It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all of you regular Lucid Dreamers - A question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have a small question for any regular lucid dreamers out there.

I'm curious to know if it's possible to sort of 'resume' dreams, each night.

An example of this, off the top of my head, would be say:

On Monday, you awake in a dream, and create a house from your imagination...you customize it, make it how you want it, whatever...just dealing with the details basically..

On Tuesday, you realize your dreaming again... Now, is it possible to recall what you were doing in your previous dream, and continue it?

This was just an example...and probably a lame thing to do in a lucid dream, i can think of a 1000 more exciting things to do..but it's to the point.

So, any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yes, it is possible. I used to do it all the time. And it was like the example you just used. I had created my 'dream home' and for a few years I would have many different dreams where I would choose to go back to this same house. My dreams would all have different plots but I would always have the same 'dream house' as my home base which was the starting point and ending point of my dreams.
This happened years before I had even heard of lucid dreaming and it has been a long time since I have visited my 'dream house' in my sleep but I can still remember every detail of it even though I have never seen any house like it in real life.
For some reason I have been unable to recall my dreams for the last 9 months and instead I am having nightly bouts of sleep paralysis. If I ever get back to the point where I can recall my dreams and have a lucid dream again (I hope that comes soon! I miss remembering my dreams), I will try to go back to the dream house that I spent so many sleeping hours hanging out in!

Jemison

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Sounds cool...That'd be pretty sweet

Another thing I hear you can do - and I'm sure it's true, i just can't back it up personally because I haven't gotten into a pattern of regular lucid dreaming - is make time obsolete.

Here's a technique and a bit of info I found from a Lucid Dreaming FAQ:

"Stopping real time in your Lucid Dreams means making the Lucid Dream last far more than the time passed by in the physical world. Like having a dream that last a few minutes in real time, while you might experience it as a few days in the dream. By doing this can you enjoy the dream scape a lot more, since you can spend days in the dream while it really just last a few minutes. Robert Monroe even reported experiencing 100 years in a 2 hours OOBE. But to experience this might be difficult, little research have been done on this area. And those that experience it don't consciously try to have them. Still, there are a few techniques you might try. First of all, set your intention to stop real time. Have that intention in mind while having your Lucid Dream. Picture yourself being in the dream for days, maybe even weeks before you wake up. You might try to saying out loud: "Stop time now!" You can try looking at your clock in the dream, and imagine that the clock slow down and stop. You might try to expect the dream to last for days. You might try visualize two pyramids, connected at their bases counterrotating. And maybe visualize multiple pyramids rotating inside each other all rotating. This is something worth going for, as it may give you incredible long Lucid Dreams."

The two, mixed together, can definately get pretty crazy. Dreams that feel like they go on for days, and if not, continuing them the next REM cycle or night.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The setting of the dreams was always something I did not have initial control over, but could change later on.

And that 'a light will not go on when you flip the switch' thing is bogus. I've done it before.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
ive never been able to resume a lucid dream.....but i have carried on a dream over about three days when i was young.....very strange, i cant really remember what it was about, but still i get fragments of the same dream.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
yer same here, I dont knwo if I am a lucid dreamer or not, but I have managed to dream the same dream for over two weeks. All I used to do is try and remember the dream before I went to sleep and then I would dream it. It was something like thtis anyways :S Though lately I have been able to remember alot of my dreams :S

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I once had two dreams back to back that were related to each other. and the same "presence" was in both of them. I posted it once before.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have never resumed dreams from night to night, but I have resumed dreams that I have woke from and then fell asleep hours later.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I can resume dreams as well as, dream the same dream over and over again almost EXACTLY the same, with very few minor differances (usually ones i control.) As far as resume dreams the technique i use is to concentrate on the previous dream right b4 you go to sleep then you will (or i) will pick up with an extordinary amount of detail right where i left off.

1 thing that is very disturbing to me is I recently (last week) went to College. And for the first time since i can remember, I have started to have trouble controlling my dreams. (remembering them also) maybe becuase i am in a new envorment im not quite used to yet?? hopefully when i become comfortable i can get lucid again. Im gonna go back and start keeping sleep logs again =/

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
yes and i can honestly say that i've had this happen with a dream i had serveral years before hand which i couldn't remember.. but when it resumed it all came back

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hm....so I guess one technique to resume is to think about it before going to sleep...I can't always see that working though

I'm guessing it would be easier to do while lucid, not before. What do you guys think?

In a couple of weeks i'll be able to test all of this, so I guess i'll post results then.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have a resuming dream for years...It doesnt always happen WHEN I want it to but it is rather regular...My house "dream house", is never ending, I always find new rooms as time goes on, so far I have not seen a front or back door...or a kitchen (thank goodness).

I put a new rug in the living room last month. Its orange.

There is an attic however which is sooo creepy and incredible..there are so many facets of this dream I cant begin to tell you.

The neighborhood (though I never go in or out of the house thru a door I just end up there) is based on where I grew up but is much different. My neighbors are dream neighbors...My relationship developes with them, they get older, and one actually died. The landscape where I actually grew up was a woodsy park preserve area...but in the dream there are rivers ponds and caverns....and much more.
I have a person I am very fond of in the dream land and hate to leave when I realize it is "the dream".
My transportation is a blue motor bike.

I have "dream friends" and even out of town visitors..This is such an incredibly elaborate design of my mind. I enjoy it so much...I think maybe the "others" are part of me?...

Last night, I spoke to one of my dream neighbors. Ther house is still under construction...strangley...All the homes are....all the time....or in some sort of transition.

I went into the "creepy" part of town last night where there is a pool.

(Where I actually grew up was a forest area known for its "ghostly" appeal...People came from all over to walk thru the cemetary in the woods and the abandoned structures...It certainly was a creepy place. maybe that sparked the whole dream neighborhood in the first place. The unknown. Everyone else thought there was so much more to this area then there is..Me, living there, knew there was nothing to these "stories". but I think I wished there was. there werent many houses but in the "dream neighborhood" there are.)

I went swimming in the dream pool and found a dead animal in it. This is where the loons live and I have to be careful not to wake them. I was with someone a family member but not a "real" familiy member. I kept swimming.

There is a small cemetary here and religious symbols carved into trees.

There is an old woman who I visit down the street. I play her piano.

.....confusing I know but now that you know what Im dealing with here check this out........................................

I fall to sleep uneasy one night a few yrs ago. My grandmother, who is deceased, comes to visit me in the "dream house" with a small suitcase. (she tells me "dont tell anyone Im here",)...and she stays in a small room off to the side...she is smiling and radiant.
The next morning I find out her best friend here in the land of the living, has passed. This makes me believe, my grandmother came to get her best friend friend to lead her.

I still get fonecalls in the dream house from grandma. She says, "Hi Krissy, I love you..dont tell anyone I called, OK?.

I love that place so much. So yes I know Im dreaming when Im there, most times. And yes, I can resume it at will..but something always surprises me..I even got arrested once! Believe it?

Kris

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I don't remember too many of my dreams recently. I believe that happens when you only sleep a few hours a day most of the week. However this thread did make me remember dreams where I could stop time. That was fun for awhile. I could even wake people up into my accelerated state if I wanted to. I'm not sure though if I dreamed of time stopping or the fact that I was so accelerated that everyone and everything else was motionless. You could pick up a cup and set in in midair because it would take time for it to fall. That's not the most fun thing I did but I don't want to mention details.

As far as picking up dreams where you left off, I've had some of those too.

Has anyone started a thread about very strange lucid or almost lucid dreams? I've had a few of those.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Has anyone started a thread about very strange lucid or almost lucid dreams? I've had a few of those.

Not that i've seen. I know people have posted strange dreams before, but i've never seen a topic dedicated to just that alone.

I've noticed a lot of your dreams turn out 'weird' if you just let them play out though...I guess it's because your mind doesn't really work with all the rules you have to deal with here, so there are no restrictions on the things going on.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Wow xxKrisxx, that's pretty cool. Thanks for taking the time to type out your story.

Sounds like a pretty sweet house

You mentioned getting arrested once...that's happened to me a couple of times before, when I was younger and having vivid dreams regularly (not knowing I could control them...I was pretty ignorant to the whole lucid dreaming thing). It's kinda funny, looking back at it...I got arrested for some pretty crazy stuff, and when I woke up I still thought I had those problems to deal with...what a releif it was realizing that it was all a dream...phew

Another thing I always did as a kid in dreams, was get a lot of money or valueable stuff, then put it under my pillow and go to sleep (in the dream). I'd wake up, and the first thing i'd do was put my hand under the pillow to check for goods...ahhh the disappointing mornings i had...maybe one day

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by anjeeeee
Wow xxKrisxx, that's pretty cool. Thanks for taking the time to type out your story.

Sounds like a pretty sweet house

You mentioned getting arrested once...that's happened to me a couple of times before, when I was younger and having vivid dreams regularly (not knowing I could control them...I was pretty ignorant to the whole lucid dreaming thing). It's kinda funny, looking back at it...I got arrested for some pretty crazy stuff, and when I woke up I still thought I had those problems to deal with...what a releif it was realizing that it was all a dream...phew

Another thing I always did as a kid in dreams, was get a lot of money or valueable stuff, then put it under my pillow and go to sleep (in the dream). I'd wake up, and the first thing i'd do was put my hand under the pillow to check for goods...ahhh the disappointing mornings i had...maybe one day

Oh man I hate those money dreams!......IM richhhh....no your not! HA!

Yeah I love my house dreams...because we talked about it, I had one that night...I was down on the lake on my boat..Funny...when I got a boat in real life, one popped up in the dream...there is a river by the dream house, and I get visitors via boat or bike, or on foot but never cars....

I get arrested/in trouble alot in my dreams when I wake up to find its all imagination Im sooo glad!

There are also 2 pubs in the dream neighborhood conveniently

One is a hawaiian style and the other is just a shack..pretty neat though, live music and all...

Ive had this dream almost 10 years. When I sat down to draw a map of it a few months ago , I realized how vast and detailed it was...and oh how strange.

I went from lucid to astral projection from one. This is a great way to try AP. When you are lucid, you can AP from there just by will, but I only did it once after it was told to me the possibility.

Lucid dreaming is so fun, but this reocurring dream is such a part of my life.

Kris

top topics

join