It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House to vote on bill targeting Boeing labor case

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Drugs are drugs. Legal or not I don't do them. I do take medicine when prescribed. I am not stupid. I consume minor amounts of alcohol(mainly red wines). However, using any drug to "escape" from your problems generally only makes those problems worse and adds another problem of alcohol/drug dependency. So, NO. No magic mushrooms for me. If you have to be drugged up to appreciate a society, there is something wrong with that society. Case in point....America today.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Well, read the book and see. Personally I found it an excellent antidote to the pessimism of 1984 and Brave New World and other political dystopias. It is a reminder of the basic goodness of the human spirit and of the real possibility of a healthy, co-operative society. I think that communism can work, that it is possible, and that is why I'm opposed to any kind of elite caste tricking the masses into supporting their elitism.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ok, so I read the book today. I have to say that you and I would have very little common ground if that is your "ideal society". I would not want to live there.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Didn't the unions and federal regulations put the USPS in the position it is rigth now? It would be a shame if Boeign suffers the same fate.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

If it's not too much of a derail, may I ask why not?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Former Washington state governor Gary locke, (super liberal communist supporter), did a similar thing to boeing a few years back, so they folded up camp with their 20,000 administration employees and moved to Chicago..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join