learn more

God Help Us, God Help Us All

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Well said, I also feel the same way. I imagine most people do, but tell us something we don't already know. And god isn't coming to save us, so unless we unite and do something soon, then we are all destined for hell.
Unfortunately nobody has a solution to get us out of this mess, so I guess hell it is.

Maybe it's time to start stocking up on hotdogs and marshmallows.

The best thing everyone can do is to stop playing this stupid game, don't buy a newspaper, turn off the tv, unplug the internet, give politicians a wide berth and instead do your own thing and create your own positive environment, free of negativity, doom & gloom. It's the only thing we can do.

Peace!

8 Real Photographs That Prove Hell Exists on Earth
www.cracked.com...
edit on 16-9-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
I hear what your saying, the term "God help us" was being used as a figure of speech...not me asking for divine intervention. If we want change WE need to do it.

That's not going to happen either. Those who realise a need for change only when their bottoms are on fire are not going to change anything.

But the coming economic collapse of the West and the disastrous social collapse following that will have its own lessons for everyone, those directly impacted by it and those who are safely away from it but witness it unfold. It will indeed be a very valuable lesson.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
hi there,

there is already a working alternative concept for our dying capitalism forms, its called social threefolding.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
( abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread725575/pg1 )

cheers
edit on 16-9-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Don't be concerned over tomorrow. It will have it's own anxieties. just for today, live, love & be happy. This system is about to be bought to an end. Lies run deep throughout every land that the 'State' has a hand in, & it is global, that is why it is hard to wake people up & do something. They are waking up though. We as a species are realizing that WE THE PEOPLE are the true authority over OURSELVES. Treat others how you want to be treated, cause no loss, nor harm or injury & the world will right itself.
Pity the Government don't follow those simple laws given by the creator, whoever you believe him to be... The fact that they don't. makes you wonder who is making this s**t up, & in who's name.. No authority has been given to anybody over us, except 1, & nobody is saying this is in His name. we are not obliged to be obedient to the 'State'... but be peaceful, & watch what is happening. It's scary, but it is a very exciting time to be alive. The State only has power because of our fear. Don't be afraid, have faith that everything is as it should be, & the end result will be so worth it to mankind. This system will end. It was promised & the one who made the promise cannot lie. Peace..

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

S&F

I cant express how much I share the same sentiments, how easy this all can be stopped by the will of human beings..

I just do not understand, can relate to the sheep and why

Conditioning to the point of no return?

RIP Human kind

I cant help but feel negative forces, ET or Demon whatever you call it have invaded the body's of humans. These people are empty shells i can see it in the eyes.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Hear hear!!

When we (me not included) stop believing war to be socially acceptable and stop allowing our young and vulnerable 16 year old children to join the army, we may have a chance to stop things.
edit on 16-9-2011 by zerozero00 because: can't spell

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I've noticed a growing harshness in people, a coldness that still stuns me when I see it. For example, there have over time been a couple of incidences in the media where some young person, even so young as 13 and 14 have been either relentlessly bullied online, or sadly by people they knew in person emotionally mislead by communications online and were unable to cope with the harsh end results and resorted to suicide. Logically speaking I personally find that rather tragic, the idea that someone would consider it fun to inflict such pain on another, and anyone who has been through those early teen or preteen years, can attest to the fact that, that stage in life, the just pubescent or prepubescent years aren't the easiest to deal with, body changes and issues, hormone changes, awkwardness over the changes, and self-esteem issues due to those changes. It is a vulnerable time in life for everyone in one way or another. The idea of hurting another person for kicks and giggles I find appalling in an of itself. What I am left stunned by though, is when I come across forums discussing the tragedy and see a not small amount of posts from people indicating their contempt for the person who ended their life. Comments to the effect that, they obviously had other deeper issues, and either.....their parents should have had them institutionalized, or they were so weak if it didn't happen now it would happen eventually. Or their parents should have taught them to be tougher, or they were too weak to deserve to live anyway. And I have to ask, what about the person that was inflicting pain on the deceased for kicks and giggles...isn't there something wrong with that. Isn't there something more wrong with hurting another just for laughs, than there is with being a sensitive person (especially considering people sensitive themselves, are sensitive towards others) And isn't there something wrong with the idea that it's ok and even acceptable to inflict pain on another just for fun, but it's not acceptable for the person on the receiving end to react to that pain.

I was even in a blog not all that long ago discussing immigration (legal), which is something I have personal experience with, and during the conversation I raised my opinion that family legal immigration should take priority over all other methods of immigration and the process should be less time consuming, as it generally involves a US citizen and their foreign born fiance or spouse. (For some it can take years, and the slightest little mistake, such as not including enough documentation....or worse yet missing an interview appointment even if you did receive a notice of that appointment can literally add years to the process) At the time I had a friend who was staying with her spouse in Jordan while his application went through the system, and during their time waiting Jordan was hit by terrorist attacks, leaving her scared and wishing she was home in the US but not wanting to leave her husband so I was contacting our Congressional Rep on her behalf. I brought this along with a number of other examples of the difficulties people face going through the legal family immigration system during the discussion and was disheartened to find that the general consensus was that she was an idiot for marrying someone from there, and even more of an idiot for staying with him considering all the turmoil in the Mideast. On the other hand these same people were all for our service men going over there and risking their lives at war in Afghanistan and Iraq. I couldn't help but think, what is society coming to, when going to another country to fight in a war, knowing the violence that entails, and the idea of killing people is perfectly acceptable, but going to a somewhat dangerous area to be with the one you love, that you want to spend your life with and grow old with is idiotic and detestable.

So far as the first part of my response goes...people are more and more willing to hand over their lives to the government rather than deal with issues they should be dealing with themselves, and giving the government more and more power over them and totally oblivious to what they lose in the process. More and more people don't want to think for themselves, they just accept what is fed to them, and they are so apathetic about thinking for themselves it doesn't even matter to them if they are spewing total falsities online, just so long as it's easy, if feels good to them and they have company on the bandwagon they jumped on.

I guess that was a long enough post for now and I got my rant out

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Thanks for that OP!

I feel much the same, and I do not have a "happy ending" belief. (i.e. Jesus, Space Ships, Consciousness Shift, Vibrational Harmony, whatever, etc.) Without the "escape clause" it's much harder to remain calm in the face of this. Anyone who thinks someone else is gonna fix this is not trying very hard. Each of us is going to have to fix this. We're gonna need to get involved locally. We're gonna have to do it. Lead by example, and all that.

If you're waiting for something to End/Fix this... you're literally playing into the hands of anyone who has an actual plan.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Most people don't want the truth ,they can't handle it ,they just want to go about in there little worlds ,and hope it all sorts it self out.

Like my wife for instance ,if i try and tell her some of the things you find out on ATS and other eye opening sites ,she plugs her ears with her fingers and says Blah Blah Blah not interested.

Her attitude and quite a few of my friends is ,if sh*t gonna hit the fan i don't want to know ,now this is the problem ,to many people more then happy to dig there head in the sand ,and pretend everything is ok.

We become a society of lazy minded complying robots.

I teach my 3 kids about the corrupt fractional banking systems ,and the most corrupt government system known to man called democracy ,and all about space and time and reality of there being mass of intelligence life out in the vastness of space also how ridiculous religion is ,but don't tell them about the doomsday stuff ,as sometimes some things are best un-said.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I have not read the entire thread.
to the Original Post.

This might seem like "off topic" but bear with me. Back when I was a young woman I happened to read the biography of Sigmund Freud (sp?). What struck me the most, was why he decided to move to New York in the 1890's. He moved because of the increasing anti-semitic mood in Germany at that time. It had gotten so bad then that he decided to leave.......it had been increasing the previous twenty years or so. Well forgive my ignorance , but I don't know that we found starving Jews in prison camps at the end of WW1. It wasn't until the Allies got through to Germany in WW2 that the end result of that anti semitic "mood" was shown to the world.
So, what I'm getting at is this stuff takes a long time to reach its flash point. And even today the world wonders why, when the Jews outnumbered the guards, didn't they rebel???? It's an interesting psychological conversation at least. At best, it's a lesson to learn: to know when enough is enough. So the question we must ask ourselves as a global society (aren't our opressors of the global variety?) is exactly that: Have we seen enough? And measure the answer: measure the poll responces. Measure the feedback to your blogs. Measure the MSM as to what it's reporting on. Those indicators will tell you when the larger % of the population has "gotten It". It will also indicate the trend toward a flashpoint. Maybe I should say " should" instead of "will". Now go back in our most recent history 50 years. Maybe we are closer to that flashpoint than we know. Maybe we've got another 10 years? 20? How much more can you give in so you won't be taken away or arrested? Feeling squeezed yet? Stay alert, aware, and make a plan.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Great post, sums up exactly how I feel!

And have done for quite some time. Thank you,

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

The Two Survivors

Two sole survivors of a shipwreck were paddling about 2 miles into shore. The first of them said to the other "I am very well versed in rare marine biology...let's discuss it" to which the other replied "No, thank you. I only know one thing"
A bit annoyed the first swimmer then stated "Well I am an expert on the subject of water currents and other oceanographic facts." The other swimmer replied "I only know one thing"
Now the first swimmer said "Have I mentioned that I am the foremost expert on sea faring vessels and maritime litigation?" "I only know one thing" said the other.
As they were just a few feet from land a huge wave overcame both swimmers. The first swimmer started splashing and flailing about as he almost drowned. The other swimmer grabbed his talkative friend and pulled them both safely into shore.
"What is the one thing that you know?" sputtered the first swimmer. As he walked away the other one replied "I know how to swim."

Well known movie quote but still extremely poignant and, perhaps, more relevant now than ever:

Teacher: "Do you hear the grasshopper at your feet?"
Student: "Old man, how is it that you can hear these things?"
Teacher: "Young man, how is it that you cannot?"

Is it that we CAN not hear?

Or is it that we DO not hear?

Yes...God help us all.

edit on 16-9-2011 by lapi7 because: edit
edit on 16-9-2011 by lapi7 because: edit

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Hello Jrmcleod,

I do hope that you get well deserved Applauses for an intelligent and to the point opening post !! All I can give you is a Flag and a Star since I can't give you more. Your words carry much needed weight.

All of the reasons you mention are the reasons why I live (in my head and so often) in my past.

There was a time, when I was young, where I could go by the river with friends, make a fire, bring our guitars, play music and drink beer till we'd fall asleep, to wake up to policemen asking us if all was fine and to be careful...THAT was freedom.

There was a time where we would leave our house without locking the doors. There was a time where we would help our neighbors if drama struck. There was a time where we could leave our bikes on our front lawns. There was a time where the world was ours for the taking, we had dreams and a great future to look up to.

I remember watching The Prisoner with Patrick McGoohan and thinking "Man...is this guy ever gonna get out of it??..."

We are ALL prisoners now. Imprisoned in a system that is built on a science that makes you believe that you are free. Isn't the best slave the one who thinks he is free?

You are free to have the life you want. But follow the rules. You are free to buy your house but make sure you don't lose your job or else...You are free to acquire anything you want, just work harder. Yeah...make money, the more you work, the more you get...and be sure to SPEND it. Cause the more you'll get, the more you'll HAVE to work. Just follow the rules...

I have two boys that are adults now and even though they're doing fine, I am sad that they'll never live what freedom really means.

The only thing that the Elite had left to do to totally control us was to get everybody to "cocoon"...to become individualists. They have succeeded in just a few decades. Stay at home, work hard, play games online, surf the internet, watch TV, watch movies, read, text...just don't be in groups anymore. Groups is NOT a good idea.

Don't go on private properties now (or by the river) and party...you'll be in trouble. Lock your doors. Stay inside, stay safe...Your neighbor's house went up in flames? Screw him. It didn't happen to me. That little old lady wants a seat on the bus? Screw her. I paid as much as she did. Be sure to have a lock on your bike or kiss it goodbye. And anything else around your house for that matter.

I used to go to bed at night and wonder in amazement what tomorrow would bring. Now I go to bed at night and worry of what tomorrow will bring. But it's all good. I am a good citizen. I follow the rules. And I should thank the Elite for my golden chains...

As you said...

God Help Us, God Help Us all !!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just in case anyone doubts........

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Negative Nancies...

For everything there is a season, and we must survive the negative to appreciate the positive.

Look for light, and recognize the darkness as a lesson for humanity.

God helps those whom help themselves...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Things will probably drastically change (with a lot of chaos and suffering) when the worlds population starts getting out of hand, you can see it already starting now. In some countries people are starving and in some others there isn't enough place in society for everyone (jobs, etc.).

It's just going to take a bit more before people start realizing en mass what exactly is going on here and the reasons that they should care about these things. No one who realizes this and also has a bit of power or money cares, because the death of numerous "commoners" only prolongs the process and holds back the disaster one more day, one more day said person can enjoy their luxurious lifestyle without the world in turmoil. They know in order to help society at large they have to give up their bigotry and selfish ways.

The scary thing is, if you are under 30 or so, it will probably happen in our lifetime. Get ready or start working on some solutions, nobody else appears to be. There is just going to be too many humans with no where to go and nothing to eat. The rest of the world will not care how honorable or smart you are, only what you have for the taking.

I don't think god or space aliens are going to swoop down and help us at all, either one of them might just be waiting for us to off ourselves so they can start a new project, if they exist at all.
edit on 16-9-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
has anyone else noticed how hello seemed to be a lost word, i am in the uk, and even just walking along the lane in the small town where i live, you say just hello to people has they walk past and they just ignore you, funny in europe you say hello and they say hello, thing is the powers that be, have every singular move calculated they know the numbers of people based on fractal calculations, that will stand up and out of the crowd, however they also know that they have the winning hand, no matter what is said and done, recently pensions were in the news, and a report mentioned how a teacher will be worse off by est 200 ukp monthly thats est 2,500 per year worse off from their pension, yet the government is asking for these people to work a longer period, and increase their payments into pensions, now lets be fair u work in a crappy job for 25 years ok fair play to you for enduring that but when it comes to some time to reflect i.e your pension well they have you cornered on that one, and they know people will get upset go on strike, and shout, but to what avail,, nothing. Sorry but the winning hand stole the game once again, either you beat em which you cannot, join em which you cant well u can - just wait for that juicy bilderberg invite, when you create something world inspiring such as facebook, google, microsoft etc ect - and if you cant acheive that level then get used to it, sorry to say, just wish one time when i say hello along the lane someone would say hello back, cause to he honest with you i am not going to stop saying hello thats for sure, its a polite way to communicate..

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

No one said there shouldn’t be government. However, it’s hard to sit here and name several if any government programs that work efficiently, on the federal level that is.
Go to the state governments, again not many, but more can be counted successful than compared to the federal government.
When there are leader 90 miles away from you making the decisions, it’s a lot more efficient than somebody 2000 miles away from you. It’s a simple numbers game.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Awesome post. I agree with you 90%. I believe we are doing something. We are brigning awarness to the people. I know that most people think that ignorance is bliss. And with that ignorance brings even more power to those who govern us. I talk to people everyday about the atrocities and injustice that are happening on our beautiful planet. Most choose to ignore it, butsome do research it. And that is what we are all about here on ATS. Those few that we are able to reach. I don`t know if you ever heard this. ``We are but a hand shake away from 1000 people.'' That is what I`m counting on. By talking to the right people. By expressing my consern about the direction our species is heading, I maybe able, indirectly, to reach the ones who have the power and the right connections to bring change. As time goes one I do feel like people are starting to wake up.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

First off, when did I say I hate the government?
Secondly, the government is needed to an extent. However it should'nt take away from each person’s responsibility to be a productive and active citizen for his/her country.
Also, when politicians are making decision for you based on 300,000,000 million people’s needs, you won’t always be provided with what best fits your environment and life style. This is why more power should be with the State government than the federal. The states are more apt to know how to best serve its citizens. And you are right, it should be "FOR THE PEOPLE”. It’s just that the State Government is going to know how to do that more effectively than the federal. It’s not rocket science.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join