It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice please: most factual book wanted about the 1947 Roswell incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Never actually read a well researched book on the subject. Is there a general consensus as to which book is the most factual and well researched and is there one out there that might also give a well researched history about area 51, watertown etc itself or would that be a seperate book.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by g60kg

I cannot get past the flying disk reports (about 5 feet in diameter, visible for about 50 seconds, at high rate of speed-- and THAT in area within range of current White Sands Missile Range launches) and the first published reports of what the Brazel found (sticks, tin foil, glue and tape about five pounds in total, the size a table top).

There is no connection between flying saucer sightings and finding debris-- no one who claimed seeing a UFO claimed they saw it crash.

From the assumption that seeing a flying saucer and finding debris means a flying saucer crashed, then everything hangs on whether or not one accepts that Brazel's story was "sanitized."

Those are two huge assumptions to make-- and I am prone to be suspicious of everything that is claimed after that-- every bit as suspicious of investigating authors as those authors claim to be of the official story.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by g60kg

I had read a book titled " The Roswell Incident" I do believe. It was written to be unbias and present all of the facts given at that time. Although it being unbias, it made me sway towards the con side. Now I do agree that there are 'unidentified flying objects' out there but I found one fact interesting in the book being that there were only two viable witnesses to the supposed incident. The other hundred were the " ..my friend is in the army and he told me..", "...I weas standing on the hill and I saw..." and ".. when my uncle died he left me a note.."

Try the 'search' bar and type in Roswell. Alot has been researched and discussed here on ATS. After your research, I'd be interested in knowing what you think and what swayed you to it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Debris...oh yeah, the air force hauled away every bit of debris...total crap.

You can never get every bit of debris. Anyone who has examined a crash site knows this. There are always pieces to find.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The most factual books on the Roswell Incident that I have read are:

The Roswell UFO Crash: What They Don't Want You To Know
By Kal K. Korff
Prometheus Books

Roswell: Inconvenient Facts and the Will to Believe
By Karl T. Pflock
Prometheus Books

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Can you elaborate a bit on them?

BTW, "Day After Roswell". Total bunk. As if ET gave us the transistor.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by g60kg

Now if you're interested in real mysteries of alleged UFO landings, sightings, crashes,etc... in New Mexico, punch up 'ufo+aztec new mexico' in our search bar or one of my personal favorites is Holloman AFB, New Mexico. I have a personal interest here especially about the alleged landing on the runway in the early 70s. Reason being that my Dad was the 'Flightline Security Squadron Commander' at the time this happened. The interesting part is the ol'man was a navigator by trade, then gets a security commander assignment, then after 16 years of duty, gets transferred to Tule AFB, Greenland to live in an icebox for a year while his wife and his six kids get tranferred to Webb AFB, Texas where we could not live on base but did have base privileges. He's still 100% Red, White and Blue and won't discuss much about his career. The only thing definitive I've ever got out of him was why he got TDY to a Greenland weather station to live in an icebox for a year after all of his accomplishments and his status in the Air Force, in which his only reply was "The Air Force just thought I needed to cool off."
One day I'll know...
edit on 16-9-2011 by geo1066 because: can't spell

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I think the most factually plausible led argument, in any book, is going to be Roswell & The Reich by Dr. Joseph P. Farrell. He basically outlines that the NAZIs won the war by striking a deal between Russian and the USA to separate their (well matured) Atomic technology, while retaining something called the "Bell", which used Torsion to levitate in the air and this was secretly shifted to South America and that crash in Roswell was NAZI.

That's what I think - not little green men. Sorry if you're a believer.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Thanks all, a few titles to go by there. I have become more skeptical in general over the years but didnt the AF change the official story on Roswell several times with one being a UFO? be nice to read a factual (or as true as possible) timeline of what exactly went on behind the scenes after the crash and how the AF went about dealing with the press and locals. I loved how it was shown in the Series 'Taken'

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by g60kg

Ha! Found it! It's been a few years since I've read it but this is EXACTLY what you are looking for-

ROSWELL: INCONVIENENT FACTS AND THE WILL TO BELIEVE
by Karl T. Pflock

top topics

join