It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Help Us, God Help Us All

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Nice post.

I believe we've turned into a herd-like animal through being taught that commonality, obedience, even-temperament and equality is something good and honorable, rather than something that should be considered decadence or decay. For centuries we've destroyed our animalistic instincts through shaming and punishment of those who've dared to tread new paths to greatness. Due to our own vanity, we cannot picture ourselves doing anything out of the ordinary anymore. We've completely lost all self-discipline and mastery by allowing what would be considered common to be widely perceived as something special or honorable; we strive towards commonality rather than greatness. We've found safety and comfort with the herd and we won't budge until the whole of the herd starts to stampede. Without a higher person to lead, the herd may just stampede off a cliff.

We need to cultivate great humans again rather than fear, mock or kill them, but first we need to overcome our individual selves and pass on that self-mastery and self-discipline to our children.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

I agree with you.

I too struggled with these thougts and 3 years ago I totally burned up. Not only because this kind of thougts but also because the way I live.
I still feel trapped into this life sometimes.

I do not to offend anybody, so read this as a personal story.

It is my belief that all things will get worse, as written in revelations and as told by Jesus. The reason I lurk ATS is to look for proof.
I dont believe the MSM, but I also dont believe everything here written on ATS. I just know that there is a lot of stuff I don't know, and I don't
know if I want to know. But's some form of addiction to look for it.

I believe that this world is leaded by dark powers, call it the devil if you like, or call it the evil within,
whatever you want to name it. Again, as Jesus told us.

Is it important that there are evil powers?.No..
Is it important that everything seems to go in the wrong direction?..Maybe

You said, God help us, help us all.

Well He's here. And you can make a change. Not by doing great things, not by living your life by accoording to certain laws and going to the church and
sing and worship. Not by preaching.

By living your life with love, for yourself and for your neighbor. That is the only worshipping you can do.

The problem is (and my problem was) that in that path you will make mistakes. And maybe in that path you will die. (Not by an action of yourself, just
because it happened, like you head got chopped of because of your opinion. ) Just stand for love.

There will be moments you think you are doing something good, but after a while it turns out that it was something bad. That are the painfull moments.
And that are the moments Jesus comes in. At that moments you can go to Him and He will take care of you. Not by giving you wat you want,
but by supporting you. And sometimes you will not see it that he supports you. You will see it after a while,or maybe at the end of your life.

Jesus told us that we will make mistakes. It is a part of beeing a human.

But don't believe me, believe Jesus. Every day (well....not every day) I see He was right about everything. And he said it 2000 years ago.
So read Marcus,Matthew,Lucas and John not once or twice until you will understand. And don't let yourself delude by some form of Cristian Religion,
let God the work do. He will speak to you if you want to listen.

So, be a fundamentalist in love, in everything you do. It's starting with the little things in your life. And maybe, maybe it will something
big. Maybe one word you say will make a difference in some way or another. Maybe that word will turn from a litte rock into an avalanche.
Maybe that one word changed the life of somebody, and you will never know about it. Maybe it is a word to a little boy who will be president someday.

Take care for the little things. Help you neighbor when he is struggeling, but don't forget yourself (as I did). Don't focus on the things
you do wrong.

I know there are a lot of "maybe's" but it works for me, and I just wanted to share that.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Never before has another individual expressed my very own feelings and views so accurately. The very idea of assigning a mark out of 10 goes a little against my grain as it involves judgment and enforces competitive thought (why can we not just live and let live?!) but to express the deep echo that your initial post provokes in me I humbly give you my 11.

Would like to add to your list:
Chemtrails
HAARP
Underground bunkers
Dumbing us down
Pharma industry
Cell phones and their lovely towers
Silence about the body's ability to heal through fasting - like all animals do
The amazing power of raw eating
Georgia Guide Stones (especially the first pointer; to bring the population down to 5 mil people)
FEMA coffins
Erotic Materialism that is vibrating from every advert and fashionable trend and product to keep us away from our inner spiritual potential
and then, as you say, many more.....

Personally I appreciate very much your title line; the manner in which you have used it makes it a cry for help. Perhaps you can also read it as: God does help us.? Perhaps you too are at the point where I am, believing that the Creator (whatever name you wish to assign Him) helps those that help themselves but for God's sake... HOW DO WE HELP OURSELVES? All this questioning may be a stepping stone towards finding the answer.

I feel extreme frustration in my yearning to live a life in harmony to our own inner truth and spiritual growth, close to Our clean Mother Earth and all her creatures but emprisoned by the life born into. I am trying to find likeminded people to put heads together.

When I was about 13 I dreamt that the world devided into two: the dark side and the light side. Wonder if this was an early indication of what my life inside my head is now becoming about.

Enough is already too much. Even here in South Africa the sky recently started falling on our heads and we are now all wearing blue caps.... they started spraying chemtrails even here. I moved from Italy because at the time there was none happening here.... but it seems like you can run but you can't hide.

Still...
The sky is NOT the limit!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Nice post, the world is all screwed up, and as many have already pointed out most of the people you try to explain this to just think you're a nutjob, because they are too caught up in the material world. Anyway I thought I'd steal some lyrics of the band Tool which seems to represent some of my thoughts on the situation, note I use to listen to Tool, but when you look at the big picture they are just another bunch of occultist losers but these lyrics still hold true.

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation from this

Bull# three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless #ing hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any #ing time. Any #ing day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your lawsuit and
Fret for your prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car.

It's a
Bull# three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless #ing hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any #ing time. Any #ing day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dip#s.

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will cuz
I sure could use a vacation from this

Silly #, stupid #...

One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim.

Mom's gonna fix it all soon.
Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be.

Learn to swim.

# L Ron Hubbard and
# all his clones.
# all those gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to swim.

# retro anything.
# your tattoos.
# all you junkies and
# your short memory.

Learn to swim.

# smiley glad-hands
With hidden agendas.
# these dysfunctional,
Insecure actresses.

Learn to swim.

Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.
I wanna watch it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.
Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it all come down.
suck it down.
flush it down.

Agrees, with op, GOD help us.

edit on 16-9-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Great post, half the things in your list made me want to start drinking or get a pitchfork and run to the white house doors. Sad world we're living in, your list makes me crave for world's end.

Whole heatedly agree with this post.

1. I won't have children, because I will not bring a life into this world to suffer. Instead, I'll just adopt if I can ever become financially stable. # you US Government.

2. Wish I never existed for the sole fact that this indeed not a world I want to be in. I'd commit suicide, but the conscious gets the best of me. # you mom and dad.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I think the title of your post answers your question for you. We never seem to get better or stop any of the truly seious problems in the world because we're always asking for help. What we truly need is for everyone to stop looking to the next guy for answers and to start creating answers for ourselves. As individuals we are far more resourceful and far more powerful than we give ourselves credit for. It always comes down to this desire for us to do something as a group but to get it started we need to do what we can individually. Hopefully your post will fire up more people and get the ball rolling sooner.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
One of the best reads I have ever read on here. Fantastic, filled with humanity and a care. I say well done you sir.
10/10. you have said what we are all thinking. If we came together as a race, we would chance the world in days. But your right, we cant. So many are not ignorant, they just dont know. But some are just ignorant. But the biggest % of the planet will live and die and never know this site, our cause, our aim, our questions.

Brilliant thread. x

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I wouldn't say we can't. we need to it's as simple as that, we have no other choice and eventually people will start to understand that once all their gadgets etc are slowly being taken away I just hope it won't be too late by then ...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I think that I still hope that people deny ignorance and if they do , there is hope that they are using their brain and mind.

After denying ignorance it is time to inform and act in that way.

We should inform people around us ( both virtual and real people) , we should plan , we should act .

IMHO : The best way to keep people out of dividing is religion.

There should be some clear and detailed instructions for life to compare our governments actions with that.

Personal experience will always let us fail , because we are mostly dis-informed , misinformed or manipulated.

Internet is not an ultimate source of trust but it is all we have.
edit on 16/9/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigermountain
Don't worry so much man
life is too short.

I don't worry so much anymore, but this is the point...my life is short but the lives of my children, grand children, great grand children etc, combined is quite a length of time...i don't want to be part of the cycle that keeps this going because believe me...its going to get worse and because we don't act now, they will have to deal with it.

Are we prepared, as adults, as truth seekers willing to let this happen?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
You say you wish you could go to a mountain and live off the land. Then you say you cant own the land so you refuse to live off of it. To me it sounds like you do not want to make this happen. You could make it happen if you really wanted to. Then you say you are just one person but we are all just one person and their has been much progress. Do not think you cant make a change. The only reason you are not making a change is because you say you cant.

Here in the UK, if i decided to go to the mountains to live off the land, my house that i built would be destroyed, i would be fined, jailed and the life i had built taken away because I'm breaking "the law" imposed by my government...

I am a 28 year old man, living in a country of 60,000,000 where 5,000,000 at most feel as i do. The rest have "too much to loose" to try and change this and it scares me to think that actually, the majority do want it changed. Those with money sure as hell don't want it to change, and they have all the power!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Some of that stuff is either not true or not that scary...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparky11
You said: "I don’t understand why we don’t do anything about it. Why are we not stopping this, not by bringing these things to ATS but by bringing these things to the governments of the world? We are allowing our children, our loved ones, our fellow humans to be murdered, poisoned, lied too, deceived and hated for what reason? To make others rich in money and wisdom whilst neglecting ourselves? This isn’t humanity, this isn’t life, this isn’t me and this isn’t what I want for anyone else."

So quit belly achin' and get involved. Join We Are Change: www.wearechange.org...

Didn't realise this existed...thanks for sharing, will have a look!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

A really great post..with some great links to threads..

You're questions and points on how to effectively change this huge monopoly that certain groups of people have internationally are valid, yet bring up questions of my own.

The answers and the change are all in our reach but we are too scared to get them. I cannot do this on my own because as a single person I have no clout, as a large million or so group I have a lot of clout but that million or so are too scared like me to stop it.

How does a million "fix" the problem....millions can get up and shout .."this is not right"... and I'm sure literally millions do..all over the world...

The power of finances,as well as ownership of land ..and the control of the most powerful weapons is out of our hands.

How do you propose we turn things around? ..without violence that could lead to the slaughter of many innocents.

I'm not saying it can't be done..but where do we start?..and will it work..or create more problems?

What would a million people protesting outside the White House do? The media would take notice, other countries around the world would take notice, more people in other cities like London, Moscow, Paris, Athens, Madrid etc...it could be many millions all protesting together. 1 voice is load, 1,000,000 voices is deafening. There are a lot that can be done to stop this but it has to be done in unison.

i.e. If everyone in the UK who felt like this, lets say there are 5,000,000 out of 60,000,000, and that 5,000,000 all took a week off work together and didn't buy food, or fuel and withdrew their money from banks and turned off the main power to their houses in protest, would that send a message? 1 week isn't long, but it would have a financial impact...now multiply that by 100,000,000 globally out of the 6,500,000,000. This 100,000,000 would so spread, people would follow...sheep follow!

It just takes enough people to go through with it!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie

6.9, very close to 7.

Jamie.

I'm confused...is that 6.9 out of 10? If so thank you but I'm sure there are millions out there who could add to that or say their own piece!

I don't think (s)he was rating your post. He/She seems to be referring to the population of the world in billions. Your post mentions it as 6.5 billion.

Now coming to the OP, I am not sure why God would feel a need to help any at this point of time. You may not know it, but not the whole of the world is going down. In some parts, life is getting better and better for most. Not sure a God who didn't intervence when the natives of North America and Australia were getting butchered or the people of Asia and Africa were brutalised for the benefit of Europeans, should do so now. Do you think God holds a special place in his heart for Europeans that he doesn't for the native Americans, Australian aborigines, Asians and Africans?

There won't be any divine intervention, not to favour Westerners anyway.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

Some of that stuff is either not true or not that scary...

Exactly, but its irrelevant...its the message that's relevant.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie

6.9, very close to 7.

Jamie.

I'm confused...is that 6.9 out of 10? If so thank you but I'm sure there are millions out there who could add to that or say their own piece!

I don't think (s)he was rating your post. He/She seems to be referring to the population of the world in billions. Your post mentions it as 6.5 billion.

Now coming to the OP, I am not sure why God would feel a need to help any at this point of time. You may not know it, but not the whole of the world is going down. In some parts, life is getting better and better for most. Not sure a God who didn't intervence when the natives of North America and Australia were getting butchered or the people of Asia and Africa were brutalised for the benefit of Europeans, should do so now. Do you think God holds a special place in his heart for Europeans that he doesn't for the native Americans, Australian aborigines, Asians and Africans?

There won't be any divine intervention, not to favour Westerners anyway.

I hear what your saying, the term "God help us" was being used as a figure of speech...not me asking for divine intervention. If we want change WE need to do it.

Thank you for clarifying the numbers though!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

I couldn't agree with you more. While I marvel over the incredible technological advances we have achieved just in my lifetime alone, I also find it just as amazing that the intelligence level of our society (very generally speaking) instead of advancing as one would logically conclude at a similar rate, has instead progressively declined over that same time.

When I was in my pre-adult years parents took responsibility for protecting their children and raising them to eventually grow to their greatest potential and into being good, healthy, responsible adults. To accomplish this there were rules you were expected to adhere to and if you broke those rules (and were caught) you had to answer to your parents, and were faced with the discipline they felt was necessary to correct you. Coming from that background I find it so amazing how often I now see parents go running to the government and media blaming them for their child's mistake and demanding that they protect their child from the consequences they could face as a result of breaking those rules, by enacting laws that in effect force society to adhere to conform to their personal family rules and beliefs. Rather than parenting their child and teaching them to honor their rules and beliefs, they instead teach them that the world should change to suit them. This is really noticeable when it comes to internet related issues, I've seen parents demand that free game sites be legally forced to change something they own, that they imagined, worked for, created, developed, payed for and are paying for, so that the child who has been accessing their site won't have access to a certain game type that their parents don't approve of. This rather than paying attention to what their child is doing online to ensure it is suitable based on their personal beliefs, and if it is not or if they are comfortable with their child accessing and enjoying the majority of the site, taking responsibility for learn how to use their computer and available included or third party software control what their child is exposed to.

I could go on and on regarding the internet stupidity, parents so concerned about the evil predators online that might end up talking to their child, doing all they can to keep the issue in public eye, promoting community and school based instruction for their children about these predators (and rightfully so), but also, so focused on the potential bad guy out there hurting their innocent child, they fail to consider the possibility of their child posting provocative or even overtly sexual enticements to people they meet online, or worse yet partially or fully nude images of themselves or streaming the same on their webcam to impress someone they have met online, and addressing the dangers inherent to those behaviors just as fervently as they address the evil predators that their child might come across.

And since I'm on a roll here regarding IQ's dropping as technology advances, I'm going to rant about another thing I've noticed that coincides with this. I will preface this by saying I do most definitely support freedom of speech, and while my issue contains the element of speech in it, I don't consider the issue to truly be about speaking freely. With the advent of the internet came the illusion of anonymity using this form of interaction, and with that for some a feeling of total inhibition in their interactions online, not having to face in person in real life day to day people they communicated with, for some even an illusion of sorts that since the interaction was specifically tied to their computer which in other activities such as playing games, doing artwork, looking up information on the web or working with business applications only involved interaction with the computer, their interaction with others online amounted to the same thing basically.....it's just the internet it's not really real type of attitude. While there have always been an element of bullying in real life, in the past it was never truly a socially accepted behavior outside of the bully's specific clique, but with those elements I mentioned above in place, people who would never consider bullying someone in person have no problem and even find it acceptable to do so to someone online....someone they will never have to face in person...who cares it's all a game, and if they can't take it their some kind of wuss, (even if the one doing the bullying could not deal with being on the receiving end in real life) it's different online. Now I've been online since before the web even existed let along became publicly available, and this is something I've seen grow over time but now it's not just flaming someone you're chatting with,

(This is going to have to be a 2 part post see next )

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatr137
reply to post by BadNinja68

Follow the money.
That's all that's left.
If you want the truth, just look for the cash flow and who can profit financially.
Most conspiracies aren't hidden at all.

Follow the money, that is all that is left.

That is exactly why everything has gone to Hell.
Money is all that is left.
It used to be that history progressed. It had a goal, mankind had a purpose, we had a reason for existing. Whether it was exploring new lands or exploring space, we had a direction we were travelling.

Now, follow the money.
That is all that is left.

Children used to want to grow up to be doctors and astronauts and soldiers and firefighters.
Now, children want to grow up to be rock stars, athletes and famous for being famous.

The problem is not the government.
The problem is not overpopulation.
The problem isn't even that we're being lied to.

The problem is that we buy into the belief that all that is left is the money, and that is all that we follow anymore...we don't follow our dreams.

Absolutely. The purpose of this life, this world was not to be one huge department store or supermarket. The economic equation rules now. Businesspeople or traders were just one catse of humans in the past. Now almost everyone fancies themselves as a potential high-flyer, investor. Tony Robbins or Sir Richard Branson are the new gurus of the new religion of economics.

Power (and money) is all that matters. Power is also an economic consideration i.e. who is the most powerful, who is the 2nd most powerful, the 3rd, 4th and so on. Wherever you are, there you will find a hierarchy of power to control.

Actually it isn't so much that money is the principal motivating factor for people. Money is simply a means to an end and that end is power. The power to have control....over others. People feel powerless and they are taught that this is the basic human condition and the only way to overcome this natural condition is to become basically a sociopath, of course without outing yourself as being one. Therefore in order to become "successful" we must transform ourselves into hypocrites.

Today I saw a little boy of about 3 or 4 on the train with his Grandma, his face pressed against the window. Outside the window the sunlight was flickering through a variety of unique forms of trees, so many in their spring blossom, the birds swooping and playing, past playing fields where other children ran and people walked their dogs. But this little boy was looking for numbers - he looked at each passing post that had a number on it and called it out to his Grandma. The process of numbers and who comes 1st, who comes 2nd and who comes 3rd has already begun. Then he will learn the difference between ten cents ten dollars, a 100 dollars...a thousand and a million.

And then when he is old enough and reads this post he might say: "You have just wasted 3 minutes of my life, 3 minutes I want back.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip

I believe we've turned into a herd-like animal through being taught that commonality, obedience, even-temperament and equality is something good and honorable, rather than something that should be considered decadence or decay. For centuries we've destroyed our animalistic instincts through shaming and punishment of those who've dared to tread new paths to greatness.

Congratulations, you are probably a fascist if you believe any of this rhetoric. Where's the love? Fix the world by making it easier for people to live, and by not treating them like animals or slaves to those who consider themselves 'Great'.

"Japanese fascist Nakano Seigo advocated that Japan follow the Italian and German models, which were "a form of more democratic government going beyond democracy" which itself had "lost its spirit and decayed into a mechanism which insists only on numerical superiority without considering the essence of human beings.""

"With the advent of the Darwinian theory of evolution came claims of evolution possibly leading to decadence.[66] Proponents of decadence theories claimed that contemporary Western society's decadence was the result of modern life, including urbanization, sedentary lifestyle, the survival of the least fit, and modern culture's emphasize on egalitarianism, individualistic anomie, and nonconformity.[66] The main work that gave rise to decadence theories was the work Degeneration (1892) by Max Nordau that was popular in Europe, the ideas of decadence helped the cause of nationalists who presented nationalism as a cure for decadence"
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-9-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join