It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: 2 Planes Crash in Russia, Second Plane Transmits Hijacking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Two planes have been confirmed to have crashed early today in Russia at almost the same time. The two planes have been confirmed to have crashed within three minutes of each other. They both originated from the same airport. CNN has reported that the second plane disappeared over a popular resort area where Putin is believed to be vacationing at this time. A Russian security source has stated the first plane transmitted that a hijacking was underway just prior to crashing.

Yahoo News

A Russian airliner crashed south of Moscow, and another passenger jet went missing about the same time after both took off from Moscow, the ITAR-Tass news agency reported Tuesday. There was no word on survivors.

Authorities were not ruling out terrorism, the agency said.

A Tu-134 airliner that apparently had 42 people aboard crashed in the Tula region, 125 miles south of Moscow, at about 10:56 p.m. Monday, ITAR-Tass reported, citing the Emergency Situations Ministry.

A Tu-154 with 44 people aboard went missing about the same time near Rostov-on-Don, about 600 miles south of Moscow, but authorities had not found the wreckage, ITAR-Tass said.

Earlier, however, the agency said emergency officials reported that the second plane crashed about three minutes after the first one.

Quoting an unnamed air traffic official in Moscow, where both planes originated, ITAR-Tass said authorities were not ruling out terrorism. The agency also reported that witnesses said they saw an explosion before the Tula region crash.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Witnesses state an explosion took place in mid-air on the first plane to crash, which carried 34 passengers and 8 crew members. The second plane was carrying 44 passengers and 8 crew members.

Reports are now coming in that a fire has been spotted in the general vicinity of the disappearance of the second plane.

Putin has ordered the FSB investigate the crashes.

Meanwhile a third plane was forced to make an emergency landing in the Sakhalin Islands when one of its four engines went out. There were 254 passengers on board with 18 crew members.

Emergency Landing

This is a developing story.

Related News Links
Reuters
CNN Report
abcnews.com
Crash Investigation Underway

[edit on 8-25-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 8-26-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The unofficial count is now two.

Details unknown.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
On MSNBC, they say they've lost contact wih a second plane with over 40 people

We'll have to keep an eye on this.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Looks like there were 34 passengers

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Appreciate your updates guys but we need links to sources.

SMR

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Fisrt post has a link and here is another www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
One plane has reportedly crashed and another has gone missing, according to these reports.

abcnews.com
Aug. 24, 2004 MOSCOW (Reuters) - Air controllers on Tuesday lost contact with the second airplane with 44 passengers on board, Interfax news agency reported.

It quoted Emergencies ministry as saying contacts with Tu-154 flying from Moscow to the Black Sea resort of Sochi were lost at 3 p.m. EDT when it was expected to be 90 miles from the southern city of Rostov-on-Don.

Thanks to all of the posters who are keeping this updated. Will continue to update as this story develops.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The second plane has been confirmed crashed. These airliners held more than 100 peole and apparently crashed almost simultaneously. There is no word on survivors yet.

yahoo News
MOSCOW - Two Russian airliners carrying a total of more than 100 people crashed south of Moscow, the ITAR-Tass news agency reported Tuesday. There was no word on survivors.

There were 54 passengers and 8 crew members on the first reported plane crash and 44 people were on the second plane. Both planes were medium-range airliners.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
They didn't hit each othher? That is so weird, it must be some form of terrorism or something...

SMR

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
CNN
(CNN) -- Two passenger planes have crashed in Russia Tuesday night, Russian officials and a news organization said.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, dont ignore the fact that none of the reports have yet stated what type of weather they are experienceing in the area. And if the planes suddenly disappeared from radar, that doesn't necessarily they were hijacked.

My guess is they crashed because of weather, or something of the sort.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It's too ironic that it's two planes...

I'm going to say it was islamic suicide extremists....
They did warm europe of coming strikes...
Keep us posted... hell, no need to say that, I know you will...
Thanks for sharing. Bless those poor innocent people...

link   
Weather seems OK in Moscow:

uk.weather.com...

link   
This is what the BBC NEWS have got so far on this story I dont think there is anything suspicious about it could be just bad luck well at least I hope it is and not terrorist related.

BBC NEWS
A plane with 62 people on board has crashed in the Tula region in the centre of the country.

The Itar-Tass news agency reports that the plane went down near the village of Buchalki, about 180km (110miles) south of the capital, Moscow.

Meanwhile air controllers said they had lost contact with a second plane with 44 passengers on board, near the southern city of Rostov-on-Don.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I just done a check on the weather over there and it seems pretty calm and fair.

What time GMT did this all start any one have any ideas?

[edit on 24-8-2004 by thesaint]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I hope this is just a very weird coincidence

PJ

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'll speculate that they crashed because of the poor maintenance. Russia is running on the old Soviet infrastructure and hardware, and there are limits to this.

When EVERYTHING breaks down, there will be time for a change in this country, which I'm looking forward to.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
www.itar-tass.com...

Well there was a bomb attack in Moscow earlier today, although it could be just some gangland sh*t..

although that is usually around a business, like a McDonalds or something..
this was just a bus stop...

I wouldnt rule out a new wave of Chechen terrorism...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Foxnews just confirmed both plans crashed at about the same time and now reports are an explosion occured on one flight before the crash.

With all the problems in Chechnya (SP) it could be them.

They repeated the explosion theory again, apparently there were witnesses to that.

Could be bad. Considering Al-Queda has threatened attacks across the globe at the same time I hope our airliners are on alert (especially west coast). If this was possibly a signal event.

MSNBC is confirming both planes came from the same airport departing within minutes of each other.

[edit on 8/24/2004 by nativeokie]

[edit on 8/24/2004 by nativeokie]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join