It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daddy's Mash Recipes for Alcohol Production

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Dont have any problem at all running any still out there, or making one from pretty much any junk laying around.

Nothing better than a double twist if its needed. But if that was the case, I think I will force others to do most of the work if they want the finish skills I have. They can taste the difference, and decide on their own. I mean feel the gas peddle....

Another fine topic and those are all working recipes. I can attest. I dont however drink anymore so its gonna have to be some pretty good trade to get good top, shelf car fuel outta me.

Can make pure 200 proof with a cornmeal filter and an idiot on a bicycle running the vacuum pump I suppose. But once you open it its not hospital grade after 45 min. sucks the moisture from the air right back in to stabilize.

or so i'm tole....

suppose people gotta blow their biscuit and flash their nose hairs and eyelashes a couple times to see the real value of the skills...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ole james id dead now, but we had us some fine times back up triity valley making shine in all kinds of ways.
We tried corn, mollasses,spuds,fruit, and other esoteric recipes he has taken to the grave with him.
And yes he died of cirrossis? SP. but took the high dive on tuinols and his own good produc t.
the trick i always remembered was that if using fruit as a base, we didnt get any fusil oils.
Everything else was trickier because of the poisons.
fruit cant produce these and so we tried to get as much of it as possible in season.
I remember drinkin the Saki and spitting out the rice and rasins back into my glassto dunp back into the brew when getting a refill.
To say that saaki was a baaby would be about right.
But it just kept getting better and better in that 45 gallon drum.
Eventually it too went through the still.
the very best ive had is triple distilled "wedding shine"
but i digress sorry OP.
Fuel alcohol should be a lot easier to produce because a small engine wont go blind or die from it.
Though perhaps toxic fumes may be produced by the exhaust.
There is methyl and ethyl alchohols are there not sewww......
Which would be more pĂ´werful as fuel i wonder(efficient then)
I think it would be cool to see what kind of additives you could use to boost the power ratio like adding octane boost to gasoline........any idea how

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
People like to make sour mash sugar spirit since its easiest.

In a 5-6 gallon vessel, preferably the see through vinegar mother vessel with the tap and glass lid. The cracked corn goes in the bottom and acts as a halfway filter. The tapped mash is also ran through a fine plastic mesh strainer or layer of cotton batting or bandana in a large funnel. you want all the corn particles out. Reduces the meths.

Sweet corn mash:

6" inches deep of clean organic cracked corn in bottom of vessel.
5# of white sugar.
2 packets yeast if you have it. 1/4 packet will work but its a slow start. wild yeast, about 8 day start.
Fill it full of water.

After about 5 days you will notice the larger dog heads slowing down. Those are big CO2 bubbles. They corn that floats on the top is spent and needs scooped off by day 6 or when the bubbles almost stop. There has to be some tiny bubbles or you killed your yeast and need to start over. Drain from the tap through the corn. Should be milky clear. Scoop off all the corn that turn white off the base layer. Its spent too. add more cracked corn to get up to 6-7 inches. Fill back up with water. Your yeast cake was mostly saved below the tap. Stir that with a paddle or stick of wood thats only used for this and then hung in the air to dry each time. Now that the yeast and water are mixed, go ahead and pour 5# of sugar in and let it lay on top of the corn and sift down in. Only ever stir it once when adding more water and then not again till adding more water again. This will yield 5% sweet corn beer. If you fine filtered it you can add 1/2 teaspoon of white sugar to each bottle and bottle it as beer. Lasts about 4 months on the shelf. I used to drink lots of corn beer. Careful. kicks you in the head while your sleeping and you wake up hung if you have more than 4-5. Or you can process the corn beer in a still for fuel, etc. Dont bottle corn beer after the first generation. You will get sick. Sweet mash can go for 5 or more generations as long as you diligently remove the floating corn and the white corn on the bottom. Dont throw away the corn. spread it out on plywood and dry it. the alcohol evaporates and you can recycle it as chicken or poultry feed mixed 33% to 66% new.

Sour Corn Mash:

This is unfit for beer ever. You run your corn beer through the still and when its done you save 3/4 gallon of the leftovers and you add that to the corn and water as backset. The reason this is done is to automatically adjust the PH and to stimulate the live yeast. Then add sugar as before. each time you drain sour you add another 3/4 gallon of backset. This will allow you to run 12-14 generations of sour before it goes bad as long as you are diligent with scooping and replacing the spent corn and adding the exact amount of backset.

So you can see that sourmash is the most productive use of materials for fuel. Both sweet and sour can be scaled up with the same measures for every 5 gal but they go wonky easily as you approach 200 gallons of beer.
Too much work to figure out why it goes bad but I know it does. You can speed up the process some by adding a cup of ground corn flour to each mash but it will choke your yeast and cut your generations drastically.

If you dont have sugar and have a way to dry and collect it you can press and filter fresh corn and save the squeezings when they dry out, and use them in place of sugar. I never messed with squeezings. Large hydraulic or gearpress like the one described here for oil will do the trick. Lots of work, but if you got nothing its something.

Old timers always caught yeast from the wild. 2 cups water in a 9x12 glass pan. dissolve half cup of sugar and add a cup of flour so it looks milky and thin. Place it under a broad leaf tree all day when the wind is blowing light or for a coupl hours when a rain first falls. the drops make it fly up in the air from the leaves and land in your pan. pour that in a mason jar and watch for bubbles. Once you see them you have your free yeast.

Remember it will kill cars and small engines if you haven't replaced the gaskets with very thin chemically resistant rubber gaskets.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join