It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA - UARS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

NASA - UARS

www.nasa.gov

Update #2
Thu, 15 Sep 2011 08:54:30 AM EDT

As of Sept. 15, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 143 mi by 158 mi (230 km by 255 km). Re-entry is expected Sept. 24, plus or minus a day.
-----

If you find something you think may be a piece of UARS, do not touch it. Contact a local law enforcement official for assistance.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Updates from NASA about the re-entry of one of the Old Satellites. Coming soon to a backyard near YOU!

Coincidentally doesn't the 24th of sept, fall near when ELENIN will be nearly aligned with the earth? Maybe NASA is really clever, with timing of their satellite falling to earth.

What get's me is the last sentence " If you find something you think may be a piece of UARS, do not touch it. Contact a local law enforcement official for assistance. " Haha wow, do they possibly think it could of "Alien" nature. Maybe there is no satellite at all, what do you think it could be?

www.nasa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by uSNUUZuLUUz

Yea I agree, that is a little strange, more wierd synchronicities. I think if a satalite crashed in front of me I might have to keep a few things.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

In which case you would be stealing US government property. Or the property of which ever government had launched it.

edit on 9/15/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

In which case you would be stealing US government property. Or the property of which ever government had launched it.

Agreed. They'll find pieces of it on Ebay.
Phage what is that guy from in your avatar? that's always boggled me lol.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ohh no stealing for the government that steals from us everyday. Baaaaaad baaaaaaad

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3

Agreed. They'll find pieces of it on Ebay.
Phage what is that guy from in your avatar? that's always boggled me lol.

its the 3rd rock from the sun fellow isnt it lol, John Lithgow?...I dunno I'm an idiot

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Can't you just have some fun?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I guess it depends on your point of view.
And if you get caught.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Im in Canada, but if a piece landed on my property, I keep. If they want it, they will have to pay me. Destruction of property, repairing the lawn, Mental health, yup, they would receive a large bill from me, but not before I hide said piece.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Yep, and you don't want to be touching that unless you're looking for trouble from the government.

This also confirms that whatever was in the sky last evening over the southwestern US skies is not
this satellite. So it's either a meteor, misc. space junk. Either way it's still, as of now, and Unidentified
Flying Object.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

If they want it they'll have it.
You would be compensated for any material damage. Not so sure about the mental part though.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I read Taiwan someone ended up with a piece of an old US Satellite. They were trying to hock it to Japan.

Apparently old satellites are still worth something...and do indeed have parts that survive re-entry.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Wasn't NASA supposed to have some type of press release today? Do you know where I can find it when they do?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
its scary when a large metal object crashes near house. LOL, but seriously, US government could go to hell trying to get their "thing" without proper compensation from me. I dont jump when government says so. If the government wants to keep their satelite, then they better make sure it falls on THEIR land, and not on others

Anyways, It wont land on anywhere near me, therefor this is exercise in futility

So what happens if it actually kills someone, Would they pay any compensation to victim, or charge them with interfering with their stuff? They way the whore of the world is acting these days, Ill bet they would blame victim.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If it does land on my property and I take it for my own, can you ask your employers to let me keep it please?

Cheers mate.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hopefully it doesn't land on anyone and kill them. Especially me, dying from falling space junk doesn't sound like a fun way to go. I'd rather be chased off a cliff by hundreds of topless super-models.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Theft of government property for sure....but...and also to be considered...dangerous materials that make up the satellite and/or power it...or even worse....materials that may have been picked up on it. Not good to collect anything from a fallen satellite at all.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Eeh... no? If it crashes here it belongs to the government of Finland. You cant steal stuff but the government can keep it.
I hope it comes down on 23rd around here so I can steal some bits and pieces cause it's my BD

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Ummm....why in the heck would you be running away from topless supermodels to go plummeting over a cliff in the first place??? Don't know about you, but I would be more than likely running INTO the danger....haha

edit on 15-9-2011 by bw_drum because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join