB security service to investigate the incidents.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

**sorry for not updating, got busy with kids and dinner

[edit on 24-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You can safely say that mechanical failure is low on the possiblity's list along with weather lol.

peace

[edit on 24-8-2004 by crunk14]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Quoting an unnamed air traffic official in Moscow, where both planes originated, ITAR-Tass said authorities were not ruling out terrorism. The
agency also reported that witnesses said they saw an explosion before the Tula region crash.

www.haaretz.com...

Scroll down to international news,
Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Its just like Russia to copy america. looks like Putin is takin some pointers from ol; President Bush about how to turn ur country into a tyranical government

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Its just like Russia to copy america. looks like Putin is takin some pointers from ol; President Bush about how to turn ur country into a tyranical government

Huh?? Russia wrote the manual. It's never tasted freedom. Putin's an old KGB boy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join