It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visible Only From Above

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Not quite alien or UFO but I thought it best to put this thread here.

If man didn't fly back 2000+ years ago then who were all these glyphs meant for? It's very obvious we're missing such a huge chunk of history and it feels like a tremendous loss. The missing link if you will.

Seems ancient intuits knew more about their mortal purpose than we can even begin to remember or imagine. It feels as if we stopped searching for our purpose and instead concentrated on how to make the best while we're here. We got side-tracked. Big time.

For me, I can't relate. I can't relate to technological advancements because the more we discover (like these lines) the less we know! Feels we slip deeper into the abyss with each ancient discovery.

I hope there is a cosmic awakening within my life-time and all the answers all unfold because I know, we are missing out on something not only vitally important but spiritually wonderful.

They stretch from Syria to Saudi Arabia, can be seen from the air but not the ground, and are virtually unknown to the public.

They are the Middle East's own version of the Nazca Lines — ancient "geolyphs," or drawings, that span deserts in southern Peru — and now, thanks to new satellite-mapping technologies, and an aerial photography program in Jordan, researchers are discovering more of them than ever before. They number well into the thousands.

Referred to by archaeologists as "wheels," these stone structures have a wide variety of designs, with a common one being a circle with spokes radiating inside. Researchers believe that they date back to antiquity, at least 2,000 years ago. They are often found on lava fields and range from 82 feet to 230 feet (25 meters to 70 meters) across.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This has already been covered fella... The thread may still be in the top flagged list as we speak..

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Looks like a sketch of a planet as it moves across the sky or something.. the designs and pattern may mean something to the poeple who created them.. perhaps different phases of heat or light affected them at certain points.. a means to chronicle the effects they may have been expereincing at the time..

The Aztec lines in Peru are far too perfect for them to be dismissed as nothing.. this is within that ball park as well IMO.

My second thougth is that the circle paterns and the line within are created by lava bubble imploding on temselves as the push to the surface.. this is an amateur view with no actual reference to offer.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Just to clear things up, you believe that the only two logical things that these dirt drawings can possibly represent is evidence of man flying pre-history or man talking to aliens? Something like that, right/

You mean to tell me that the least likely conclusions you are reaching for is the only thing that makes sense to your mind?

Forever, stupid humans have believed in gods. And they always place these gods in areas where stupid humans can't reach (like up in the sky, on a fictitious mountain, etc).....because if they put those gods in areas where anyone and their brother could go....well, those imaginary gods wouldn't be there very long would they, lol. By by campfire stories, by by control of the stupid humans. So stupid humans believe in imaginary gods, place their home in the sky, and other stupid humans try to honor them and talk to them by making stupid dirt drawings as big as they can.

I just think these things can be so easily explained by much more earthly and mundane things, rather than jumping to an absurd conclusion based on ignorance. Sure, reality is not near as exciting as what you want to believe, but be honest with yourself for once and admit to yourself that there are reasonable explanations that make much more sense without involving anything fantastical. When you can rule out anything reasonable, well then I guess we'll talk. But just because you "want" to believe, and can't "grasp" things doesn't mean you should just outright hitch your wagon to the ignorance train.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I hope there is a cosmic awakening within my life-time and all the answers all unfold because I know, we are missing out on something not only vitally important but spiritually wonderful.

Man... You are so right...

Maybe they were used back then like we use lights along the sides of airplane runways? To signal incoming "Friends" from above

Who knows?!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
This has already been covered fella... The thread may still be in the top flagged list as we speak..

Care to link the link then? I always search out before I post. I am way too original to want to copy.

If it's here, it was overlooked and probably under a different title.

It would be nice to hear your opinion about this even though you may have only wanted to inform me.

Originally posted by Iiquiringmind

My second thougth is that the circle paterns and the line within are created by lava bubble imploding on temselves as the push to the surface.. this is an amateur view with no actual reference to offer.

I was thinking that too but if this is natural has this happened like say, in Hawaii? The article says there are thousands of these patterns over there. Very mysterious either way.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

Just to clear things up, you believe that the only two logical things that these dirt drawings can possibly represent is evidence of man flying pre-history or man talking to aliens? Something like that, right/

You mean to tell me that the least likely conclusions you are reaching for is the only thing that makes sense to your mind?

Forever, stupid humans have believed in gods. And they always place these gods in areas where stupid humans can't reach (like up in the sky, on a fictitious mountain, etc).....because if they put those gods in areas where anyone and their brother could go....well, those imaginary gods wouldn't be there very long would they, lol. By by campfire stories, by by control of the stupid humans. So stupid humans believe in imaginary gods, place their home in the sky, and other stupid humans try to honor them and talk to them by making stupid dirt drawings as big as they can.

I just think these things can be so easily explained by much more earthly and mundane things, rather than jumping to an absurd conclusion based on ignorance. Sure, reality is not near as exciting as what you want to believe, but be honest with yourself for once and admit to yourself that there are reasonable explanations that make much more sense without involving anything fantastical. When you can rule out anything reasonable, well then I guess we'll talk. But just because you "want" to believe, and can't "grasp" things doesn't mean you should just outright hitch your wagon to the ignorance train.

Well, this is what makes you, you ......and me, me (thank gawd)!

And for the record I do NOT believe in a 'god'. I believe, no...let me correct myself, I KNOW we are all ONE. It's people who tend to need direction and leadership who lean towards the 'god in the sky' theory. They need someone higher. Someone more important. Someone to answer to etc...................but I don't want to talk about that. It's too personal to make public in a forum.

So, the hundreds (maybe thousands) of pyramids worldwide have explanations? And Stonehenge? And Easter Island. And Machu Picchu? And the myriad of other anomalies that dot our planet and have baffled the average person...all have an explanation?

Well maybe to a black and white person like yourself, you can 'logicall' make up an explanation that fits your ideologies but..... to people like me who exist in the shade of gray, I feel more humble (and truthful) by admitting, I just don't know.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Care to link the link then? I always search out before I post. I am way too original to want to copy.

If it's here, it was overlooked and probably under a different title.

It would be nice to hear your opinion about this even though you may have only wanted to inform me.

I was thinking that too but if this is natural has this happened like say, in Hawaii? The article says there are thousands of these patterns over there. Very mysterious either way.

It was actually debunked.. It apparently has something has something to do with cattle..

I can't remember the name of the original thread.. Sorry bout that..

It was in new topics yesterday and earlier I saw it in the thread colon that were flagged the most..

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

"Just to clear things up", in your head

You do make a fair point, people are stupid with some stupid beliefs, however all these ideas of "something" descending/ascending from or to the sky does not stem from nowhere and whether or not they're labelled gods or ETs doesn't change the fact that "something" has been and may still be, up there

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Looks like a magnetic anomaly that interacts with the surface rocks.

2nd.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think many of these permanent landmarks if you will, are messages or events that were happening in their time and were memorialized. And some were observatories (not necessarily these circles)
But some of them could be a periodical of sorts to let us (in the future) or to some other species perhaps, know what was happening cosmically.

Now, for the record, these circles in this article might BE natural. I don't know. Seems a bit isolated seeing volcanoes are all over this planet. But certainly not all the other anomalous 'seen only in the sky' markings are natural. Nazca lines for example.

Sometimes it's okay to admit we just don't know. Makes us more human that way. Because so many people need to have a logical, scientific and tangible explanation for everything.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Well if you, the informed, can't even find it how did you expect ME to find it? Sheesh!

It was 'debunked'???? WTF does that mean?
Do you mean perhaps it was 'explained'?

Debunked means not true.
This article does not claim to know what it is. Only that they can ONLY be seen from the sky. So according to you, these circles aren't there or they can be seen from land.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is only my opinion. It's like someone looking at a cloud and seeing a pattern or figure so keep that in mind before you rudley remark but;

this:

reminds me of this:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I think Hawaii is way too small an area to compare to.. its a small island in the middle of the pacific afterall and the land expanse is just not big enough.. if anything they would be under water..

I would like to see comparisons to an area as large as teh Canadian shield/Yellow stone area for example.. for lava bubbles of that size to exist you would need to imagine a very large lava flow over a enormous area.. the way the patterns seem to flow, seem to be going from left to right in the picture and then gets concentrated down to a small "pooling area" inthe midle.. kinda like a drain does to water..

Interesting indeed..

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Misterlondon

Well if you, the informed, can't even find it how did you expect ME to find it? Sheesh!

It was 'debunked'???? WTF does that mean?
Do you mean perhaps it was 'explained'?

Debunked means not true.
This article does not claim to know what it is. Only that they can ONLY be seen from the sky. So according to you, these circles aren't there or they can be seen from land.

No need to be rude and arrogant about it... You asked my opinion and I told you..

Use a bit of common sense.. Type a few keywords into google or the search bar here and you should be able to find it in 5 mins.. Or even better just look in the new topic fire hose, shouldn't be a problem for someone with a little bit of an education...

And dont ask me to find it...I wouldn't even bother helping someone who is ignorant like yourself!!!

And just to add.. I said nothing about these being seen from the air or land..

I did actually take my time to look.. The thread has virtually the same title as yours... So yeah I guess you really did do a good search for it... Jeez man.. Some of the people on this site!!!!
edit on 15/9/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It may be a bit of a stretch, but could this have been for gardening/farming purposes?
Some kind of ancient beds?
Just a guess.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Topic covered here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join