It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Israel prepares to call up their army reserves

page: 1
12
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Well this ain't getting better... calling up reserves for events coming up... Palestine declaring statehood... and maybe even a showdown with Turkey... and who knows what else... with Egypt not very stable... Hamas could start launching big rockets and you never know what Hezbollah might do. And of course the whole ``Iran`` thingee.

Also the protesters in Israel wanting to bring down Netanyahu and his extremist government... Politicians love to start wars to distract attention.

IDF Prepares to Call Up Reserves

The IDF prepares for the possibility of PA Arab riots, and will call up reserves probably Sunday, September 18.The Israel Defense Forces are preparing for the possibility of Palestinian Authority Arab riots beginning September 20, when the PA will bring its statehood bid to the United Nations.

Israel's military will begin to call up its reserves, probably starting this Sunday, September 18, sources said Thursday.

Arutz Sheva has been informed that the residents of the Jewish towns in Judea and Samaria have warned the Arab residents of PA-controlled areas that if they approach the security fences surrounding their towns, the response will be “unequivocal.”

The warning comes in the wake of threats by PA Arabs to march on Israeli communities in the regions on September 20, the day PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas intends to ask the United Nations General Assembly to recognize the entity as a new Arab country, and grant it membership within the ranks.

We'll see. BTW, Palestine announced earlier today they will submit their statehood declaration on September 23.
...
Former CIA official : Israel Will Bomb Iran in September

That and a looming economic collapse... I think we'll see a lot of things pan out in the next few weeks/months.

So let's see here.. September 18, Israel calls up reserves. September 23, Palestine declare statehood.

I think we could very well see an Israeli strike on Iran next week.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo
 



I think we could very well see an Israeli strike on Iran next week.


I don't see that happening, not next week anyway..

As for calling up their reserves, wouldn't you expect that with the UN vote etc?



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Vitchilo
 



I think we could very well see an Israeli strike on Iran next week.


I don't see that happening, not next week anyway..

As for calling up their reserves, wouldn't you expect that with the UN vote etc?


Ya well they would be stupid if they didn't... One other news item... The PA government bought riot gear...



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Good, I like seeing Israel getting a bloody nose every time they try to assert themselves. Hopefullly this time the western world will stay out of their business and let them get their # handed to them by half of the middle east.

The UN has its troops spread to thin to help Israel in any great means, only thing I can see happening is NATO helping on bombing runs and after the fiasco in Lybia most NATO countries are seeing a munitions problem (spent to many rounds in Lybia).



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo
 


If Israel hits Iran,and if Turkey hits Israel,it is not just war inbetween the three,but the whole region will burn.... Egipt,Libya,Palestinians,Syria,Lebanon,even Saudi Arabia will join if Israel flys over SA,because they were clear not to allow Israely flys to fly over their teritory. It could mean WW3.... US will be on side of Israel of course,as will France,Britain,Italy Spain.... This could end up bad..... for everyone.



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
Good, I like seeing Israel getting a bloody nose every time they try to assert themselves. Hopefullly this time the western world will stay out of their business and let them get their # handed to them by half of the middle east.

The UN has its troops spread to thin to help Israel in any great means, only thing I can see happening is NATO helping on bombing runs and after the fiasco in Lybia most NATO countries are seeing a munitions problem (spent to many rounds in Lybia).



Where do you get your information? A munitions problem? Really?



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
an Israeli strike on Iran? Highly unlikely as Israel will not go to war with any country that has an actual army. So the settlers or the IDF will fire on any Palestinians approaching their security fence. They allow that any settlers stepping outside the security fence may be fired upon by the Palestinians? Now why would the Palestinians riot? Celebrate their victory at the UN but they would not riot. Seems like the Israelis would like to see them riot so they can kill a few of them. I think there may be peaceful demonstrations which scare the Israelis to death as they want the Palestinians portrayed as violent animals.



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This isn't news at all. Every time something doesn't happen in Israels favor they always "prepare to call up reserves". I think they just look for reasons at this point to somehow make the news. Just more sabre rattling if you ask me.


Just to prove my point, here are two links to recent "reserve calls" and the middle east is still in tact, because low and behold they didn't do anything.

Israel Approves Reserve Call-Up, Fueling Talk of Ground Attack (2008)

Israeli Cabinet OKs call-up of thousands of reserve soldiers (2006)

ETA: Looking back through the news headlines since 2001 it looks to me like the only years that Israel did not call up reserves, or prepare to call up reserves was 2007, and 2010.

edit on 9/15/2011 by SpaDe_ because: add info



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci
 


www.telegraph.co.uk...

Thats a reputable site also, France are so Skint they where using cement bombs to cut costs

defensetech.org...

Any other Questions? lol . Google is your friend.



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Well this ain't getting better... calling up reserves for events coming up... Palestine declaring statehood... and maybe even a showdown with Turkey... and who knows what else... with Egypt not very stable... Hamas could start launching big rockets and you never know what Hezbollah might do. And of course the whole ``Iran`` thingee.

Also the protesters in Israel wanting to bring down Netanyahu and his extremist government... Politicians love to start wars to distract attention.

IDF Prepares to Call Up Reserves

The IDF prepares for the possibility of PA Arab riots, and will call up reserves probably Sunday, September 18.The Israel Defense Forces are preparing for the possibility of Palestinian Authority Arab riots beginning September 20, when the PA will bring its statehood bid to the United Nations.

Israel's military will begin to call up its reserves, probably starting this Sunday, September 18, sources said Thursday.

Arutz Sheva has been informed that the residents of the Jewish towns in Judea and Samaria have warned the Arab residents of PA-controlled areas that if they approach the security fences surrounding their towns, the response will be “unequivocal.”

The warning comes in the wake of threats by PA Arabs to march on Israeli communities in the regions on September 20, the day PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas intends to ask the United Nations General Assembly to recognize the entity as a new Arab country, and grant it membership within the ranks.

We'll see. BTW, Palestine announced earlier today they will submit their statehood declaration on September 23.
...
Former CIA official : Israel Will Bomb Iran in September

That and a looming economic collapse... I think we'll see a lot of things pan out in the next few weeks/months.

So let's see here.. September 18, Israel calls up reserves. September 23, Palestine declare statehood.

I think we could very well see an Israeli strike on Iran next week.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)



Netanyahu and his SS men are nothing better than Neo Nazi Bully Boys.
They need to go.........Soonest.



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen
 


I really doubt they have problems with that. Most likly just letting them think we have munition problems.

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. - sun tzu



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Israel calls up there reserves when ever they feel threatened and political events start churning. BUT, when you are the size some counties in west Texas..or even smaller, you don't have time to react...so you must be proactive. Prior to taking the West Bank in 1967, you could literally drive across some parts of Israel in 30 minutes.

Speaking of the West Bank... don't down play Israel's Army. They have one of the best military forces in the world. In 1967, they were attacked by three countries simultaneously...Egypt, Syria, and Jordan. With some help from US counter air strikes...the Israeli Defense force repulsed the attacks...counterattacked and went on the offensive...took the Golan Heights, all of Jerusalem and the West Bank, and all of the Sinai Penninsula.

In 1973, they repulsed an attack by the Egyptians again across the Suez Canal into the Sinai again.

The Merkava Tank is one of the best and developed specifically for the IDF and it's tactics and terrain. I also understand that the Israeli AirForce has a rotation of a full wing of attack aircraft sitting on the runway...pilots in cockpit... ready to go...to shave off even more precious minutes in countering an attack.

Then there is the sub force and the "Samson Option" which would normally dissuade a rational alliance of opponents from attacking... the key word is rational.

There are many that will point to the Lebanon incursion that went awry, but that Defence Minister and government has since been replaced, and the use of a "piece meal" offensive has been re-evaluated.

Lastly, Israel has some "strange bedfellows" as allies...one being Saudi Arabia...who last year agreed to let Israel fly over part of it's territory. Iran is bad for business and the extreme fundamental Islamists are bad for the House of Saud.

And with the recent win of the Republicans in a predominant Jewish House Seat in NY...Obama is gonna have to prove he backs Israel or lose the Jewish Demo vote.... just the kind of thing Netanyahu might have been waiting for...I wouldn't want to play poker with him... cause now he calls Obama..."put up or shut up."



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen
 


defensenews.com...

Please don't be alarmist and naive enough to think that NATO is running out of bombs. If NATO, more specifically the US even needs to get involved, rest assured they will have all assets necessary to carry out the mission.



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Calling up their reserves only makes sense, hell, they've been handing out stun grenades to settlers in preparations.

See, you've got to look at it from their standpoint, because their government honestly believes that everyone on earth wants every single Jew killed. They honestly believe that the first act of the Palestinian government, once recognized by the UN, would be to attack Israel.

They have been fighting against Israel BECAUSE they are under oppression and have no country of their own, no rights under the UN, no access to the World Bank, nothing. Why on earth would they ensure their utter destruction once the goal for the past 50 years is actually reached?

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of Palestinians that honestly do hate Jews for being Jews, and I wouldn't be surprised if they start some trouble because each time steps are taken towards actually working this out, BOTH sides screw it up. Some say those attacks are false flags by Israel. i'm willing to believe some of them could be, but not all.

People like to paint Israel as pure evil and the Palestinians as Saints, the truth is far from that. But the fact remains, this problem doesn't exist because they hate "Jews" the problem exists because of the conditions these people are forced to endure.

Israel should indeed be making preparations, but bombing the crap out of Gaza shouldn't be the first item on the list of reactions. It's time for Israel to step up and be the adult, they control the situation, they can contain and defuse it. the world is being Palestinians getting recognition, well, basically everyone but the US. Even Russia is supporting whatever they decide to do.

It's time. how can anyone actually justify keeping these people under those conditions for this long? Want to end the terror? Remove the causes that drive people to it.

That said, I believe it's time for me to be called an antisemite and to be informed that all Arabs are taught from birth to hate all Jews and to drink their blood.



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_
 


At some point, they will have to use them.

Now is this the time, I don't know, we will see.

That is what makes it so interesting.



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Since dual citizenship with the US is common with Israel, I wonder how many of those "reservists" are actually American?



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Calling up their reserves only makes sense, hell, they've been handing out stun grenades to settlers in preparations.

See, you've got to look at it from their standpoint, because their government honestly believes that everyone on earth wants every single Jew killed. They honestly believe that the first act of the Palestinian government, once recognized by the UN, would be to attack Israel.

They have been fighting against Israel BECAUSE they are under oppression and have no country of their own, no rights under the UN, no access to the World Bank, nothing. Why on earth would they ensure their utter destruction once the goal for the past 50 years is actually reached?

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of Palestinians that honestly do hate Jews for being Jews, and I wouldn't be surprised if they start some trouble because each time steps are taken towards actually working this out, BOTH sides screw it up. Some say those attacks are false flags by Israel. i'm willing to believe some of them could be, but not all.

People like to paint Israel as pure evil and the Palestinians as Saints, the truth is far from that. But the fact remains, this problem doesn't exist because they hate "Jews" the problem exists because of the conditions these people are forced to endure.

Israel should indeed be making preparations, but bombing the crap out of Gaza shouldn't be the first item on the list of reactions. It's time for Israel to step up and be the adult, they control the situation, they can contain and defuse it. the world is being Palestinians getting recognition, well, basically everyone but the US. Even Russia is supporting whatever they decide to do.

It's time. how can anyone actually justify keeping these people under those conditions for this long? Want to end the terror? Remove the causes that drive people to it.

That said, I believe it's time for me to be called an antisemite and to be informed that all Arabs are taught from birth to hate all Jews and to drink their blood.


The goal is jeruselem.

Your looking at it from a seculer perspective.

I do not think this is just about land to either sides.

edit on 15-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters
 


I agree with you. As always, there are two sides to every story...actually there are 3 sidea...one side, the other side..and then the truth.

Israel could certainly help it's standing in the world by being a bit more generous in dealing with the Palestinians. On the other hand, constantly allowing and even participating in the rocket attacks on Israel helps the Palestinians little.

Prior to Israel being Israel...the Palestinians sought recognition from Jordan and Syria... both of which controlled portions of the region. They both declined.

This leads me to reason that the Palestinians are pawns... unjustly so...in the on going political, social, religious, military conflict with Israel.



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by David291
 


Im well aware of the art of war and always let your enemys think your weaker than you are but it doesent take a genius to work out that we are spread to thin, which is a reality.

Italy is broke
France is broke
UK is nealry broke
USA is going broke

So with all the finical crisis happeing around the world and the reoprts from creditable news outlets that we are shot on munitions not make you think that we just might be.

We are at war in

Lybia
Afgan
Iraq
Pakistan (drone attacks)
Syria (drone attacks)

Drug wars

Mexico
Columbia

So with that being said we are realisticaly in 3 wars at the moment and supplying weapon support for seven countries and boots on the ground in 4 and all the time we are hearing we are in an economic crisis? Its not speculation any more we are definatly spread to thin.

Remember what happened to Germany in 1941 with operation Barbarossa, Thats what killed the nazi party. They took on more than they could chew and got spat out. We are about to do the same with Iran/palistina, once we go in there its game over.

Remember what happened to solviet Russia in Afghanistan in the late 1970's early 80's?

*Turkey is # Israel over the killing of its citizens last year heading to Gaza on the boat.
*Egypt has a hatred of Isreal over what they are doing to the Palistines
*SA, as mentioned above has said they will not let Israel fighter jets over their air space .
*SA again has said that if America vetos the Palistines application to become a UN state they will basicaly disown them.


*Germany will not get invloved as their army is restricted by the WWII peace treaty and already told America to do one over Lybia.

This is the end game people and my money this time is not on the Americans, you have created a monster state and now its time to let it fall and I mean Israel.
edit on 15-9-2011 by michaelmcclen because: grammar



posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
here's two more reasons.

www.ynetnews.com...

Report: Turkish warplanes now able to fire at Israeli targets

Ankara's Star Gazete says country's new F-16 radar system modified to recategorize Israeli targets as hostile. Order said to come directly from PM Erdogan's office; naval, submarine radar systems to be changed next.



aaaand the main reason:



Turkey Slams Israel Again, This Time in Soccer

ISTANBUL—Fiyapi Inonu Stadium on Thursday showcased the latest sign of the deteriorating diplomatic relationship between longtime allies Turkey and Israel: 12 Israeli soccer fans.

Engulfed by a sea of empty white seats in the 32,000-capacity stadium and vastly outnumbered by battalions of riot police, the solitary Israelis had traveled to cheer their team, Maccabi Tel Aviv, against Istanbul's Besiktas in a politically charged Europa league match.

Late Thursday, the match appeared to have passed largely without incident as Besiktas, the pre-game favorites, romped to a 5-1 victory.




top topics



 
12
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join