It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things Are Heating Up On The West Coast.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

I wasn't responding to anything the OP said. I was responding to something someone else said about explosions causing the earthquake.

reply to post by upgrayedd

"I don't know wether this is the case on the West Coast, but you might wanna look into that. Just to be sure."
He did, in fact, mention the East Coast. There are mountains on the East Coast, I'm unsure why an earthquake is so unexpected, especially one that was so little of a deal as to be nearly miniscule. One hasn't happened in about a hundred years on that side of the country? That's not even hair on the ass of a blip of time.
What bothered me, though, about the statement I replied to was that he felt the need to say someone might want to look into underground explosions to explain a completely mundane, natural, and usual event (on the West Coast).

reply to post by KySc5

Burden of proof = on you
I don't really care, I already know the answer and the reason.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well looks like today has been active to say the least. There is a new 5.1 near Cuba.

USGS

There are also some new ones along the West Coast all the way up to Alaska. But these are minor and fairly common. I hope the prediction someone made about SF getting hit today does not come true.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

There is a big one in Fiji too.

7.3 in Fiji USGS

Looks like the ring of fire might be waking up after all. Any experts know of any volcanic activity?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The 7.3 today and the 2 other most recent quake's are around the "ring of fire". all three events were above 6.0. One was on the north edge of the pacific plate, one was on the north eastern edge, the last on the southern edge of the plate. I think you need to look at the eastern edge of that plate for upcoming activity. Thats the west coast of the US. I used EQ3D
download.cnet.com...
edit on 15-9-2011 by NervousNJerky because: punt.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
@ truth4though, thanks for letting me know about that other quake. Sorry I am not aware of any volcanic activity.

@ NervousNJerky, that is a very good observation you have made. Makes good sense too. Hopefully nothing major comes out of it. Last thing we need are more nuclear power plants meting down on major fault lines near the ocean.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
some msm attention

seems like they flicked a switch on the reporting of earthquakes after the Vancouver 6.4.

www.theprovince.com...

www.vancouversun.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Dinkle

Thanks for the links. It looks like the media is finally starting to make this sound like something more than just random earthquakes. The first link you provided mentions the possible link of the ones on the ring of fire. It will certainly be an interesting couple days for us amateur quake watchers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join